Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shokugeki no Soma 57 Discussion/58 Predictions

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Shokugeki no Soma 57 Discussion/58 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Souma.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show
    Last edited by Leoat12; February 08, 2014 at 09:36 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Darker's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shokugeki no Soma 57 Spoiler Thread

credit : DarthAsma @ APforums

#57 Her memories

Alice...95 points (first place)
    Tadokoro... 88 points (forth place passing)

Judge[I don't even have the words to fully describe the deliciousness of this dish...!]
    95 points! Taking first place right away!
    Spectator[Impossible...!! Being able to score 19 points, almost a perfect score... with all those gourmets!!!]

95 points!!!
    Alice[Look look, seems like I've beaten Miss Secretary♪]
    (dreaded TN: There's a joke in here, Hisako gets called Hishoko whereby
    the "Hisho" part is written as secretary, you're allowed to laugh here hurr hurr)
    Hisako[Wh..Who is that supposed to be?]
    Spectator[That means that Hojo and the younger Aldini have to go through the ballot vote!]
    Spectator[Who would have thought, that Hojo having to fight it out for the 4th place.]

Tadokoro[It's Goosefish Dobujiru Curry...!]

Judge[Hafuuu...]TN: My guess they're blowing their food cold?
    Judge[How do I say this... after those dishes before this feels like a bit too much...]
    Judge[What is this... this dish seems to be overflowing with human kindness...]
    Alice[(mrmh...)!]

Isshiki[Finally, Tadokoro's turn]
    Isshiki[It's time for you to spread your wings and fly!]
    88 points!(lighting up on the display)
    4th place! She made it through!

Spectator[That Hojo Hiyoko being eliminated...!]
    Spectator[Miss Secretary(Hishoko) being beaten and Nakiri Alice taking first place!]
    Spectator[What a tumultuous turn of events!]
    Sadatsuka[Hihihi hihi]

Next up are Hayama and Soma!

Updated results with the new scores:
    So the current state of things are:
    (New scores in bold)
    Block A:
    1. Kurokiba Ryou(93)
    2. Ibusaki Shun/Marui Zenji(88)
    3. Sakaki Ryouko/Mito Ikumi (86)

Block B:
    1. Nakiri Alice (95)
    2. Arato Hisako (92)
    3. Aldini Takumi (90)
    4. Tadokoro Megumi (88)
    5. Hojo Miyoko/Aldini Isami (87)
    6. Yoshino Yuuki (86)
    7. Sadatsuka Nao (84)
    Last edited by Darker; February 07, 2014 at 01:40 AM.

3. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully they don't drag out the A block. I wonder who will get that 4th spot, and if anyone will beat Alice's score.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Eru13's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    Hopefully they don't drag out the A block. I wonder who will get that 4th spot, and if anyone will beat Alice's score.
    B Block is over, Megumi was the last one, Alice, Hisako, Takumi, and Megumi go to the main tournament
    A Block will be over next week, only Souma and Akira are left

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I know.... 4th spot in A block

Will anyone from A block be able to beat Alice's score...

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

The color spreads is awesome, that's all I could say at this point. It'd be another surprise if someone from A's block come out on top, beating Alice's score though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! So, Megumi got some support from her hometown . And it seems like it was there she learnt how to cut up that fish so skillfully . And her mother recommended her to got to Tootsuki to "experience the world" (I guess she kinda felt that someone with Megumi's talent was wasted in a rural town like theirs)... No surprise about Alice though, her being fairly close to Erina in terms of skill was strongly hinted at back when in that test with the eggs...

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Soma will be #2 for sure, never show your true power before the real competition begins.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what kind of message that would send if Soma finishes ahead of the "Curry" expert, or if he finishes with higher points than Alice. For some reason I felt that Soma was made to kind of perform less than Erina and Alice for a while, until he truly is on their level. Who knows he might possibly be lower than Erina and Alice's aids, and get lower points than them.

If he gets such a high score on this curry dish then that kind of smashes the idea that he would still have to beat out the top first years before heading into the top 10 of the school. I think the mangaka will want to have Soma slowly improve and get to Erina and Alice's level, but who knows he might have Soma get a higher score than Alice in this tournament.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    I don't know what kind of message that would send if Soma finishes ahead of the "Curry" expert, or if he finishes with higher points than Alice. For some reason I felt that Soma was made to kind of perform less than Erina and Alice for a while, until he truly is on their level. Who knows he might possibly be lower than Erina and Alice's aids, and get lower points than them.

If he gets such a high score on this curry dish then that kind of smashes the idea that he would still have to beat out the top first years before heading into the top 10 of the school. I think the mangaka will want to have Soma slowly improve and get to Erina and Alice's level, but who knows he might have Soma get a higher score than Alice in this tournament.
    Where did you get an idea that Soma is not as good or better than Erina or Alice? From what I've seen so far, Soma is already a top chef, the only one so far who actually beat him is his Dad. I think you give those two girls too much credit because they're suppose to be famous but it doesn't change the fact that they are the same age as Soma. They are by no mean any better than Soma IMO. And I don't mind if Soma not getting 1st because there is no need to show all of his skill yet. In the end, it's not the final yet.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Darker's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Really good chapter, although I expected more commentaries about Alice's dish. Well, I think stay the judges speechless was a good signal. XD
    IIRC I said in a previous chapter that the judges already came across various restaurants and dishes, they are experienced people, they were seeking for something news, and Alice fulfilled it. Probably she will have the best score of the preliminaries, I don't see Hayama getting more than her despite of his specialty.

This chapter was for Megumi. After all kinds of suffering, she finally revealed her talent. As I said many times, she has a great talent, but she lacks in self confidence. I hope that this victory makes her more confident. I'm rooting for her at the second round. She will not win, though, too early for a victory of this magnitude. XD

Now, we have this:
    I managed to predict what would happen in the Block B. Let's see Block A...

Block A

Kurokiba - 93 points
    Marui - 88 points
    Ibusaki - 88 points
    Nikumi - 86 points
    Sakaki Ryouko - 86 points

Block B

Alice! - 95 points
    Arato Hisako - 92 points
    Takumi Aldini - 90 points
    Megumi Tadokoro - 88 points

Houjou Miyoko - 87 points
    Isami Aldini - 87 points
    Yashino Yuuki - 86 points
    Sadatsuka Nao - 84 points

Block A is very hard to predict. If Hayama and Yukihira pass, there will be a tie between Marui and Ibusaki. It will be solved only if one of them doesn't pass.
    There will be a tie-break or one of them will not pass?

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Downanime00 View Post
    Where did you get an idea that Soma is not as good or better than Erina or Alice? From what I've seen so far, Soma is already a top chef, the only one so far who actually beat him is his Dad. I think you give those two girls too much credit because they're suppose to be famous but it doesn't change the fact that they are the same age as Soma. They are by no mean any better than Soma IMO. And I don't mind if Soma not getting 1st because there is no need to show all of his skill yet. In the end, it's not the final yet.
    Not at all. Alice and Erina are ahead of Yukihira by far. Probably, he will not pass Kurokiba on the scores. Hayama has a slight chance to surpass, but I think unlikely.
    Erina and Alice studied on Tootsuki since Middle School, there is a clear difference of levels, of truly knowledge. Yukihira is good, but he is in Tootsuki, there are many people better than him for sure. He has a natural talent, but he makes mistakes, too, like in the camp arc. He has many things to learn yet.
    Last edited by Leoat12; February 08, 2014 at 10:24 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raijatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shokugeki no Soma 57 Discussion/58 Predictions

Aaand Alice won Gruop B, this was to be expected. But her win showed her biggest weakness (the weakness of scientific cuisine in general) aswell. The judges could not describe WHY they liked her dish, it was outstanding but at the same time nothing but show. Once you get used to it the surprise is over and her scores would plummet meaning she has to be even more extravagant next time.

Tadokoro on the other hand made very clear whats to like about her dish. her message is simple and kidn which would make real costumers return to her restaurant every time and leave with a big smile on their face. She is the very avatar of family cooking and kindness in this manga.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast