Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 738 Discussion / 739 Prediction

Grenze MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece One Piece 738 Discussion / 739 Prediction

If you haven't seen the goodies yet, check here: Spoilers Pics and Summaries

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chitgoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 738 Spoiler Discussion

LOL not much action. seems the focus is on the dwarves side

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wow SO AWESOME!!!! NOT so we are shown the dwarves.... thats cool but no other group on dressrosa? WTF.. l would not mind seeing them... IF THEY HAD ACOMPLISHED something. they looking like Usopp. they need stop hanging with that coward weak long nose ugly man. Rubbing too much of himself on them. next week will be better, why? cuz in Oda I trust.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I was kinda hoping we will see Sanji's side. But I got a feeling Oda is deliberately not showing them for some reason.
    There may not be much action in this chapter but I'm glad we get to see what is going on inside the factory.

MH's Best Username 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member GomuGomuNoBigBoner's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, I hope Oda treats the Sunny/Big Mom part more along the lines of how he treated Franky's disappearance during Punk Hazard.
    With the exception of Doflamingo and Kinemon everyones like engaged in a skirmish right now, riight?
    Looking forward to see why we've seen so little of Pica so far. He might just not be the talkative kinda guy, hell, he might even be mute, but still, little can be said about his character until he gets at least SOME dialogue.
    Hoping for some character twist since, IIRC, there hasn't really been a http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../GeniusBruiser character so far, has there been?
    "PICA SMASH" wud be a huge downer. =D
    Last edited by GomuGomuNoBigBoner; February 19, 2014 at 01:47 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So funny. So much plot to be revealed in the coming months (years?) - Pica's full power, Law's backstory, Kanjuro's situation, Kinemon's mission, meeting Manshelly, Gradius's deal, the official introduction and history of Sabo T. Cotswold, the extent of the Revolutionary's presence, Doffy's motivation, Viola's machinations, Bellamy's decision, wherefore art t' three CP0, dot dot dot - and the big reveal we get, after a break, is... the dwarves who are enslaved remain so because they are gullible.

Should've seen it coming.

Every chapter usually brings newness in a balletic balance of revelatory character personality/power displays, conflict progression, and expository world-building pronouncements. The happenings with Manshelly and the Shackled Dwarf Force (band name copyrighted) clearly were on the docket... but I was so hepped up for Pica or Kanjuro or basically ANY OTHER plot point, I failed to "see." Foolish me. And it doesn't even sound like we actually meet Manshelly yet anyhow.

I hope the chapter itself at least has some supaa savory insight into Sugar & Trebol's skill and style, half the pages I pray, full of Boogery and Childish Dwarf Pwnage (album name copyrighted). If'n it's all Tall Tales of Short-Stature Stupidity (documentary name copyrighted), I'm gonna have a little sad. Little, because: Dwarves, and because One Piece is still One Piece, aka, The Infallible, Unfailing Brilliance (future Michel Gondry project - free to steal), and the only thing worth living for on this despicable dirt clod squirting through the corn-flecked feces we call space.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Username 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member GomuGomuNoBigBoner's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yoken Yoken no Mi View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Also, thanks for pointing out CP0. I keep forgetting them over and over, even though they're probably as big of a wildcard as the admiral.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saw the full spoilers at the link provided. There are a lot of action. So both Sugar and Trebol seems quite strong. Will definitely give Ussop and Robin challenge.

Ussop vs Sugar
    Robin vs Trebol

Interesting battle ahead. This should be their toughest fight in these two years (real world time)
    Last edited by nfinitfx; February 19, 2014 at 01:59 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Trikz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like an OK chapter so far with abit of action, although not much seems to happen in terms of plot. Just expected more since there was a break last week, but i guess we will have to wait till next week for the main events.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Junaid_Sennin's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like Sugar is stronger than expected, if she has the hand speed and skill to touch all of those dwarfs before they could attack. Also, Trebol seems strong, despite his stupid-looking ability. And what's up with the half-Smiles? I guess they take considerable effort and care to grow properly, and if the dwarfs slack off or are off their game, the results are such.
    Stand back, I'm going to try science

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

If this chapter was about Sanji vs Big mom, this thread would have hit 10 pages...
    Why do people keep expecting a chapter after a break to be extremely amazing?

It's not the most exciting chapter but we got a lot info regarding Sugar, Trebol , the smile fruit and the dwarfs.
    As most people expected, knocking Sugar unconscious is not going to be easy. She's pretty smart and is able to take care of herself even without Trebol. She figures out that somebody must be leading the dwarfs because the dwarfs are way too gullible to think on their own.

The dwarfs are honestly pretty dumb. I really don't know how they will have survive without Riku's help. Why the heck would they announce to Sugar their plan of knocking her out? And they also believed her lies until Usopp told them she lying.

It seem like the dwarfs had not been seen for around a year so they couldn't get more dwarfs slave. So, the toy soldier plan has been going on for quite a while now.

The process of making the smile fruit is also pretty interesting.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

the place got trashed 100% sure that Sugar will be in the rubble and Ussop will use his sniping ability to put the spicy food in Sugar's mouth

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member StrawHat 13's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In Usopp's defense - it seems that even tho he's a coward he's actually a smart fighter. I figure that his cowardice allows him time to study his opponents and devise a set of attacks (pop greens used in tandem) to defeat his enemy.
    Well none of that matters since Trebol just decided to toss a f***ING ship at the tower...
    He also must be confident that Sugar would be able to avoid/deal with the ship crashing into the tower...

Random theory on Sugar's Hobby fruit powers;
    After reading this chapter we have fully seen the complete process that she uses to transform people.
    -person is touched by sugar-> becomes a toy
    -person is then given verbal commands(obey the family ect...)
    -person becomes a toy, unable to change their will, but still retaining memories of who they are.

Observation of this process shows that physical touch is not necessary from Sugar to deliver the verbal commands (no way she could have had a hand on EACH dwarf she changed). Iirc, It has also been shown that Trebol was able to give commands as well to newly changed toys.
    If this process must happen this way in order for toys to be obedient I would theorize that:
    *The time in which the commands are given must quickly follow soon after the person has been touched by Sugar otherwise the commands will not be effective(I believe "broken" toys fall into this category)
    *and that the Weakness of Sugar's fruit is that the verbal commands can be delivered by someone else who may be around at the moment a person is changed.(imagine if she turns more Dwarfs into toys and Usopp is able to yell "you have to listen to me, she's your enemy, attack her!)

Now that we got the "dwarf update" chapter I'm gladly looking forward to ANY other plot point..Luffy...sanji....franky...any of em. 4/10

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not as boring as I thought it would be. It was actually nice.

I really like seeing Sugar do her thing. And Trebol's sniping skills are interesting. It seems that he may end up facing Ussop in a sniping showdown.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for not forgetting characters and their stories and I do think this chapter was needed but I can't help but be disappointed at its timing. Definitely shouldn't have been placed after a 2 week break (just my opinion).

New Reply
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast