Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Winter Olympics: Sochi 2014

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Winter Olympics: Sochi 2014

http://www.sochi2014.com/en

And so it begins, it's not as popular as the summer olympics, but I am really looking forward to curling in these games.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Winter Olympics: Sochi 2014

Even anime blogs are trolling the Sochi Games. http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-21754.html

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Russia just proved how much of a second rate country they are. They are a laughing stock for the entire world. When you see things like this: http://9gag.com/gag/aRQvQAG ...
    When you see the result, the price, the working conditions ... a complete failure.

It will be the same with Brazil. Those countries that want to prove they are among the top & can organize are just laughable.
    They should organize in a country where all the infrastructure is already there. But those countries are not ready to give as much dirty money to be chosen.

Aside from that, bjoerndalen in the history book as the greatest winter olympist of all times.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

How is everyone's thoughts on the Olympics so far? I was really worried about the security prior to the games, but it seems like things are moving smoothly so far. *knocks on wood so I don't jinx anything*

I'm actually surprised that Russia isn't dominating the medal standings that host countries usually do. They have the most number of athletes who are competing this year so this is a pretty poor performance by them so far. (Then again they weren't doing too well in 2010.) It seems as if all the money went to figure skating. Hmm...?

Since the US Olympic Team is one of the most well-rounded with the most funding, I'm not sure why they're placing quite low as well. My heart broke for Shaun White.

Norway and the Netherlands are doing well right now, but they'll plateau soon since their respective dominant sports are nearing its conclusion. Germany is doing great with six golds so far. I hope they keep this momentum up. And of course...

~*CANADA*~

New Reply