Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CLAYMORE ANIME

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

CLAYMORE ANIME

I must inform you right now, that you now have quite literally 20 hours to view, live, with other people, the entire Claymore anime.

1) register an account at justintv

2) series starts at Saturday 8 February, ~7pm. <-- this is US Central Standard Time

3) after you reigister at justin.tv ...visit http://deep13.us/everyone-else/moviesign-large

Yes, that simple. The broadcaster may run into technical trouble setting this up. You will either bear with him or you will exit. No bitching will be tolerated. However, feel free with making new friends with video-minded experts while here. These people do not play around, and they are huge fans of anime.

yes, i have been ***extremely critical *** of the actual manga, however, simply showing the anime SHOULD APPEAL TO ALL FANS OF CLAYMORE OUT OF GENERAL INTEREST

I DO SINCERELY WANT TO SEE EVERYONE THERE TOMORROW. THIS MEANS SATURDAY.. FEBRUARY 8TH 2014. THANKYOU THAT IS ALL.

Utsune: Changed the title into something more general since the original is not so relevant anymore (sorry, should have done this long ago ^^' )
    Last edited by Utsune; August 02, 2014 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Changed the title

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ALERT: YOU HAVE 20 HOURS TO PUBLICY WATCH THE CLAYMORE ANIME.

?????
    Is it just me... or does anyone else hearing a chorus of warning bells about this?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tempest Phoenix's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

But the anime was kind of really bad.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nah the anime wasn't bad at all... until maybe it started to diverge from the manga around the time of Pieta.

and the point is to watch it w/people instead of in your mom's basement. i think you'll find that fun.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

ep1 starting now.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TStew's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Linky no worky. But thats no prob, I was late seeing this and don't have time to be watching anime right now anyhow, and I have the bluray set anyhow. I for one, REALLY liked the anime. The manga obviously has the advantage of continuing on (and of course being the actual, original work), but I love the effect of the story combined with live action, color, music. I just love the OST for Claymore, but I'm weird like that. I saw the anime first, so thats what really captured my heart, and I thought other than the final few episodes they did an excellent job.

I am thinking about re-watching it sometime in subtitled instead of dubbed though, just to experience it. Many say they prefer subtitled in general, and I just lent out my Claymore disks to a friend I just realized was into anime, and he watched it subtitled. Caught me off guard a bit since I hadnt ever considered watching it that way, but maybe its better IDK. I just can't imaging Clare's voice not being Stephanie Young, or Helen and Rubel in particular I thought their voice acting was spot on. But it is a goal to rewatch it in Japanese some time.
    Last edited by TStew; February 09, 2014 at 10:37 PM.
    T~Stew

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore anime was broadcasted since 2007 and it rushed through at the end due to probably sponsorship issues and such. It was quite a disappointment in which a good story and a nice piece of artwork gone into drain. But I must say that the music was good, so much so that I used them for the phone ring tone.

~~~~++~~~~Do You Love Me?~~~~++~~~~

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Fate_Archer's Avatar
    Country
    Genosha
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ProGoddess View Post
    Claymore anime was broadcasted since 2007 and it rushed through at the end due to probably sponsorship issues and such. It was quite a disappointment in which a good story and a nice piece of artwork gone into drain. But I must say that the music was good, so much so that I used them for the phone ring tone.
    Madhouse also had its hands quite full that year with the half-end of Death Note anime, Devil May Cry and other big titles it might have been animating parallely at the time. I remember that year attending an event where they brought one of the animation directors of DN anime for a talk. The guy mentioned that the studio picks among 40 projects a year that vary between big titles, mid sized and small projects. Not sure if they keep this project policy as I haven't kept track on them and generally don't follow much anime studio companies, but probably so. Not that I'm excusing Madhouse for screwing the 7 or so final episodes and speciallly the end, I lost a lot of respect for them as well.

Hopefully one day we get a Claymore "Brotherhood" from a studio that gives its full and deserved attention to Yagi's work and picks from where the story diverged. The quality of the action scenes in the anime was quite inconsistent IMO as well, it ranged from great to nearly cringe worthy sometimes. I particularly felt quite a step down after Ophelia's arc, which sucks for me, Witch's Maw could have been better animated.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you, Fate_Archer. The restriction on TV animated production can be quite a disadvantage to viewers, in which we are always at their mercy and one of the main issues is the funding and sponsorship. If a particular production isn't making any or very little profit, it will be terminated. Just a fact of life, I guess.

During that time, Death Note was very popular and I believe the viewership was also a lot higher than many others. Thus the less popular ones will have to go.

One thing that I have always wondered, why didn't they re-make the anime or maybe a movie like some others? One of the series that I have watched was Full Metal Alchemist and it has two series (of the same story) produced at different times. My only wish is to have Claymore story told in animated form. I'm not sure how well this series is being received in Japan, but I guess it zooms down to popularity and that's where the money starts to roll.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Number A's Avatar
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

What it comes down to is how likely they think something will be a hit. Entertainment industries across the planet are extremely conservative: movies, TV shows, they take HUGE sums of money to make and require correspondingly vast returns on investment. FMA was HUGE, so huge it justified a second anime, I don't have the sense that Claymore is anywhere near that level of popularuty.

How big is it, btw? I'd vaguely heard of it before I read it and my flatmate who hasn't read the series knew that
    Spoiler show
    but the rumours I've heard about it's Japanese popularity suggest that it's really nothing much.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Progoddess the series was amazing until around Pieta. unfortunately the chances of a second attempt is almost non-existent.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Fate_Archer's Avatar
    Country
    Genosha
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Number A View Post
    What it comes down to is how likely they think something will be a hit. Entertainment industries across the planet are extremely conservative: movies, TV shows, they take HUGE sums of money to make and require correspondingly vast returns on investment. FMA was HUGE, so huge it justified a second anime, I don't have the sense that Claymore is anywhere near that level of popularuty.

How big is it, btw? I'd vaguely heard of it before I read it and my flatmate who hasn't read the series knew that
    Spoiler show
    but the rumours I've heard about it's Japanese popularity suggest that it's really nothing much.
    Yes, and with little data to support my conclusions I actually have the same impression about its popularity within Japan. Far from a big hit like FMA but also quite away from an unkown series. Most people who give it a chance fall for it in my experience, though with different degrees of investment (we posting in this board are only a fraction of this spectrum I think). Alas, yes, the likelihood of a remake happening is realistically sad, but hope and longing dies last I guess.

Claymore's popularity seems, like most series that cross some popularity threshold I imagine, to come mostly from outside Japan. It's a series that has an enourmous western feel and appeal to it. But knowing how self-centered Japan and a good deal of its executives are when it comes to business, including the manga and anime market, the overseas factor doesn't play as much influence as it perhaps should on their business decisions it seems. Claymore seems to me as a product that can do quite well inside its own market, but potentially outstandingly overseas.

If sponsours weren't or don't think along these lines, I still maintain that Madhouse had too many eggs on their basket around the time. They and their sponsours chose to put all their coins in a single one.

The good side of it, is that love it or hate it, the anime still brings new people to the series to this day.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Number A's Avatar
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried watching the anime once, it was the strangest thing: Claymore sans everything that actually makes it good. I watched a little, who can resist gawking at a car crash, but that wore thin after maybe three episodes. I've met a few people who've looked at me askance when I've raved about the manga, they've all heard how 'faithful' the anime adaptation is to the series and, having been underwhelmed by it, are skeptical. It's a little frustrating.

It may bring people but it also puts them off. I guess that's the way it is.

Don't mind me if you liked the anime, btw, I'm one of these people.
    Last edited by Number A; August 02, 2014 at 01:34 AM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fluorideconspiracy View Post
    Progoddess the series was amazing until around Pieta. unfortunately the chances of a second attempt is almost non-existent.
    Yea, one can only hope for it, that's all.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought the anime was great until the end. I loved the animation and dark color themes. It was also one of the first animes that I saw and opened me up to other animes.

I don't like it when anime's have their own ending different from the manga. That happened with the first Fullmetal Alchemist, Blue Exorcist, and Hellsing. I wish they would just stick to the original story.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast