Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seinen Awards Info and Discussion Thread

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Seinen Awards Info and Discussion Thread

Welcome to the info and discussion thread for the Seinen Awards 2014

Award FormatThe event will consist of two phases: a nomination phase and a voting phase. Between those two phases, there will be three days break for administrative reasons.

Nomination Phase (3rd to 9th Match): The community makes their nominations in the category threads. If a series has already been nominated before, a member is allowed to support that nomination to build up hype and campaign for that nomination.

Break (10th of March): Administrative reasons, preparation of the next phase.

Voting Phase (11th to 17th March): A poll is created from all nominations. Every member will be able to campaign for specific series and cast vote(s) to support those series.

Break (18th of March): Administrative reasons, preparation of the next phase.

Second Voting Phase(final) (19th to 25th): A poll for the top two series of each category is created and the winner is decided.

Nomination Info - "How to Nominate"You may nominate up to three (3) series in each category. However, during the nomination phase, you can change your nomination if you want to nominate another title.

For the nomination phase to run smoothly and to avoid situations where nominations weren't counted by accident, please state your nominations clearly. It is preferable to highlight the nominated candidate with bolded red text. Example:

"I nominate Berserk for best series."

Voting Info - "How to Vote"Once the nomination round is over and the polls are made, the voting round begins. Please keep in mind that a vote is final. Discuss your opinion and think it through before voting. Choose wisely, because we won't change the votes if you reconsider later on.

Categories:

Best Male Character
    Best Female Character
    Best Antagonist
    Best Supporting Character
    Best Couple
    Best Panel
    Best Overall Seinen
    Best Cast
    Favorite Death
    Best Slice of Life
    Best Romance
    Best Drama
    Best Mystery
    Best Sci-Fi
    Best Overall Artwork
    Best Fighting Sequence
    Most Hated Character
    Best Comedy
    Best Horror
    Last edited by Josef K.; March 02, 2014 at 07:48 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FaustXIII's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seinen Awards Info and Discussion Thread

Why is there no Best Seinen Author category?
    [

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FaustXIII View Post
    Why is there no Best Seinen Author category?
    Most authors are not exclusive to seinen, some are but not all.

This is the first time we host these awards, but any ideas for new categories are always welcomed, we did not want to experiment a lot with categories, since a lot of categories takes the fun out of the awards. Any suggestions on what should be taken into consideration for next year is always welcomed.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is nominating something different..The voting could be kind of spread out, huh?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conn-man View Post
    Everyone is nominating something different..The voting could be kind of spread out, huh?
    Every series that was nominated will get a chance to be voted on in the first round.^^ I like that people are nominating different, perhaps someone might pick some new manga up from these awards.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Every series that was nominated will get a chance to be voted on in the first round.^^ I like that people are nominating different, perhaps someone might pick some new manga up from these awards.
    Ha, yeah I've already started a new series someone nominated. I guess for now its more of a seinen convention until the voting starts.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conn-man View Post
    Ha, yeah I've already started a new series someone nominated. I guess for now its more of a seinen convention until the voting starts.
    I am very happy to hear that, yeah I like that seinen convention. So, which manga did you start?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a category for something like Most Promising New series and to include series only from the last 1-5 years or less. Because even through some old series are really good, seeing Berserk and Vagabond dominating most of the categories can take the fun from the awards. So at least in 1 category the new series will have better chance to shine.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am very happy to hear that, yeah I like that seinen convention. So, which manga did you start?
    Saint Young Men from the comedy category, thanks go to Drmke for the nomination! Jesus and Buddha vacationing on earth and sharing an apartment? Its just..fantastic.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I already did!
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for participating all, we will take into consideration for next year Unok, this is the first time we are having the awards, so I had no idea who would dominate. >.>'

And I am glad everyone is picking up new series, the week is still young, go on and NOMINATE!

---------- Post added March 10, 2014 at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous post was March 05, 2014 at 12:03 AM ----------

NOMINATION ROUND IS OVER, PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE STAFF SETS UP THE POLLS FOR THE FIRST VOTING ROUND!!

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 AM ----------

VOTING ROUND

VOTING HAS STARTED PLEASE GO AND VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE SERIES!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If you go to vote in the poll for 'Best Comedy' you will get 2 options for Ashita Dorobou. I think Jigokuren is missing.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    If you go to vote in the poll for 'Best Comedy' you will get 2 options for Ashita Dorobou. I think Jigokuren is missing.
    Sorry for the confusion, yes it was a small mistake on my part, but it has been fixed now, thanks for noticing, go on everyone VOTE!

---------- Post added March 17, 2014 at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was March 11, 2014 at 01:55 AM ----------

VOTING ROUND 1 IS OVER! PLEASE WAIT WHILE THE STAFF COMPILES THE RESULTS SO WE CAN HEAD TO THE FINAL ROUND!

---------- Post added March 18, 2014 at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was March 17, 2014 at 11:44 PM ----------

THE FINALS ARE HERE! VOTE!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Where are the results of the old polls? I would like to know for example how many votes Dorohedoro got.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

The system deletes results after the poll is stripped. They are not saved anywhere that is easily accessible. Anyone interested in retaining the results of past rounds would be advised to write down results after the poll closes.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast