Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: The SNK "What If" Thread

  1. #16
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Masyaf, following the Assassin's Creed
    Country
    Albania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The SNK "What If" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    Can someone explain why I imagine them all sitting down and having a beer together (charitably left behind by Grisha) under this scenario? The vibe is like a post-moving party where almost everything is still in boxes but you and your friends are too tired to do anything else now and just want to hang/relax. Unfortunately they wouldn't be able to get pizza though...
    But on a more serious note, RBY can't pillage Eren's house because all they know about it is that it is located in Shiganshina, but they don't know exactly where in Shiganshina. If they tried to destroy everything that remains of the city just to make sure they destroyed the basement, they would draw the attention of a horde of Titans, which would ironically prevent them from destroying it.

  2. #17
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere
    Country
    France
    Age
    20
    Posts
    197
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The SNK "What If" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    But on a more serious note, RBY can't pillage Eren's house because all they know about it is that it is located in Shiganshina, but they don't know exactly where in Shiganshina. If they tried to destroy everything that remains of the city just to make sure they destroyed the basement, they would draw the attention of a horde of Titans, which would ironically prevent them from destroying it.
    Eren gave a good indication about his home to Bert when he said that huge boulder from the walls landed on his house and was the reason for his mom's death, they have some infos about his home and they may be able to find it. They could even look for a house with a mailbox written Yeager, it wouldn't surprise me, Isayama's editor said we will get some revelations between volume 14/16 and that the basement should come somewhere around there, if the story switched to the two warriors and Historia's waifu right after the incoming revelations it would make sense and be refreshing.
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #18
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Masyaf, following the Assassin's Creed
    Country
    Albania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The SNK "What If" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BobobVanBlob View Post
    Eren gave a good indication about his home to Bert when he said that huge boulder from the walls landed on his house and was the reason for his mom's death, they have some infos about his home and they may be able to find it. They could even look for a house with a mailbox written Yeager, it wouldn't surprise me, Isayama's editor said we will get some revelations between volume 14/16 and that the basement should come somewhere around there, if the story switched to the two warriors and Historia's waifu right after the incoming revelations it would make sense and be refreshing.
    Boulders landed on plenty of houses during the attack of the Colossal Titan. It still narrows down the options though. They would still draw the attention of Titans if they tried to search for Eren's house, and there's no indication that houses in Shiganshina had mailboxes. If RBY finds Eren's house because of such a mundane thing that has never appeared before it would be a Deus (or Diabolus) Ex Machina (a.k.a an ass-pull), and I don't think that Isayama would fall to such a level.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #19
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ArtIristic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    At the sea behind the head.
    Country
    Denmark
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The SNK "What If" Thread

    What if Monkey Trouble finds the basement first, for a yet-to-be-answered-reason (AKA: I asked for directions).
    Just him sitting in the basement looking over all the papers, while twirling his fabulously evil mustache, and saying "Sou desu ka?"

    Eren and co. finds the basement emptied out, realizing everything they have done was in complete vain. Everyone heads home and open up a bar in the Inner Lands, because booze is what these people need after all the things they went through.

    Ok, ok. But what else kinda reason could Monkey Trouble have for visiting the Walls? Yeah, he was testing the humans, but it seemed more like he did for the lulz, since he never saw their struggle to the end. He must had been seeking something!
    He just went in to tease them, terrify them, let them be killed in horrifying ways, leave them in a state of confusion, to then disappear into thin air like he never existed. What is his motive to do that, and at that time?

    Hmm, could he really be? A monster with no name?... Ok, I'm just going crazy here.
    〜Nano desu~※☆✕

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #20
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The SNK "What If" Thread

    Turns out Monkey Trouble and Grisha went to medical school together. They used to be best buds, but then there was a backwash incident. Their freindship never recovered. Oh and the whole Titans thing.

    So what if the conspiricy hadn't stifled technological development? I would guess that Hot Air Balloons alone would be damn useful.

    What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

  9. #21
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ArtIristic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    At the sea behind the head.
    Country
    Denmark
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The SNK "What If" Thread

    'A backwash incident?' Have you been watching Danny Phantom.... Holy Mother Connie. It makes so much more sense now. The experimented son. The dad that holds barely any responsibility for their son. The worried mother. The overprotective sister and their geeky friend.

    AoT is a parallel universe to Danny Phantom! How did we not see this before?
    But that means the basement is... Oh No- *Kaboom*

    Added Video: Look what I found. Calling it now - AoT is a parallel universe after all.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by ArtIristic; July 09, 2014 at 06:58 PM.
    〜Nano desu~※☆✕

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #22
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Somewhere
    Country
    France
    Age
    20
    Posts
    197
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The SNK "What If" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtIristic View Post
    'A backwash incident?' Have you been watching Danny Phantom.... Holy Mother Connie. It makes so much more sense now. The experimented son. The dad that holds barely any responsibility for their son. The worried mother. The overprotective sister and their geeky friend.

    AoT is a parallel universe to Danny Phantom! How did we not see this before?
    But that means the basement is... Oh No- *Kaboom*
    I never watched Danny Phantom what's in the basement then?
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

  12. #23
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ArtIristic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    At the sea behind the head.
    Country
    Denmark
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The SNK "What If" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BobobVanBlob View Post
    I never watched Danny Phantom what's in the basement then?
    The basement in DP has a Ghost Portal that leads to parallel dimension filled with... you guessed it: Ghosts. (It makes sense in context). If the Ghost Portal doesn't get a filter change every once in awhile, the place goes *Kaboom*.
    〜Nano desu~※☆✕

  13. #24
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,094
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The SNK "What If" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtIristic View Post
    What if Monkey Trouble finds the basement first, for a yet-to-be-answered-reason (AKA: I asked for directions).
    Just him sitting in the basement looking over all the papers, while twirling his fabulously evil mustache, and saying "Sou desu ka?"
    ...while sipping a cocktail.

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    Turns out Monkey Trouble and Grisha went to medical school together. They used to be best buds, but then there was a backwash incident. Their freindship never recovered. Oh and the whole Titans thing.
    - "But the titans were an accident!"
    - "So what about the backwash then?"

    Quote Quote:
    So what if the conspiricy hadn't stifled technological development? I would guess that Hot Air Balloons alone would be damn useful.
    They sure would have been. Although I doubt it'll actually happen, it's possible that technology could have been coopted again, like with with the small guns. Central MP riding hot air balloons, anyone?

  14. #25
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The SNK "What If" Thread

    Danny Phantom's complete series was 20$, so... You know there are some real similarites between Danny Phantom and SNK. Both have protagonists who gained the power to turn into the things they fight due to their fathers experiments.

    So did Monkey Trouble have a thing for Carla? Cause that's going to be awkward in a whole different way.

    Hot Air Balloons would benifit the Garrision and Survey Corps as well. Even through World War I tethered hot air balloons were an invaluable resource for observation. The further away you see titans coming from, the better. Also depending on the wind, the Survey Corps could travel pretty good distances on a hot air balloon.

    What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #26
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Masyaf, following the Assassin's Creed
    Country
    Albania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The SNK "What If" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtIristic View Post
    What if Monkey Trouble finds the basement first, for a yet-to-be-answered-reason (AKA: I asked for directions).
    Just him sitting in the basement looking over all the papers, while twirling his fabulously evil mustache, and saying "Sou desu ka?"

    Eren and co. finds the basement emptied out, realizing everything they have done was in complete vain. Everyone heads home and open up a bar in the Inner Lands, because booze is what these people need after all the things they went through.
    Your posts make me laugh so hard XD .

    Quote Quote:
    Ok, ok. But what else kinda reason could Monkey Trouble have for visiting the Walls? Yeah, he was testing the humans, but it seemed more like he did for the lulz, since he never saw their struggle to the end. He must had been seeking something!
    He just went in to tease them, terrify them, let them be killed in horrifying ways, leave them in a state of confusion, to then disappear into thin air like he never existed. What is his motive to do that, and at that time?

    Hmm, could he really be? A monster with no name?... Ok, I'm just going crazy here.
    I have a theory for that. I believe that the Ape Titan is somehow the boss of the Reiss family, or whoever else has just as much power as them within the Walls. He is an enemy of RBA's faction, and went inside the walls to see how well they would do if they were to fight against the Warriors.
    Last edited by TheOwl; July 11, 2014 at 02:40 AM.

  17. #27
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The SNK "What If" Thread

    Man the Basement is just a fountain for these things isn't it? We could probably have a thread just for what's in it, and what will happen when they get there. Things like Jean seeing a sexy pinup poster of Carla.
    Jean- "Wow, whos the babe?"
    Eren- "Goddammit Jean, that's my dead mother!"
    Jean- "I'm sorry, I didn't know!"

    Although I hope the basement is sturdy. The house did kinda fall down, and titans would have been stomping around for the first five years. Getting there and finding the basement is already gone would kinda suck.

    What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts