Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Beelzebub 240 Discussion (Series end)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub 240 Spoiler Thread

So sad it end, there so many loose end he didn't cover. Like "Athrun" which was introduce in Volume 6 Chapter 46. He still a mysterious character that haven't even appear at all after demon world arc. Also Athrun's boss who also haven't appear yet.
    Last edited by Minato-sama; February 19, 2014 at 07:52 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it is a sad moment, Beelzebub is ending but we get a new work from Tamura starting with a Spin-Off Story.
    So i would say we see us there, cause i will follo Tamuras work. Beelzebub overall was a really funny manga but the Story had his Problems. His drawing get better and better and this last Chapter was great. Baby Beel has now the Pet Hilda always wanna get or him and Oga was walking like anyone else in the Demon World. XD

So Beelzebub ending brings us a new Baby, anyone grows only Beel and his Sister doesnt grow. Lamia is also a Demon and grow. XD
    For this maybe my last Post in this Beelzebub Section. For all it was a pleasure for me to discuss with you about the great Manga we follow. I hope some will find together when the spin Off begins and some i will see in other Section.

Thanks for Tamura-sensei to create Beelzebub and entertain me week over week where i was waiting for a new Chapter. At least someone was following.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i feel really heartbroken ,i dont want beelzebub to end

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub 240 Discussion (Series end)

Thus, the legend of child-rearing badass comes to an end. But wait, we have spinoff staring Rice boy.

I actually kinda like this chapter? It could have ended a lot worse. This is the first time I ever reach the ending of an on-going manga. I usually give up before it even end.
    Sure, last chapter ended in the most predictable and cliche way ever that cancelled anime or manga resorts to. I feel this chapter at least redeem the series a bit.

It does suck that Beelzebub had to end with one of the worse arc ever written in this series. But hopefully, the author is giving a second chance to start a new, more successful manga. But it's unlikely though.

The biggest question I have about this chapter: Why didn't Beel age? Lamia is a demon and she aged.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Evilution's Avatar
    Country
    Tunisia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akia999 View Post
    Thus, the legend of child-rearing badass comes to an end. But wait, we have spinoff staring Rice boy.

I actually kinda like this chapter? It could have ended a lot worse. This is the first time I ever reach the ending of an on-going manga. I usually give up before it even end.
    Sure, last chapter ended in the most predictable and cliche way ever that cancelled anime or manga resorts to. I feel this chapter at least redeem the series a bit.

It does suck that Beelzebub had to end with one of the worse arc ever written in this series. But hopefully, the author is giving a second chance to start a new, more successful manga. But it's unlikely though.

The biggest question I have about this chapter: Why didn't Beel age? Lamia is a demon and she aged.
    I guess you're right about that.This ending is pretty much good anyway,it's even mysterious in it's way and foreshadowing some pretty badass unseen things during those 2 years timeskip,like,maybe Mobichi arc V2.I'm pretty sure because it's the ending chapter,Tamura decided to keep Beel a baby,because screw logics this is the end anyway,so better keep everyone's favorite baby a baby!
    This ending is pretty epic if we compare it to KHR's ending lol So I agree with you saying "this could've been worse"
    What?

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ksfst's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice ending, it was a pleasure to follow Beelzebub since its first chapter, even with its ups and downs... The last chapters had everything I loved the most about Beelzebub, comedy, a quick and exciting fight, and it didn't take itself too seriously.
    I must say I even like the plot holes the author (had to?) left open, since I always thought of Beelzebub as a manga where plot wasn't that important, I was in it for the characters and the comedy, the drawing style and the action were also a plus, and I always thought it would usually get pretty damn disappointing when fights and arcs started to drag on and try to explain things a little too much.

Welp, now it's time to wait for the spin-off.
    Black Stones

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Fomano's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

i've cried. that's all.

p.s: Beelzebub was the first manga i've read from beggining to end, so i hold it very dearly

p.s: missed the six knights, the guy who had a crush on aoi and koma.
    Last edited by Fomano; February 19, 2014 at 10:49 PM.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Are there unanswered questions? Yeah, but I'm totally fine with this ending. In fact, it was pretty good for a manga like this. Better yet is the fact that a spinoff is coming, because whether or not it involves these characters I love the comedy of this manga at all times.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I already typed out my overview of the series here but I'll just say this for the forum:

(Cautiously) Looking forward to Beelzebub Darkness and I like Megane Aoi's new look.

Til next time guys!
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Me beginning this chapter: "Hmm.... Color pages + timeskip, after a rushed arc where everyone comes together... Uh-oh! Death flag! Death flag for a manga!"

Reading more....

"Yep, it's over."

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Too bad its ended....its like a part of me just died... i hope the spinoff is about En though

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was a bit late on the beelzebub train, but when i first started reading it I was hooked. Aside from like one arc in the story, i thought it was pretty much done perfectly. In fact, there has not been a series run in Jump over the 5 years since it began that I fell in love with instantly, and there has not been a manga I have picked up where I literally read 100 chapters in one sitting without doing anything else then got bummed out because i had to start waiting for weekly releases. It was one of my personal "Jump Big 3" that i waited for every week, alongside Toriko and One Piece.

I'm not sure if i just read the series much differently than most with how many disliked the ending, but I always felt like Beelzebub was meant to be strictly a gag manga. Its essentially a comment on and deconstruction of the "battle manga" genre with the reluctant high school delinquent protagonist archetype. Don't look too deeply into the plot and the manga is one of the best

Can't wait for Tamura-sensei's next work.

20. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You're totally right TheBlackLotus, that's why I've been saying for a while that the serious parts of this manga sometimes last long enough to make us forget that this is a somewhat gag manga. The Fuji fight was PURE Beelzebub, start to finish, as was the Nasu fight (and the intro to the omens). The fight with Takamiya though started to get a bit serious though until the soul thing, and then it got serious again. I can say one thing though: despite this being a gag manga there's been definite character development in both personalities and powers in a way that makes sense. I can barely point to such developments in similar mangas such as Fairy Tail, and that's a manga that basically is one perpetual trolling of serious things like death without ever going there with core characters. I'm glad where Beelzebub ended, and I'll reserve any real criticisms until we see what this spinoff is. I'm highly looking forward to it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

It is so sad.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast