Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Beelzebub 240 Discussion (Series end)

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub 240 Discussion (Series end)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    What did you win?
    I think he means he won the discussion round that happened during that time (over a year ago). Because people were always speculating whether or not Toujo had any demon powers like Kunieda.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Was it actually cancelled, or did the author just finally get tired of it and decided to start something new? It just seems odd that they would cancel a manga and simultaneously schedule a sequel. That's why I'm not bothered by it ending like this.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rampeg's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

it's just one week after beelze ended... but dayuum.... i must change my habit.... usually lurk around forum see if beelze raw / spoiler / scans is out... but now....

good bye beelzebub it's been a nice ride all this time.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    Was it actually cancelled, or did the author just finally get tired of it and decided to start something new? It just seems odd that they would cancel a manga and simultaneously schedule a sequel. That's why I'm not bothered by it ending like this.
    Personally I see it as a little bit of both. The moment the Kings Crests were introduced I had a feeling that whole arc would be Beelzebub's last. Afterwards Kunieda got her leadership of the Red Tails back, and to me that felt like a HUGE ending flag. Then we the Takamiya arc, which sort of divided fandom considerably. After that, it just felt like a rush to the finish line. So many somewhere after the Takamiya Arc, Tamura knew he had to wrap things up quicker rather than later and rushed through the Fuji arc and everyone's petrification. At least, this is why I think the mini!Furuichi arc ended so abruptly.

I think the spin-off is more of a sign of how loyal the Japanese fanbase is. Like, most of Jump's readership may have wanted it gone, but that doesn't mean Beelzebub lost its fandom completely. For some reason, maybe its because I'm using Google translator, I just see a lot less hate and criticism from the Japanese fandom. They're just happy the ending was good, and they hope the sequel/spin-off is good too. However, I don't think we should see the spin-off as a sequel. I think it would be difficult in a magazine like NEXT, which only comes out 6 times a year, to have a full serialization. I can't imagine the spin-off sustaining a long storyline. At most, it'll last a volume.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rampeg View Post
    it's just one week after beelze ended... but dayuum.... i must change my habit.... usually lurk around forum see if beelze raw / spoiler / scans is out... but now....

good bye beelzebub it's been a nice ride all this time.
    Thanks for making me cry.
    It sure is lonely without Beelzebub around...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Was a good manga, read it since it first came out. Didn't really care about plot; only reason i read it was cause the crazy wild humor in it.
    So used to just checking in to see the spoilers lol had completely forgotten it ended last week

So...now what

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    What did you win?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    I think he means he won the discussion round that happened during that time (over a year ago). Because people were always speculating whether or not Toujo had any demon powers like Kunieda.
    Yup.

I thought winning a semi-long term discussion would make me feel realized but it actually feels like eating a cold pizza.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I didn't realize it was going to a different publication. You're totally right then. This probably was a rush to the end either due to cancellation or the anticipation of cancellation, alongside the author sort of wanting it to end. I'm glad their fanbase is so positive though, I still think we came to expect too much story from it (though for good reason).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

well , I enjoyed it and I'm Ok with this type of ending . life is going forward ...

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5