Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 181 Discussion/182 Predictions

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 181 Discussion/182 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Well it makes perfect sense to create a regular who oversees Baam and who acts as a counter-measure against him in case the original plan doesn't work out.
    I doubt that. It didn't made sense on as to how he was made to fight Viole from start given Reflejo's long life & personal affliliation, but I will refrain from debating on it.

    Quote Quote:
    You'd have more trouble finding manga/manhwa where this isn't the case, TOG is hardly the only one guilty of this. Besides, Baam is one of the more intelligent characters in TOG, and his shinsoo perception abilities appear to be above normal regulars, he would have worked it out soon enough.
    I completly disagree here. Baam is one of the most stupid character ever created. He can copy techniques but if what Reflejo said about him being created to fight Baam then I doubt our stupid character would have been able to copy his powers or even identify the nature of his powers. Well, I hate this dumb trope in general ~_~ Enemy explaining their powers is dumb on author's part, and it shows author's lack of creativity...


    Noblesse Forever!

  2. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 181 Discussion/182 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    As expected of viole he is putting up a good fight even though refelgo is using hwa ryun as a shield, thus putting viole at a disadvantage.

    Also its obvious what koon is gonna do...koon is gonna pretend to attack reflego with the briefcase ,then reflego will use hwa ryun as a shield, and right when he does that instead of the briefcase hitting hwa ryun it will suck her up and go back to koon and she will be rescued!!
    There is even more easy way...just kill the hostage or pierce trough her to get the guy, Rak should be able to do it.

  3. #18
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 181 Discussion/182 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    I doubt that. It didn't made sense on as to how he was made to fight Viole from start given Reflejo's long life & personal affliliation, but I will refrain from debating on it.
    Well we've been constantly told that Baam has been expected for a very long time and that the original plan was in place for a very long time. We know that Headon was expecting Baam too, and he seems to have ties to FUG. It's not a stretch to think that a regular to oversee Baam was created during the preparation phase of that plan.


    Quote Quote:
    I completly disagree here. Baam is one of the most stupid character ever created. He can copy techniques but if what Reflejo said about him being created to fight Baam then I doubt our stupid character would have been able to copy his powers or even identify the nature of his powers. Well, I hate this dumb trope in general ~_~ Enemy explaining their powers is dumb on author's part, and it shows author's lack of creativity...
    Aside from when his judgement is clouded concerning his friends, when have we known Baam to be stupid? He was able to locate Beta using Emile when the Workshop guards couldn't. He again managed to use Emile to trick Androssi. He left his pocket with Koon so that he could be found by Wangnan and the others. He managed to surprise Love numerous times during their fight. He instantly recognised what was wrong with Yeon when she was being controlled by that slime thing back at the start of Season 2. Even before entering the tower, he was able to trick Rachel into staying with him for longer using that board game. His instincts appear to be very good, demonstrated by the steel eel fight, and again his shinsoo perception skills are abnormal. Think you're giving him less credit than he deserves.

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #19
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 181 Discussion/182 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    I think Reflejo has been created and trained to be an Anti-Baam, like his Kryptonite . He said he know everything about him too. FUG probably anticipated that he could rebel against them, no matter what they say I don't think it's possible to believe such an important person for their plan would just obey them like that, he was forced to join them after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Well it makes perfect sense to create a regular who oversees Baam and who acts as a counter-measure against him in case the original plan doesn't work out.
    You both are right and I don't deny that. My complaint wasn't about Reflejo being so much stronger and/or being planted as a backup plan in case Baam rebels. The way Reflejo talked to Baam (well, it could be also just a bad translation) implied that this fight was planned from the getgo, which in fact isn't true. He is, like you said abc1233, a counter measure. For someone who failed so miserably until now, he has actually no right to speak as everything he did worked out in his favor. It's his cocky attitude - after being such a failure - which annoys me. He is worse than the typical antagonist and I hope Team Baam beats the crap out of him.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

    • ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

  6. #20
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 181 Discussion/182 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    You both are right and I don't deny that. My complaint wasn't about Reflejo being so much stronger and/or being planted as a backup plan in case Baam rebels. The way Reflejo talked to Baam (well, it could be also just a bad translation) implied that this fight was planned from the getgo, which in fact isn't true. He is, like you said abc1233, a counter measure. For someone who failed so miserably until now, he has actually no right to speak as everything he did worked out in his favor. It's his cocky attitude - after being such a failure - which annoys me. He is worse than the typical antagonist and I hope Team Baam beats the crap out of him.
    I agree that Reflejo is starting to get a bit annoying. His original plan did fail quite spectacularly but on the other hand he managed to get Baam to return when they could have escaped, he knows that the FUG rankers are going to make their move, he knows that time is on his side and he just needs to delay them, he has the powers of a B-rank and yet despite all of these advantages he isn't arrogant enough to avoid using tactics such as using Hwa Ryun as a hostage to ensure his victory. The fact that you hate him and want Baam and co to beat him up shows that SIU has succeeded with his character, no?

  7. #21
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Here & There
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 181 Discussion/182 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by s2k03 View Post
    As expected of viole he is putting up a good fight even though refelgo is using hwa ryun as a shield, thus putting viole at a disadvantage.

    Also its obvious what koon is gonna do...koon is gonna pretend to attack reflego with the briefcase ,then reflego will use hwa ryun as a shield, and right when he does that instead of the briefcase hitting hwa ryun it will suck her up and go back to koon and she will be rescued!!
    I don't think that Koon still has that bag. SIU implied at the last examination Arc that Koon and Sunwoo Nare made a deal with his bag for her corporation. I believe that Koon will make use of the Heavenly Mirror to counter Reflejo since, it wouldn't be the first time, that he encounters someone who has two personality's (Wagnan vs Twins).

    So we finally get to see the Traveller again. I wonder how that plotline will unfold with Emile and Cassano. For some reason, I think that they'll all end up at the tournament area with Baam & Co.
    Last edited by Host Samurai; February 24, 2014 at 08:30 AM.

    Credits:Shinsatsu

  8. #22
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,704
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 181 Discussion/182 Predictions

    Pretty good chapter. Reflejo's more interesting than expected. Despite Koon's claim, Reflejo seems pretty arrogant to me, particularly considering the position he's been forced into after his failures. Curios to see what Koon's plan is.

  9. #23
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 181 Discussion/182 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    I agree that Reflejo is starting to get a bit annoying. His original plan did fail quite spectacularly but on the other hand he managed to get Baam to return when they could have escaped, he knows that the FUG rankers are going to make their move, he knows that time is on his side and he just needs to delay them, he has the powers of a B-rank and yet despite all of these advantages he isn't arrogant enough to avoid using tactics such as using Hwa Ryun as a hostage to ensure his victory.
    Overall I agree with you. But I don't count his use of Hwa Ryun in this case as using tactics. Well, it's kinda difficult to explain. Of course it's a tactical move, but it's a very cheap one. It's not a stroke of genius, nothing to praise him. In contrast to that, his move to change the Deadly Moonlit Shadows aimed at Aguero and Rak to the Lunar Shadow Beam aimed at Baam was really noteworthy.

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    The fact that you hate him and want Baam and co to beat him up shows that SIU has succeeded with his character, no?
    I disagree here completely, because an antagonist for me is not someone I have to dislike automatically. It's easy to create an antagonist which I dislike, hate or find annyoing. That's not something I see as a success on SIU's (or any other authors) behalf. What's really difficult is to make me like an antagonist. And that's something I personally value very, very high in the manga/manhwa world! Just take the early Akatsuki from Naruto, the Phantom Troupe from Hunter X Hunter or the Marines/Shichibukai from One Piece as an example. Not all, but many individuals were/are phenomenal. They could appear in every fucking panel and I would love it. In FUG's case, I wish they never appear again after this arc, even though I'm well aware that we will see more of them in the future.
    Last edited by syx; February 24, 2014 at 10:07 AM.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

    • ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

  10. #24
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    988
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Tower of God Chapter 181 Discussion/182 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    Overall I agree with you. But I don't count his use of Hwa Ryun in this case as using tactics. Well, it's kinda difficult to explain. Of course it's a tactical move, but it's a very cheap one. It's not a stroke of genius, nothing to praise him. In contrast to that, his move to change the Deadly Moonlit Shadows aimed at Aguero and Rak to the Lunar Shadow Beam aimed at Baam was really noteworthy.


    I disagree here completely, because an antagonist for me is not someone I have to dislike automatically. It's easy to create an antagonist which I dislike, hate or find annyoing. That's not something I see as a success on SIU's (or any other authors) behalf. What's really difficult is to make me like an antagonist. And that's something I personally value very, very high in the manga/manhwa world! Just take the early Akatsuki from Naruto, the Phantom Troupe from Hunter X Hunter or the Marines/Shichibukai from One Piece as an example. Not all, but many individuals were/are phenomenal. They could appear in every fucking panel and I would love it. In FUG's case, I wish they never appear again after this arc, even though I'm well aware that we will see more of them in the future.
    It is definitely cheap, but still a tactic nonetheless and one which many other antagonists would have ignored due to assurances of their victory. He identified Baam's main weakness and has been constantly exploiting it.

    That's fair enough, but to me there are a variety of ways in which an antagonist can be successful. One way is as you said, to make them likeable to the point where you enjoy whatever panel time they get, but another way for me is to make them dislikeable to the point where you look forward to the moment when the protagonist takes them out and not simply because they have outstayed their welcome like with Beta. Granted FUG as a whole has become a bit of a tiresome plot point but I don't find Reflejo to be too bad of an antagonist.

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts