Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Orihime and Chad: Quincy?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Orihime and Chad: Quincy?

Thats a possibility, in particular for orihime. Chad so far seems like a rather ordinary fullbringer considering he does not really seem to have anything else other than the fact that he has yet to reach the final form of his fullbring. In turn orihime is quite distinct from other fullbringers. Her powers are unique, alive and perhaps more importantly there she has never shown the fullbring light other fullbringers show when using their abilities. Even in chad's case kubo actually started showing the fullbring light when he used his abilities.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Starrked's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mean to be a buzz kill for the dude that started this thread but it was clearly stated that Orihime and Chad are both Fullbringers.

I don't understand how this discussion is still up and relevant.
    Grimmjow and Uryuu are the other two special war powers.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    dunno, to me the differences between what juhabach does and what fullbringers do seem are pretty significant. Juhabach puts a piece of his soul into others and that piece is supposed to grow stronger through the person it strengthens and then return. However juhabach does not actually manipulate the quincy in question, at least not in a way relevant to fullbring. In turn fullbringers do directly manipulate the souls of things. There are some vague similarities however I don't think that implies a connection between fullbring and quincy. And then there is the issue that a fullbringer should be completely incompatible with a quincy. Fullbring comes from hollow powers, in other words a quincy's soul would be at risk from a fullbringer. I would find it strange that quincy evolved directly from something which should be poison to them and cause them to erode away. In any case, a quincy should be as much an enemy to a fullbringer as he would be to a hollow.
    That's a good point, and one that I think still needs some explanation; the whole thing with Quincies lacking Hollow antibodies. I think Kubo needs to explain why this is the case; after all, Humans presumably have these antibodies, and Quincies are formed from Humans...
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    That's a good point, and one that I think still needs some explanation; the whole thing with Quincies lacking Hollow antibodies. I think Kubo needs to explain why this is the case; after all, Humans presumably have these antibodies, and Quincies are formed from Humans...
    I'm pretty sure humans don't need those antibodies when they're against Hollows. Dead guy wouldn't need immunological reaction anyways.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    I'm pretty sure humans don't need those antibodies when they're against Hollows. Dead guy wouldn't need immunological reaction anyways.
    But we've already seen that Humans can and are attacked by Hollows (if they didn't, FullBring wouldn't exist), and they don't suffer the same fate as a Quincy, meaning they must have the antibodies that prevent this. However, Quincies don't, and yet they are formed from Humans who do; in other words, for some reason, the process of becoming a Quincy destroys these antibodies...

Then again, it's a little ambiguous as to what constitutes an Hollow attack that can destroy a Quincy; after all, Uryuu got beaten up pretty bad by Ulquiorra yet his soul didn't self-destruct...
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

But we've already seen that Humans can and are attacked by Hollows (if they didn't, FullBring wouldn't exist), and they don't suffer the same fate as a Quincy, meaning they must have the antibodies that prevent this. However, Quincies don't, and yet they are formed from Humans who do; in other words, for some reason, the process of becoming a Quincy destroys these antibodies...

Then again, it's a little ambiguous as to what constitutes an Hollow attack that can destroy a Quincy; after all, Uryuu got beaten up pretty bad by Ulquiorra yet his soul didn't self-destruct...
    Quincies are known for exterminating Hollows and erasing their existence completely, it wouldn't be strange if their Quincy blood destroyed their "Hollow antibodies" the same way their arrows destroy Hollows.

Btw, all Quincies come from Juha's blood. So Juha is like super weak if hit by a Hollow, right?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the humans are purely humans when they are born. Then they are affected either by hollows or quincies reishis. If they are affected by hollows, they become fullbringers and if they become affected by quincy reishi they become quincies.

But maybe chad and orihime are different. They were affected by ichigoes reishi so they were affected by both hollow and quincy reishi. So they have both.

Im supporting chad and orihime having quncy powers becauses they have blue attacks. Im not sure about orihime but chad does have blue attacks. So im thinking he has offensive quincy powers and defensive hollow powers. And maybe its the oposite for orohime. Offensive hollow powes and defensive quincy powers. Blut vene and all. Something similar to that.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure that is how it works for fullbringers. Ginjo made the point that fullbringers are made from hollow bits attaching to their parents and staying with future children. Its not just reishi or reiatsu, its actual parts of the hollow's hearts or power which sticks and causes fullbringers. It would also be weird that humans become quincy from exposure to quincy reiatsu while in turn humans exposed to hollow bits or whatnot become something other than a hollow.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Quincy: are those category of creature/people who have a part of juha's soul in them.
    2. Fullbringer: are those people who have a part of hollow attached to them

Both are same on account that they manifest their powers from some specific source. The only point of difference is the part of soul attached to them

visit me here

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait a minute...what if the Quincy are a type of FullBring and the reason they don't have Hollow antibodies is because they ARE part Hollow (having such antibodies would work against them). Perhaps the reason why Hollows are poisonous to them is related to how Hollows devouring part of another Hollow stops the latter from evolving; i.e. other Hollows damage their soul.
    Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait a minute...what if the Quincy are a type of FullBring and the reason they don't have Hollow antibodies is because they ARE part Hollow (having such antibodies would work against them). Perhaps the reason why Hollows are poisonous to them is related to how Hollows devouring part of another Hollow stops the latter from evolving; i.e. other Hollows damage their soul.
    wouldnt that make juha a hollow?

visit me here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Juha is an enigma he could be everything just like ichigo, but with a unique ability to give humans that bit extra when it comes to passing on his magic sauce .
    Spoiler show

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

FB fights by utilizing inner Hollow reiatsu and changing properties of objects in clkose proximity, while Quincy powers are absorbing everything that's made of reishi. Their style differs a little.

I don't think Hollows are poisonous to other Hollows. They're devouring each other because they lack common sense and everything else, but it's not like their body reject Hollow reiatsu. They can be cut, attacked by Hollow attacks or by Ichigo's Cero and be pretty fine. Just to die few chapters later, but not because of some strange effect. Grimmjow tanked Ichigo's Getsuga just fine. The scar remained, but he didn't die because of it.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2