Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Straw Hat Pirate Crew vs Donquixote Family

Grenze MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece Straw Hat Pirate Crew vs Donquixote Family

Welcome to the grand thread of the SH crew vs the DD pirates. Some of the match ups have already been set, use this thread to generally follow the battles as they move on. We already know Brook bear Jora and that the SH crew will be getting a hand in dealing with the Family form the Dwarves and Toy Soldier. We also have Kinemon and let's not write Law off for a moment! This promises to be a grand battle. We have yet to see Gladius from the DD side and the SH crew lost Sanji for this one, provided he somehow comes back.

Discuss the epic battle that is about to take place in Dressrosa here.

Credits for the image to Kurroh
    Last edited by Josef K.; February 18, 2014 at 10:07 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Straw Hat Pirate Crew vs Donquixote Family

In a straight head to head battle, the strawhats would get crushed.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

In a head to head battle DD crew would win not only because they re more but cos DD is stronger than Luffy.
    The only for SH to win was to take out the lower members first cos there is a huge power gap beteween them and the 3 officers but there is a small gap between those 3 and DD

Grenze MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    Like we are having now? No battle of the SH was just the SH crew alone, provided that the odds are always against them, they do fine. No doubt the top brass of the Family would get a a battle with a SH member, well maybe not Diamante, but that tournament is still uncharted territory for me, anything can happen.

I do not think that Dwarves will be left to deal with Lao G, along with Toy Soldier, something should happen there.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to see Chopper Kung Fu point vs Lao G... that would be epic!!!!!!! Oda please give me that.. please!!!!!!!!!!

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, seeing the manga I would argue that to some degree the issue here is that the average level of the strawhats is actually higher than that of the doflamingo crew. I would argue the power tiers in the doflamingo crew go like this:

First doflamingo
    Second Diamond, pica and trebol
    Then Lao G, mr pink, deringer and perhaps machive

From that point onward there are competent fights but overall not exceptionally dangerous ones. Baby 5 and buffaly are not worth all that much. They could be trouble to the lesser members however as far as firepower the lesser strawhats have more than enough to deal with them. Vergo would perhaps stand alongside the top 3 however he was already taken out. Monet is dead and even then I don't think she would be that much of an issue. Ussop, nami, brook, kinemon have more than enough to actually deal with the fact that she is a logia IMO. Well, brook is kinda questionable but I would think the worst case scenario for him is that he can't hurt her and she can't hurt him (he would be too physically powerful for her to actually deal damage or land a hit).

As far as the strawhats go we have:

First luffy, zoro and sanji. I don't think any of them would stand a chance against doflamingo which is an issue but in turn I would think they can take doflamingo's top 3.
    Then we have brook, franky and perhaps kinemon should be counted (he is fighting alongside the strawhats during the arc and his strength is considerable). Franky is already handling at least 2 members of the third tier of the doflamingo pirates. He is perhaps not winning but he isn't loosing. Kinemon is perhaps even stronger than franky (although it is too early to tell) and brook is IMO the one that follows franky in terms of strength. Anyways, based on what we have seen it would not be weird IMO that they could actually handle lao g, deringer, pink and machive.

Sugar is a special case however it does not appear like she has strength of her own. Jora, Baby 5, buffalo, gladius... they are ultimately not strong and in this case I would argue they have to deal with nami, chopper, ussop and robbin, two of which have already shown the firepower to deal with them and perhaps the case can be made that chopper in monster point and robin are actually more dangerous than the two of them.

So the issue here is not exactly doflamingo's crew. They are competent but they still seem inferior to what you would expect from someone who has actual hopes of becoming a yonko. Well, luffy's crew is not there yet but there is the consideration that his crew is young, doflamingo's is over 10 years old. Anyways, the issue here is not exactly doflamingo's crew but rather doflamingo himself. I would not be surprised if he could fight luffy and several other strawhats at the same time. Luffy alone defeating him is unlikely if we consider how easily doflamngo dealth with sanji and then law.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    Yeah if they had to face Mingo, the three family leaders, Vergo and co at once, they would like lose and I don't see how anyone could think anything different. The huge amount of powerful and tricky Devil Fruit users is what makes the Donquixote family so dangerous.

Even someone like Sugar or Jora could take down Luffy with the right set-up.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

even minus vergo monet and violet the mingo family beats the straw hats. doflamingo is either equal or above luffy most likly above. zoro and sanji could most likely beat one executive officer with difficulty but that leaves one left. franky would have to use the shogun to stand a chance. sugar baby 5 and jora can beat all the others with back up from the other members. with vergo monet and violet they would destroy. the only way the straw hats are winning this battle is with the help of all the guys who have been turned into toys plus sabo bartolomeo law and kinnemon. i think it will be a team effort of law and luffy that will take down mingo. possibly with fujitora helping when he sees what mingo has done.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

DD family beats Strawhats? And Baroque works beats Strawhats too, right? Croc is a logia Shichi who's heaps above Luffy. Mr.1 basically auto-parries Zoro. Nami vs Miss Doublefinger would quite obviously not favor the non-fighter (up till then) Nami. The only fronts were victory could've been possible were Sanji vs Mr.2 and Chopper-Usopp tag team against the lolwut pair. Nah, didn't seem very good. So I tell you, Luffy will beat Dofla. By himself.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I don't think luffy will beat doflamingo by himself. I think luffy is going to have enough trouble as it is with his main soldiers. Sanji is not even around for that matter... I think doflmaingo will be taken out by a collective effort which will include several strawhats and law.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    To be honest I don't think luffy will beat doflamingo by himself. I think luffy is going to have enough trouble as it is with his main soldiers. Sanji is not even around for that matter... I think doflmaingo will be taken out by a collective effort which will include several strawhats and law.
    Law is out. If he's in fighting condition soon, it'd probably be because of Dofla's PIS.

Multiple strawhats would mean either that Pica is trash to Luffy and Zoro and won't be able to hinder them, or that he's dispatched (so Zoro won't have to stay and fight him), or that any other strawhat completes their task and is able to still fight Dofla afterwards. And that it actually makes a difference. To be honest, each of those options is no less impressive than angry Luffy beating Dofla himself.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member HiAndromon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it's not just the strawhats against the Donquixote Family. There's also the gladiators who were toys, the Revolutionary army members and Bartolomeo. I'll try and keep it short with characters I think might fight each other.
    Zoro vs Peeka
    Kyros vs Diamante
    Sabo(or Robin and Usopp teamup) vs Trevor
    Gladius vs Bartolomeo(only one who could probably challenge his power)
    Bellamy(might change his loyalty's if he had friends and or family that he 'forgot') vs Derringer.
    I think Luffy would fight his way through in an attempt to break the birdcage before getting into a fight with Doflamingo and I doubt Admiral Fujitora will be and immediate opponent of Zoro right now, maybe confronting Doflamingo until and keeping him busy until Luffy shows up. either way Koala and hack will need to secure Sugar or else she will be the Donquixote Family's escape plan.
    Last edited by HiAndromon; May 07, 2014 at 12:11 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess this could happen:

Dofflamingo - Luffy (because he is LUFFY)
    Pica - Zoro (Kinda already fought and I guess there will be a reround)
    Trebol - Kin'emon (Trebol's weakness is fire... and we have a foxfire!)
    Diamante - Riku (Killed his wife, bullied his daughter)
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama:
    - Kin'emon
    - Momonosuke
    - Rebecca
    - Bellamy
    - Ceaser Clown
    - Mancherie
    - Kanjuro

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spenzi View Post
    I guess this could happen:

Dofflamingo - Luffy (because he is LUFFY)
    Pica - Zoro (Kinda already fought and I guess there will be a reround)
    Trebol - Kin'emon (Trebol's weakness is fire... and we have a foxfire!)
    Diamante - Riku (Killed his wife, bullied his daughter)
    Didn't you mean Kyros? He's the one whose wife was murdered and his daughter bullied.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member HiAndromon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Could be both actually, and I can't help but think it will be end With Rebecca and Kyros vs Diamante.
    Support Armello , 24 hours to go on kickstarter. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=discovery

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast