Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nanatsu no Taizai Specials- 81.1 Side Chapter/ World of Love

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanatsu no Taizai 74 Spoiler Thread

It is weird that diane and king go all that way back... I never actually considered she could be that old... I though she might age differently considering her appearance has not changed in 16 years since the order of the sins was formed however I never expected she could be hundreds of years old. Which is weird because if she was with king it implies that even at a young age she was not with other giants... Or maybe she just went to play with king while living with the giants? Weird stuff....

I guess I can't help but wonder about the age of the sins in the end. Meliodas says the war is 3000 years old if he has been fighting it from the start then it means he is at least that old. We have a pretty good idea of what the deal with king and diane is although king could easily well older than the flashback would suggest. Ban is easy as he is a regular human who stopped aging.... He should be about 40. Gowther does not appear to be human in the least so he could have virtually any age. I guess that leaves merlin and escanor....

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

^They must have all long lifespans. And I thought I'd see them grow older while Ban would stay the same, they are all old hags in fact... Merlin and Escanor are certainly not normal.

I am waiting for the confirmation that Elizabeth is a Godess now, nobody is human in their team.
    Last edited by Demonspeed; April 14, 2014 at 05:24 AM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn't we get a regular chapter as well in addition to the gaiden?

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 AM ----------

Nakaba really knows to how make these gaidens so touching. That was sweet.

Anyhow, it also sheds some light and even more mystery on Meliodas' character. Considering that we know King left the Fairy Kingdom 700 years ago, it means that his 1000-year-long sentence wasn't fully realized and that he was imprisoned only for the past 200 years.

I thought why would Helbram work for Hendericksen, then I realized that he probably wants to unleash the Demon Clan upon humanity as revenge.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Can this thread title be changed into Ch.73.5: The Fairy King Who Never Came and a new spoiler thread be made for chapter 74?

Topic related:
    The background story is nice. So Helbram's situation is clearer now and I can somewhat understand him. How would you feel if your friends would be killed. Eventually Helbram and Harlequin are somewhat similar. They are the cause of the consequences they could not cope with.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanatsu no Taizai 73.1: The Fairy King Who Never Came (King Gaiden)

Cool, definitely a good chapter. I am still iffy about the timeline though. How long ago was king captured? Based on the elaine bit I guess helbram did leave the fairy kingdom 700 years ago. If helbram spent 500 years killing people then it means king was captured 200 years ago or so... Which does not seem to quite add up. Will king's sin as sloth be remembered by humans for 200 years? Its a bit weird IMO. On the other hand a lot of time must have passed from that moment if diane grew up, she had spent more than a few human lives as a child.

I guess diane did eventually find other giants? I can't imagine her not ever meeting anyone like her. I am kinda hoping she gets her memory back soon.

My guess is that helbram was saved from death by someone who wanted him to release the demons. With the fairy kingdom gone and his friends dead it stands to reason that releasing the giants is of no consequence to him. The demons would destroy the forest however the people he cared about were already long gone. Why did helbram think king was dead though?

Another interesting bit is the one about the forest inhabitants. It would seem like the forest was crowded with forest critters however when ban got there elaine was alone. Why? What happened to everyone? Did they also go to see the human world? Or perhaps they went back to the fairy kingdom and diane was forced to stay behind to look out for the great tree?

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Changed it to 73.1, because that's how Red Hawk Scans numbered the chapter.

Didn't expect Diane to be this old, felt a bit strange that King actually is her first friend and she still seems to cherish Meliodas so much more but wow... King removed her memories, so she doesn't know all the things he did for her That's more tragic than I thought it would be, King simply wanted to protect his friends and it ends being one big mess. Helbram, his best friend, turning mad and King "killing" him, his sister left alone for hundreds of years, never meeting her again, and leaving his love alone to atone for his "Sin"... King really sacrificed a lot
    I sure hope Diane will remember their past time together at one point.

Now I wonder how Helbram survived that, kinda doubt he can still be saved by King I'm curious why Helbram even joined the Holy Knights, knowing his hatred for humans, but I guess a war between the Demon Clan and the humans would be to his liking...

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

And I guess from the interview it should be noted that Suzuki has a general idea about the story's ending. That's good, I always thought it's easier and better to work towards a somehow, if only roughly, fixed ending, instead of just writing along and deciding somewhere along the way.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

so every time King dreams several years passed? there's a lot of numbers in there

700 Years Ago King left the Fairy Forest to help Helbram but didn't return
    For 500 Years Helbram is killing Humans?
    And For 1000 Years King was imprisoned?

so how old is Meliodias anyway? because he was there with King at the carriage

so now we know what Diane's envies people not because they have short lifespan or even small in size but she envy humans because of love
    Last edited by kidopitz27; April 14, 2014 at 08:58 AM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing the chapter again it actually hints at a lot of things.... Clearly there is more to the story on many angles. King starts loosing his memory... Why? He was found by diane in a river... And helbram made the point that he thought king was dead... why? I get the impression helbram is actually a victim here. Kinda like he was manipulated into madness... Perhaps he was even chosen over king because he is well weaker than him.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Gotta say, being a fairy sounds boring... As ban kindly pointed out to elaine. No culture of philosofy.... just eternal life with no new ideas or anything... they just kinda frolic around doing nothing. No wonder helbram left.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    so every time King dreams several years passed? there's a lot of numbers in there

I don't think he was necessarily imprisoned for that long, rather he probably did not serve his full time but he probably spent a long time nonetheless given that the Diane we see right now has matured somewhat. While we can't say how many years 1 giant year is to a human I doubt it was necessarily 1000 years of full imprisonment as Diane does seem to mature much quicker than that, I think the point regarding the years is just how heavy of a crime he "committed".

Edit: Just a off topic... I feel so old! I actually played the games they were talking about when they were released on their respective consoles, not the port overs you see in later times. I can totally relate to the references they follow XD I just have to say kudos to the translation group for actually taking time out to do this interview it is a real treat for me who like the manga author spent hundreds of hours playing the games of Sakaguchi, fond memories of my childhood. I totally have to make this shameless plug with the ending music of Chrono Trigger since the whole talk about the ending just got me to remember this.

That said I think the conversation gives away what we all suspected for some time about Hawk actually being something more than a relief or mascot character.
    Last edited by Hamy; April 14, 2014 at 11:01 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the sins are supposed to be great criminals so I would think it makes sense that king was released. Ban was literally broken out of jail via punch to the face by meliodas, it would make sense that when starting the order of holy knights king was either on the run or in prison. The chapter seems to have take place some 200 years ago and only left the fairy kingdom 700 years ago so it makes sense that for whatever reason he did not complete his sentence.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post

so how old is Meliodias anyway? because he was there with King at the carriage

so now we know what Diane's envies people not because they have short lifespan or even small in size but she envy humans because of love
    Uhh, no.

How could King have left the kingdom 700 years ago if he was imprisoned for 1000 years following that? It means he left the kingdom more than 1700 years ago, which is wrong. He left 700 years ago. It means that he didn't fully serve his 1000-year-long sentence which he got 200 years ago. Which means that Meliodas is atleast 200 years old.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Another thing, about the appearance of fairies... I found it a bit weird that helbram's adult form actually was that of the human he hated. I wonder what king's adult form takes after... His case is also weird because king turns into it even involuntarily. Its not like helbram who appears to have specifically turned into that human shape. King even seemed to have wanted to spend years in that shape. I guess there will be more to his backstoty... At least we still seem to have yet to learn of that guy.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I see a lot of talk about the time-span of the story. My two cents on the timeline:

In chapter 51, Meliodas says he'll put an end to a battle that raged on for 3000 years. He could be that old, but it's also possible that he wasn't alive for the entire duration of the "battle."

In Ban Gaiden, Elaine says she's been protecting the forest in place of her brother for 700 years.

This chapter we learn that the time from King left the forest to "killing" Helbram was 500 years.

In chapter 39, we learn that the Kingdom of Danafor was destroyed 16 years ago.

In chapter 30, we learn that forest burned down and the demon corpse was discovered 20 years ago. Chapter 34 reveals that Meliodas busted Ban out 16 years ago, or 4 years after the fire.

From all those time references, we can gather several things:

1. The events of King's gaiden spans from about 700 years ago to 200 years ago from the present time. Meeting "mister hunter" was most likely about 50-70 years before the end of the gaiden since his grandchild the merchant was one of the humans killed by Helbram. Also interesting to note is that at nowhere in the King Gaiden is Liones mentioned. Just "humans" or "human kingdom." At this time Meliodas is not a knight under Liones even though he was present at King's arrest.

2. King most likely served a little less than 200 years, probably about 180 years if we assume Meliodas gathered King and the sins around the same time Ban was also recruited; I think this is a reasonable assumption given that if any of the sins were missing, they wouldn't be known as the SEVEN deadly sins (The six deadly sins!). The Seven Deadly Sins were framed 10 years ago, so they had about 6 years to be awesome and do stuff for Liones.

edit: oh, there's a more comprehensive timeline thread. What did I do all this work for? D:
    Last edited by ferdinbeer; April 14, 2014 at 08:16 PM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a theory for the flashbacks.
    First, we had Ban's story with Elraine, King's sister. Than, we have King's story with Diane.
    So maybe every sin is connected with each other and we will have their stories in a chain.
    We will know Diane's story, where she meet another sin.

Continuing until we get the Meliodas' story, which recruited everyone.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rampeg's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanatsu no Taizai Re: Nanatsu no Taizai 73.1: The Fairy King Who Never Came (King Gaiden)

this is the best chapter ever,,,,, that diane so precious.... super duper ultra cute

literary i read about 3 times just to see diane... lol

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast