Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nanatsu no Taizai Specials- 81.1 Side Chapter/ World of Love

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanatsu no Taizai 73.1: The Fairy King Who Never Came (King Gaiden)

I am confused, was there supposed to be a chapter this week aside from the gaiden? I thought we were getting 74 but not even a raw yet.

Anyways, seeing the chapter I think I got reafirmation on something I had been thinking about. So far we have details regarding king's and ban's sin and we know a thing or two about meliodas' own sin. However seeing what we know it simply does not seem like they actually did anything wrong. King's sin of sloth is BS at best and the same goes for ban's sin of greed. Neither of them did anything wrong, they were victims. King went to save his friend and for some reason lost his memory and ended up stranded with diane. Ban did try to steal the fountain of youth but he gave up on that the microsecond he learned him getting that would actually cause harm. Not only that but he offered elaine a chance of actual happiness after centuries of being alone. King did leave the forest but he never intended to abandon it... I guess he could have returned earlier if he wanted to but still, he is plainly not in any form or context guilty of any crime. King is a victim, there is no middle ground here IMO. With ban the situation is even worst, the guy deserves a parade, his own holiday, to get the girl and everything else heroes generally get after unfathomable amounts of pure righteousness and awesomeness.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder do you guys think the Sin's might be more connected to one another than we think? I mean with this we see Diane enter the picture since prior we only had links via Elaine that brought Ban and King together more or less as a common thread. That said I wonder if the same will be seen with the other members and their gaiden chapter.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hamy View Post
    I wonder do you guys think the Sin's might be more connected to one another than we think? I mean with this we see Diane enter the picture since prior we only had links via Elaine that brought Ban and King together more or less as a common thread. That said I wonder if the same will be seen with the other members and their gaiden chapter.
    As I said before...

Quote Originally Posted by Olho07 View Post
    I have a theory for the flashbacks.
    First, we had Ban's story with Elraine, King's sister. Than, we have King's story with Diane.
    So maybe every sin is connected with each other and we will have their stories in a chain.
    We will know Diane's story, where she meet another sin.

Continuing until we get the Meliodas' story, which recruited everyone.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hold on a sec. here neither Ban's nor King's sins are actually sins. They are just extremely unlucky and victims of fate. Neither of the two wanted any of the things that happened to happen, they even tried their best to do the right thing, and took the blame and the punishment for crimes they never committed, I just feel sorry for them now. Especially Diane not remembering king, is just tearful.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro #1 View Post
    Hold on a sec. here neither Ban's nor King's sins are actually sins.
    *insert "You don't say" meme here*

That chapter hit me right in the feels though. I must admit that I didn't like King all too much before this, but he has become my second favorite right behind Ban just for this story. He's really more than meets the eye in one way and considering this kind of backstory his whole behaviour becomes not only justified, but admirable. Suzuki really knows how to pull off a good story, I gotta hand that to him.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member HiAndromon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanatsu no Taizai Specials- 73.1 The Fairy King Who Never Came

The story's of Ban, King and Diane are tied together. Who is to say the others aren't? maybe all the sins relate to each others past in on way or another, like Melodius's tattoo, the dragon eating itself which has twelve points.Not sure how, maybe each two represents how each of them are connected to another and the center being the incident that caused it....I dunno, that's a big stretch.
    Support Armello , 24 hours to go on kickstarter. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=discovery

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanatsu no Taizai Specials- 73.1 The Fairy King Who Never Came

Quote Originally Posted by HiAndromon View Post
    The story's of Ban, King and Diane are tied together. Who is to say the others aren't? maybe all the sins relate to each others past in on way or another, like Melodius's tattoo, the dragon eating itself which has twelve points.Not sure how, maybe each two represents how each of them are connected to another and the center being the incident that caused it....I dunno, that's a big stretch.
    Reading about the dragon eating itself rang a bell and I googled it. This is what I found and it was a pretty big "duh" for me lol.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros
    I am not entirely sure of its exact same meaning in regards to meliodas though. Supposedly meliodas' dragon is the dragon of wrath however the symbol seems to mean the opposite.... Maybe it hints at meliodas himself being a cyclical being. He gets born every age to continue to wage war against whoever is the big bad in the manga.

I don't think the 12 points mean anything here. In any scenario there would be 2 points missing because there are seven sins. Liz herself seems related to the deeper aspects of the plot so she would probably deserve a spot there too.

Seeing ban's story along with king's and a bit of diane's does hint at the past of the sins being connected somehow. I do wonder if them joining was coincidence or was there more to it. Not necessarily fate but someone stirring them into joining the fight. The obvious answer would be meliodas but that is also a bit lazy. It would be interesting if they were actually connected via being negatively affected by the big bad rather than meliodas just picking them. Meliodas finding them could have been triggered by how they connected to the final enemy. With ban it would be the demon, with king it could be helbram and whoever might or might not have been manipulating him into insanity, with the rest who knows...

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanatsu no Taizai Specials- 78.5 A Moment That Seemed To Last Forever

Latest special chapter is out and linked in the opening post here. I guess this simply serves to Ban's words at the end of chapter 77; with Ban wanting to resurrect Elaine. I've always enjoyed Ban's scenes with Elaine, particularly in the gaiden, his carelessness and being nonchalant makes him a nuisance almost, to the fairy princess. And that last page with her laying there and asking him to guess what she's thinking .

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the scene was cute but quite frankly I find the relationship somewhat disturbing. Elaine is a thousand year old (give or take an eternity) fairy that looks 10 who formed a deep romantic relationship with some guy who was in his 20s at least but looks like he could have fathered the fairy in question. The "relationship" mixes the best of disney's love at first sight, milfs (she is so old) and pedophilia all in one weird kawai package. And ban is fine with that.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, the scene was cute but quite frankly I find the relationship somewhat disturbing. Elaine is a thousand year old (give or take an eternity) fairy that looks 10 who formed a deep romantic relationship with some guy who was in his 20s at least but looks like he could have fathered the fairy in question. The "relationship" mixes the best of disney's love at first sight, milfs (she is so old) and pedophilia all in one weird kawai package. And ban is fine with that.
    Same sentiments for me. As cute as their relationship seems I can't help but find it at best platonic simply because Elaine looks too much like a 10 year old girl or younger than Ban just seems like a creepy pedo XD. Of course this is fantasy so it is somewhat easier to let slide but doesn't change the fact that Ban looks just so much older than Elaine it just doesn't click for me. I know there are fans of these two but that little catch by Ban in the chapter seemed less romantic to me as I saw him with his hungry tongue XD.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

We know Ban's Sacred Treasure name now: Ale Label Collection. He will surely use it soon.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hamy View Post
    Same sentiments for me. As cute as their relationship seems I can't help but find it at best platonic simply because Elaine looks too much like a 10 year old girl or younger than Ban just seems like a creepy pedo XD. Of course this is fantasy so it is somewhat easier to let slide but doesn't change the fact that Ban looks just so much older than Elaine it just doesn't click for me. I know there are fans of these two but that little catch by Ban in the chapter seemed less romantic to me as I saw him with his hungry tongue XD.
    It is not like that, she is a fairy, she can have a million years old and even so she will be small because it is how fairies are. You don't have to think too much about that, just think about their relationship this way and you will find it cute and very plausible. XD

It is the same saying that small people cannot date a tall people...
    What do you have to say about King and Diane relationship?

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    It is the same saying that small people cannot date a tall people...
    What do you have to say about King and Diane relationship?
    Yeah there is a worlds difference between simply being short and actually looking like a kid, I don't associate height to age as I live in Asia where there is a lot of height differences. That said King in his Fairy form doesn't exactly look any older than a 13-14 year old and Diane looks about in the 14-16 age bracket. Whereas Ban and Elaine... clearly have a rather big discrepancy, a man in his early twenties or late teens vs a 13-14 year old look. I already acknowledged the fantasy part but it doesn't change the fact that they clearly have an age designed around, I'm not going to ignore that a character looks like a 13 year old just because she says she is 1000 years old those are two different things. Hell if you want to get your mind blown google Xia Da XD
    Last edited by Hamy; May 29, 2014 at 09:28 AM.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't classify the characters by their looks, so if she is 1000 years old, she has the maturity to date with Ban. It's not the appearance that matters, it's what is in their minds. Also, they have an innocent relationship, I don't see any problem.

There people who are adults but y look like a child, what is the problem?

MangaHelper 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nico Brown's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol this special was funny. I guess Elaine is a bit more important to the story than I realized. It seems like to me its all but confirmed that she's coming back... who knows if she'll still be the same though and for how long. Ban is really innocent in this chapter too, I wonder how old he is when he first got his immortality.
    http://imageshack.com/a/img839/2732/ppsj.jpg

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast