Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 7.6 / 10)

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (Perfection)

2 5.56%
  • 9 (Epic)

16 44.44%
  • 8 (Very Good)

8 22.22%
  • 7 (Good)

3 8.33%
  • 6 (Bit Above Average)

2 5.56%
  • 5 (Average)

0 0%
  • 4 (Bit Below Average)

1 2.78%
  • 3 (Bad)

1 2.78%
  • 2 (Very Bad)

2 5.56%
  • 1 (Garbage)

1 2.78%
  • 0 (I'm done with Claymore)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Claymore 148 Discussion / 149 Prediction

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 148 Discussion / 149 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    he did have a nice ass, but his long hair made him look like a pretty boy. which was not good.
    To quote Lucy http://www.mangareader.net/485-29374...hapter-63.html

But isely's ability to change his arms into different weapons was bad ass!, and when he attacked Helen with his tail while he was still in human form that was pretty cool aswell
    Now that you mention it, his ability to change his hands into whatever just adds up to his sex appeal. Maybe that's why priscilla tagged along. She'd sure love to get literally mad drilled and regenerate in an instant!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

That's some nice analysis Number A.

I got a little theory while reading your post (paragraph\block 6 of Isley part 1).

Do you actually think that Isley feels responsible, not so much that he failed to prevent their awakening, but because his own personality?

Taken as a whole and in context; Claymore is as much about the story of the organisation (as much as Clare etc) and it's attempts to create a controllable awakened being.

Now, if we assume that, then even before MIB started the project they would have worked out what steps would be taken to counter specific situations (rebellions, awakenings, etc.)

If that is the case, then lets assume that the practice of using 'black cards' to choose your own 'executioner' was already in place during Isley's era.

Then perhaps the reason so many awakened and remained active (Regaldo, Duff, Chronos, etc) was because these 'warriors' were unwilling to give their black cards out, or even when they did it was to associates, who may not have been up to the task.

In other words, rather than sending\trusting the strongest to kill them right away; Claymores would summon a friend and who would either end up dead, or in most cases, awakened by their 'friend' (Chronos and Lars could have started out like that.)

Isley was cool, dispassionate, and dispite slight hints of humor, was all business.

Maybe Isley felt that his real wrong-doing had been his failure to get along better with the other single digits; thus many of the early awakenings could have been avoided or dealt with before they spread to the other male warriors (as one awakening tended to lead to another > assuming Lars was another of the single digits during Isley's era.

Other comments;

Your probably right about a loss of momentum if Prissy had managed to hide with everyone standing around, and right now Yagi has gained our attention, so you've got a point.

And Yeah sorry; The Essay mentioned in part III, I missed it first time, but have read it now.

I never considered Clare's feelings towards her own parent's deaths, and props for including the idea that Clare found it uncomfortable that Jean was trying to clear her debt to Clare, because to Clare she really didn't think it was a debt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
    Until (or should I say, unless) Yagi tells us otherwise, it could go either way. It's his story, afterall... so logic doesn't mean squat. But for argument's sake, assuming Yagi hasn't entirely given up on plot development, I'd prefer logic to... whim.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    assuming Lars was another of the single digits during Isley's era.
    I'd presume this was the case considering rifuls appearance is a sign that the males were no longer being recruited

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
    I'd presume this was the case considering rifuls appearance is a sign that the males were no longer being recruited
    Also did Miria not say "That was Chronos and Lars , last of the first generation"(or something to that effect)
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tempest Phoenix's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    assuming Lars was another of the single digits during Isley's era.
    He was number 6.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

meeeep. i'm really excited for the next chapter , but a little bit worried about Octavia and Chronos , since priscilla lost all of her humanly part / consciousness, meaning she is only left with a yoma mind , and might go rampaging *which is dangerous for both the AO's since , Priscilla really want to eat guts ,(not only that of human's i think , the more she needs the flesh of AO's since she may want to regenerate by doing so) meeeep i jsut hope that , both survived. But After Regenerating , Prscilla may go straight ahead to Rabona , since there is still humans left there (jsut in case she preferred human's against AOs XP. ) if this will happen , there will be an all out war bet. Prissy and the warriors , *while Clare and the other's approach Rabona*

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Irene's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping I will return in the next chapter and save the day. I can't handle the wait...it should be out any day now, right?
    Galarene <3

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think chronos and lars awakened when having sex...

10. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Very dissapointed in 148

Very dissapointed in 148... God Like being comes into existence, slays the strongest warriors,creatures around her with out any effort.
    Only to be stopped by a dirty, injured, peasant human.
    So... right....let me get this straight.... now this blow allows for an opening, and Priscilla gets cut into 1000 pieces...somehow survives this, but is reduced to a level where the 7 warriors will kill her off..

Really 13 years, and this is how its going to end? Has Masashi Kishimoto lost his god damn mind. The most powerful being in the whole manga, struck down by an injured,clumsy human being, whom she traveled with for years. That's what turned the tides????

Not some power from Terressas blood? Not some new technique? Not some beautifully executed group attack? Freaking Raki...

I'm so mad right now, I can't believe this chapter actually happened, I am still not sure whether I am in real life, or in some nightmare. How could the number one antagonist, who is pretty much a god on earth, be struck down by a human.

All this time I saw Priscilla and Clare dieing together, or Priscilla reverting back to human form somehow... Idk it just can't end like this, she can't be killed just like another awakened being.

thread merged with chapter discussion. ~♪ goldb
    Last edited by goldb; March 29, 2014 at 02:31 AM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Irene's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Very dissapointed in 148

Quote Originally Posted by Sw0rdm3n View Post
    Really 13 years, and this is how its going to end?
    I doubt the series will end even with the death of Priscilla. But Raki's involvement is a bit ridiculous. I've never liked him. I wish Ophelia finished him off back at the beginning of the series when she tried to feed him to an awakened being.

Quote Originally Posted by Sw0rdm3n View Post
    I am still not sure whether I am in real life, or in some nightmare.
    That's how I feel during every scene involving Raki.
    Galarene <3

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It'll be hell for you then when Claymore ends and Raki gets a full silver-eyed harem...
    When you've reached the bottom, you can always dig yourself deeper - just use a shovel.

16. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bayuga's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Raki is the shame of Claymore, Yagi's biggest failure!His existence in the Manga makes absolutely no sense. Even his name is shitty. A Harem? lol! Besides Clare, no one cares for him!

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well i say 149 was an interesting chapter. though I feel it was rather limited on whats really happening. also where are all the claymores from the city? shouldnt they be already over there to reinforce everyones battle. is that another yagi over site?

New Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10