Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bleach: Aizen and Afterwards

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach: Aizen and Afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    Yea I liked the FB arc, provided some much needed focus on plot instead of the usual powercontest :P
    Loved how Tsukishima almost defeated Byakuya, and Ginjo was an interesting twist.
    I enjoyed the fullbring arc, but I think that it would have been more enjoyable if the Soul Society side of the story had been played out too. Having no soul reapers anywhere for most of the arc was difficult The only characters we saw were Ichigo and Co plus the fullbringers. For people who really looked forward to other great soul reaper characters, it was a long time to be focused on just the humans. I am sure that Kubo could have done something to show the conflict going on in Soul Society between Urahara and TPTB there to get permission to help Ichigo. It would have been cool to see disagreements between the Gotei whom have fought alongside Ichigo and Central 46. I think it could have given the storyline more depth. Not that I didn't like the fullbringers, I just really, really missed Byakuya, Rukia, Kenpachi, Ikkaku, Yumichika, Yachiru and others, that's all. There still would have been plenty of excitement when the captains arrived, and there would have been conflict we saw that could have threatened to thwart their attendance. I would even have liked it if the captains who arrived were sort of rebelling, working with Yama to go around TPTB or something interesting like that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Fullbring was cool but the last part of it was ridiculously abrupt. Ginjo's background, his plan, his relationship with Tsukishima, all that stuff got swept aside pretty sharpish. Especially Ginjo's background. Who was his Shinigami parent? Why did he have Hollow power at all? Now that we know that Ichigo's inner Hollow was an artificial monster designed specifically by Aizen to fuse with a target... How did Ginjo get his Hollow power? And how did he get Fullbring powers in exchange for Shinigami ones?

Since he, Tsukishima and Eyepatch Man (I can't remember his name, but his ability was cool) got shown earlier in this arc, I hope some of this stuff gets answered.

Like I said, I think that arc was an example of editor tampering because ratings dropped.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    I enjoyed the fullbring arc, but I think that it would have been more enjoyable if the Soul Society side of the story had been played out too. Having no soul reapers anywhere for most of the arc was difficult The only characters we saw were Ichigo and Co plus the fullbringers. For people who really looked forward to other great soul reaper characters, it was a long time to be focused on just the humans. I am sure that Kubo could have done something to show the conflict going on in Soul Society between Urahara and TPTB there to get permission to help Ichigo. It would have been cool to see disagreements between the Gotei whom have fought alongside Ichigo and Central 46. I think it could have given the storyline more depth. Not that I didn't like the fullbringers, I just really, really missed Byakuya, Rukia, Kenpachi, Ikkaku, Yumichika, Yachiru and others, that's all. There still would have been plenty of excitement when the captains arrived, and there would have been conflict we saw that could have threatened to thwart their attendance. I would even have liked it if the captains who arrived were sort of rebelling, working with Yama to go around TPTB or something interesting like that.
    that's what I liked, how the Shinigami were nowhere to be seen. it was a needed break for me.
    they could have shown them talking without having them battle though, but I liked the buildup to their reveal.

I would even argue that it was a good thing for all of Bleach that the main characters didn't appear for a while.

Tsukishima is one of my favourite characters so...yay for the FB arc, but I can see why some wouldn't like it.

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Fullbring was cool but the last part of it was ridiculously abrupt. Ginjo's background, his plan, his relationship with Tsukishima, all that stuff got swept aside pretty sharpish. Especially Ginjo's background. Who was his Shinigami parent? Why did he have Hollow power at all? Now that we know that Ichigo's inner Hollow was an artificial monster designed specifically by Aizen to fuse with a target... How did Ginjo get his Hollow power? And how did he get Fullbring powers in exchange for Shinigami ones?

Since he, Tsukishima and Eyepatch Man (I can't remember his name, but his ability was cool) got shown earlier in this arc, I hope some of this stuff gets answered.

Like I said, I think that arc was an example of editor tampering because ratings dropped.
    Dunno about your other questions but he had hollow powers for the same reason he had Fullbring -- his mother was attacked when she was pregnant with him.

I'm also curious about Giriko, it sounded like he had an interesting ability, but he used it for becoming the hulk instead.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    that's what I liked, how the Shinigami were nowhere to be seen. it was a needed break for me.
    they could have shown them talking without having them battle though, but I liked the buildup to their reveal.

I would even argue that it was a good thing for all of Bleach that the main characters didn't appear for a while.

Tsukishima is one of my favourite characters so...yay for the FB arc, but I can see why some wouldn't like it.
    Unfortunately for Bleach, people with your point of view were in the minority, which was underscored loudly when Bleach anime was cancelled. One might argue that it was because the filler arcs were killing it and they needed time for Kubo to 'get ahead' in the storytelling, but then the fullbring arc seemed to many readers (as per the ones on several forums I frequent, where the complaints always included 'lack of characters I know/like/care about.) like another filler arc, in that it left out many characters a variety of viewers wanted to see. Bleach is built on the relationship between Ichigo and the shinigami, Rukia. Shinigamis are a critical part of what makes Bleach great. What I was saying is that it wasn't necessary to leave out everything about the shinigamis. If Kubo had included them more, the arc would not have felt so jarringly different and sometimes yawn inducing. I skimmed through the anime at the time because a lot of it just wasn't that interesting. The arc still managed to feel abnormally short compared to others too. The battles at the end seemed really rushed, although, I also loved Byakuya's battle with Tsukishima and how it forced Byakuya to 'think out of the box' to win.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

yea it definitely had its flaws. then again most arcs do. it definitely could have done more to not seem as filler-ish. I agree that the shinigami should atleast have been teased throughout the arc to keep the majority hooked.
    I do think it is important to point out that the majority are not always right though. I mean sure popularity is important, but I just think the majority doesn't always know best.

It was a bit too different for Bleach, but could probably have been a fine standalone anime.
    Last edited by Notak; March 03, 2014 at 12:59 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

The issue with FB arc was the isolated story telling which wasn't really coming from any point of the story told before. I enjoyed it to some degree, although the missing cast wasn't something I looked forward to see.
    Then again, had Bleach ended when Aizen was defeated, that would have been way too premature, not settling things down at all, so, I'm pleased that it's going on, showing us how it might develop.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post

I have a theory on this. We know Ichigo had a FullBring, which means that the same happened to him as happened to the other FullBring; i.e. his mother was attacked by a Hollow.....however, I think Ginjo didn't tell us the entire story. I think the FullBring mothers weren't attacked by your garden-variety Hollow, but all of them were actually attacked by White(s).
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member RomeCity's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

funny thing is how insignifigant any of that fullbring stuff seems now. it was like a lame side quest. could almost be looked at as non cannon.

Over 9000!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RomeCity View Post
    The whole story of Bleach should have ended after the Aizen fight saga. That fullbring and this quincy stuff is a pile of mess. Just sayin...
    This thread is a troll topic. The above comment just looks like flame-bait to me. You can't actually read the current arc and reach the conclusion that there wasn't a ton of unfinished business left to deal with after the Arrancar Arc(then again if you were actually reading in the first place you would know just from where the Arrancar Arc ended that Bleach was far from finished). There's still unfinished business now. In Kubo's interview before this arc started, he said Kubo had planned this arc from very early on, it was all leading up to this. Come on, this has to be trolling....

Also this arc is awesome. Easily second best arc in all of Bleach. This arc is everything the haters of the Arrancar Arc wanted and the Stern Ritter are everything the Espada/Vasto Lorde were hyped up to be. Come on, there's over 20 of them and they actually destroyed Soul Society. Out of most of the shounen I'm reading right now, including the Big 3, this arc is by far the most interesting to me hands down. I could mention another manga you are probably reading that is a "pile of mess" right now....but I won't because that is off topic lol.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RomeCity View Post
    funny thing is how insignifigant any of that fullbring stuff seems now. it was like a lame side quest. could almost be looked at as non cannon.
    Can't be looked at as non-canon. Ichigo getting his powers back is kind of important.....the Fullbring arc fits awkwardly into the story because Ginjou's role in Bleach's story right now is at best a mystery. But hopefully his reappearance will somehow make the Fullbring arc relevant. At least it explained Chad and Orihime's powers, and explained what was up with that comment Ishida had about the badge. Kubo really needs to explain that guy. I liked him, I was interested in what caused him to go rogue. Still waiting to find out...hey, his necklace does look like a Quincy cross. Maybe he'll fit in better with this arc.
    Last edited by exacta; March 12, 2014 at 12:33 AM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2