Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

Chinese Scan
    English Scans: 120 | 121 | 122

Spoiler: Chapter Summaries show
    Last edited by Kaoz; March 10, 2014 at 12:07 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

Sounds intense.

Is that all that happens in chapter 122?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much, yeah. There's like no dialogue as you can tell from the Chinese scan.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I... I'm not sure if I was reading PoT or One Piece or Naruto. But 6-0 part happened so quickly. Eh, wouldn't be fun otherwise, I guess. To fasten things up too, maybe. Otherwise three set matches would be really long.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I like how Tokugawa, in order to escape from the ghost's attack, uses that 2 finger stance (impossible for a human being as far as I know) that he had been practicing the night before the top 10 matches.

Also, the match so far is exactly like Atobe/Niou. The good guy ¨accidentally¨ barely wins the first set, and then gets destroyed in the second. That only makes my feeling of Tokugawa losing in the end stronger.
    Last edited by Hardy; March 01, 2014 at 10:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Oni taught Tokugawa the Black Hole, I guess he must have equivalent of 'another dimension' power too. So he must have decided playing like this is nuts and decided it's good for his health to never mess with such techniques.

It's pretty hilarious that Byodouin says Tokugawa's reckless decision to challenge him not only is going to get himself killed, but also the two guys who trusted him (Irie and Oni) killed too. I can see Irie will be like 'what did I do?' I mean at least Oni had some bad blood with him in the past.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    It's pretty hilarious that Byodouin says Tokugawa's reckless decision to challenge him not only is going to get himself killed, but also the two guys who trusted him (Irie and Oni) killed too.
    Damn. Quotes like these are the reason I can never stop loving this series.
    All we need now is another 4thWallShattering Moment where someone says "Are they really just playing tennis?" or... "Are they really just in School?"
    Although... Shots that break walls are inhuman let alone High School or Middle School but whatever.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All I can say for now is wow... just wow..

These chapters were definitely worth the month wait

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw someone pointed out elsewhere that it takes SSJ3 to have enough power to open a hole in space-time for Tokugawa's Black Hole.

I think the NPOT guys will match up favorably in a fight against most manga, provided they have their rackets around.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, probably the Saiyans learned all of their techniques and how to get to the higher levels of SSJ thanks to Tokugawa and Byodouin.

The pirate part was pretty insane, Konomi has portrayed Byodouin's true strength really well. This match has been so far the best of the G10 matches without a doubt.

If Oni told Tokugawa about the Black Hole, doesn't that mean that he can use it also to draw any power from another dimension? He probably prefers not to use it to avoid serious side effects. Should we add it to Oni's techniques?

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    The pirate part was pretty insane, Konomi has portrayed Byodouin's true strength really well. This match has been so far the best of the G10 matches without a doubt
    This. And that's saying a lot. G10 match have a fair bit of enjoyable match.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    You know, probably the Saiyans learned all of their techniques and how to get to the higher levels of SSJ thanks to Tokugawa and Byodouin.

The pirate part was pretty insane, Konomi has portrayed Byodouin's true strength really well. This match has been so far the best of the G10 matches without a doubt.

If Oni told Tokugawa about the Black Hole, doesn't that mean that he can use it also to draw any power from another dimension? He probably prefers not to use it to avoid serious side effects. Should we add it to Oni's techniques?
    Well he taught Tokugawa how to use the Black Hole so it implies he must know how to do it, unless it's like "I read on this ancient manuscript how to do it' deal.

I think Oni just wasn't hardcore enough to risk his life for tennis, despite his looks.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is similar to Tezuka back in PoT, where he was able to take Ryoma down early on, then Ryoma trained and got stronger for nationals, but then he found out that he never saw Tezuka go all out. It seems like Tokugowa is being built up in a similar way, even though Ryoma learned 10 ball tech and recently the glow shot, Tokugowa still has the divine path of the Asura, and now this black hole technique, I love it!

And am I the only one who wants to see a rematch between Oni and Byoudin????? Skeletal Pirate vs Demon!!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, seem like there's potential 5 top player now. Ryoga, Oni, Byoudonin, Tokugawa, Shuuji. Shuuji might plae a little compare to the rest, though. Because it is implied that Oni seal his aura away.

And yes, Ryoga is just assumption.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

After thinking about it for a while, I feel like we're overthinking the Oni - Tanegashima thing. Yes, Tanegashima may very well not have faced Kijin!Oni, but for Konomi to spell it out like he did, I feel that we should take it at face value and put them on the same level. Of course there's TnK!Oni who's probably a level higher, but that was a direct evolution from the Kintarou match, so obviously it wouldn't be factored in.

I'd say right now the top players are Byoudouin, TnK!Oni and maybe Ryoga. Even if Tokugawa wins the match, unless he gets another power up after Black Hole I'd put him half a step below the other two/three, simply because he probably can't use Black Hole throughout an entire 3 set match. And if Byoudouin had used Pirate from the beginning, I'd think he'd beat Kazuya despite Black Hole.

(On this note, I didn't make the Center Court subforum so that you guys would ignore it. So if you want to talk tier lists, get in there.)

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast