Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 57

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

  1. #1
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

    Chinese Scan
    English Scans: 120 | 121 | 122

    Spoiler: Chapter Summaries show
    Last edited by Kaoz; March 10, 2014 at 12:07 AM.

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #16
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,541
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    After thinking about it for a while, I feel like we're overthinking the Oni - Tanegashima thing. Yes, Tanegashima may very well not have faced Kijin!Oni, but for Konomi to spell it out like he did, I feel that we should take it at face value and put them on the same level. Of course there's TnK!Oni who's probably a level higher, but that was a direct evolution from the Kintarou match, so obviously it wouldn't be factored in.

    I'd say right now the top players are Byoudouin, TnK!Oni and maybe Ryoga. Even if Tokugawa wins the match, unless he gets another power up after Black Hole I'd put him half a step below the other two/three, simply because he probably can't use Black Hole throughout an entire 3 set match. And if Byoudouin had used Pirate from the beginning, I'd think he'd beat Kazuya despite Black Hole.

    (On this note, I didn't make the Center Court subforum so that you guys would ignore it. So if you want to talk tier lists, get in there.)
    I have convinced Kaoz. :P

    The thing is that the tier list thread is now out of sight, so I often don't even remember it's there.

  4. #17
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

    You had nothing to do with it.

    I feared that that would be a side effect of restructuring the forum, I'll see if there's a way to improve the situation. If anyone else wishes to comment on this topic though, I would ask them to do so either in the hangout thread or to send me a PM.

  5. #18
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    After thinking about it for a while, I feel like we're overthinking the Oni - Tanegashima thing. Yes, Tanegashima may very well not have faced Kijin!Oni, but for Konomi to spell it out like he did, I feel that we should take it at face value and put them on the same level. Of course there's TnK!Oni who's probably a level higher, but that was a direct evolution from the Kintarou match, so obviously it wouldn't be factored in.

    I'd say right now the top players are Byoudouin, TnK!Oni and maybe Ryoga. Even if Tokugawa wins the match, unless he gets another power up after Black Hole I'd put him half a step below the other two/three, simply because he probably can't use Black Hole throughout an entire 3 set match. And if Byoudouin had used Pirate from the beginning, I'd think he'd beat Kazuya despite Black Hole.

    (On this note, I didn't make the Center Court subforum so that you guys would ignore it. So if you want to talk tier lists, get in there.)
    I agree about Byoudin and Oni being top 2, and Oni might be able to take down Byoudin if he can use all the moves he taught Tokugowa, plus his Kijin Aura and TnK together. But based on what we know about Ryoga, he has glowing shot and 10 ball tech, I would put current Tokugowa above him just because we know that Tokugowa has both of those along with the divine path of the asura and black hole, although Ryoga might have more with him, this is just speculation based on what we know right now

  6. #19
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

    I think Tanegashima is similar to Fuji, like he's strong but he never actually plays anyone on the top tier because otherwise he'd lose very badly. Looking at his game against Sanada, if he can't even hit a ball that turns direction twice (which you'd think can be easily hit back by a guy who can do 10-ball since a 10-baller pretty much covers half of the court in one stroke) I don't see how he's supposed to play against guys who have can play 'another dimension tennis' when they go all out.

    ---------- Post added March 05, 2014 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was March 04, 2014 at 11:57 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by redhairSH View Post
    I agree about Byoudin and Oni being top 2, and Oni might be able to take down Byoudin if he can use all the moves he taught Tokugowa, plus his Kijin Aura and TnK together. But based on what we know about Ryoga, he has glowing shot and 10 ball tech, I would put current Tokugowa above him just because we know that Tokugowa has both of those along with the divine path of the asura and black hole, although Ryoga might have more with him, this is just speculation based on what we know right now
    Oni is clearly not the top 2 because he's not interested in being at the top. He seems to enjoy coaching people more than actually playing tennis until Kintaro came around. Sure, if he never lost his passion for tennis he'd easily be on the same tier as Byodouin now, but the point is that he lost interest at some point and even in POT he's not going to regain that lost time instantly.

    Oni apologized for awakening Byodouin's inner pirate, so it implies he knows about that kind of level, and he obviously no longer possesses that kind of power, otherwise he could just defeat Byodouin himself. I'm guessing his reasoning is that if he kept his power sealed then Byodouin would not be able to awaken his inner pirate because there wouldn't be anyone strong enough to push him to that level.

  7. #20
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post


    Oni is clearly not the top 2 because he's not interested in being at the top. He seems to enjoy coaching people more than actually playing tennis until Kintaro came around. Sure, if he never lost his passion for tennis he'd easily be on the same tier as Byodouin now, but the point is that he lost interest at some point and even in POT he's not going to regain that lost time instantly.

    Oni apologized for awakening Byodouin's inner pirate, so it implies he knows about that kind of level, and he obviously no longer possesses that kind of power, otherwise he could just defeat Byodouin himself. I'm guessing his reasoning is that if he kept his power sealed then Byodouin would not be able to awaken his inner pirate because there wouldn't be anyone strong enough to push him to that level.
    Oni might not be interested in being at the top, but that doesn't change the fact that he is badass. He has kijin aura, and everything that makes Tokugowa a badass, he learned from Oni, and now he also has TnK. If Tokugowa beats Byoudin, then Oni will know all the moves of the number 1, along with having Kishin aura and TnK

  8. #21
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by redhairSH View Post
    Oni might not be interested in being at the top, but that doesn't change the fact that he is badass. He has kijin aura, and everything that makes Tokugowa a badass, he learned from Oni, and now he also has TnK. If Tokugowa beats Byoudin, then Oni will know all the moves of the number 1, along with having Kishin aura and TnK
    I'm sure he can quickly regain his lost form now that he's motivated again but for the moment he's still weaker than Tokugawa/Byodouin just due to him being too laid back.

  9. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    808
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

    I swear, the top 5 of the G10 is totally screwed up when it comes to power. Konomi doesn't know who he wants to be the strongest player at the U-17. First it was Byōdōin, then it was Oni, but then Oni never beat Shuūji not once, but Shuūji also never beat Oni before, then you have Byōdōin who's strongest again, but then Tokugawa's got him on the ropes now, oh but wait Ryoga's still waiting in the wings, Ryoma's still the main character (or is it Tokugawa?), Irie is an actor who could be feigning is true strength, Kimijima could have made a deal with the U-17 coaches to hide his own strength, Tezuka is still invincible, Nanjiroh is somehow more powerful than outer-dimensional tennis, and any one of these characters could be Nioh in disguise.

    Konomi you set us up gud.

  10. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    I swear, the top 5 of the G10 is totally screwed up when it comes to power. Konomi doesn't know who he wants to be the strongest player at the U-17. First it was Byōdōin, then it was Oni, but then Oni never beat Shuūji not once, but Shuūji also never beat Oni before, then you have Byōdōin who's strongest again, but then Tokugawa's got him on the ropes now, oh but wait Ryoga's still waiting in the wings, Ryoma's still the main character (or is it Tokugawa?), Irie is an actor who could be feigning is true strength, Kimijima could have made a deal with the U-17 coaches to hide his own strength, Tezuka is still invincible, Nanjiroh is somehow more powerful than outer-dimensional tennis, and any one of these characters could be Nioh in disguise.

    Konomi you set us up gud.
    It's really no different from how back in the Nationals only Kawamura could play Gin. Do you really think Tezuka or Fuji would've lost to Gin? But when they announced the lineup they said Kawamura is the only person with the strength to play Gin. There's a lot of classification of players who never play each other so that everyone can be 'invinicible' without actually beating anyone noteworthy. In doubles, Synchro is supposed to be some kind of godlike abilty which makes the Golden Pair totally uber, even though their base stats suck, and now apparently in the U17 they don't have anyone in the top 10 that can do Synchro for doubles, so it's obviously that not incredible either, but I'm sure we'll still hear about Golden Pair being awesome because they can Synchro. Just based on what Synchro was hyped up as, we should expect Golden Pair to defeat Tanegashima + Ohmagari quite easily, but there's a reason why they never played each other, because playing the #2/#6 of U17 is out of the league of the Golden Pair.

  11. #24
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

    It's mainly about revealing certain information at specific times. Like, of course he could've said Tanegashima = Oni before Oni's match, but what would've been the point of that? All it does is shift focus away from Oni which is counter productive when he is the one playing.

  12. #25
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

    Oni wanted to be the strongest and he was in his first year of high school. When he defeated Byodoin, he was basically hailed as the strongest in that year. He wanted to be No. 1 because of all the children of orphanage wanted him to be and so he did for them. But now he kind of lost interest but still keeps in contact with the orphanage.

    I do agree that Oni would make a better coach than a U-17 participant. Tokugawa is basically his evidence. But he does give good (vague) advice to the middle schoolers.

    With Tanegashima = Oni. I disagree. Demon Oni vs Halt Destruction Nothingness? Demon would probably win. From what we know of Tanegashima, that's all he's got. Pretty sure he can't nullify PoP.

  13. #26
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

    Pirate is based on, or even the same as Kijin and it seems to draw the opponent into a mental battle for the most part. Tanegashima has massive mental strength though, and I'm willing to guess that his base stats are higher than Oni's overall. So I wouldn't be surprised if he could stand up against it? It's not really clear cut either way.

    EDIT: Or maybe, if we want to speculate about Oni and Tanegashima, it could be that AnS!Oni = Tanegashima I guess. [END EDIT]

    Also on the subject of Ryoga, I'm half expecting Ryoma to just come back with the No. 4 badge after Byoudouin vs Tokugawa ends without us actually seeing the match at this point.
    Last edited by Kaoz; March 05, 2014 at 03:37 AM.

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #27
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Pirate is based on, or even the same as Kijin and it seems to draw the opponent into a mental battle for the most part. Tanegashima has massive mental strength though, and I'm willing to guess that his base stats are higher than Oni's overall. So I wouldn't be surprised if he could stand up against it? It's not really clear cut either way.

    EDIT: Or maybe, if we want to speculate about Oni and Tanegashima, it could be that AnS!Oni = Tanegashima I guess. [END EDIT]

    Also on the subject of Ryoga, I'm half expecting Ryoma to just come back with the No. 4 badge after Byoudouin vs Tokugawa ends without us actually seeing the match at this point.
    Well, Tanegashima's stats are measureable while Oni's aren't. That tells us something right there. The coaches can't measure guys whose true strength is out of this world. That's what basically is. The same with Byodouin. Byodouin's pirate is something that Tanegashima can't probably overcome, because I think the pirate ship and all the battle on it was only Konomi's artistic representation and it was just Byodouin completely owning his opponent. He just represented it that way. It's not clear that you need like a 7 in mental strength to overcome it. If you don't have any technique from another dimension that can counter or stand up to pirate, then it's game over (Irie has also massive mental strength, I'd say probably equal to Tanegashima, but Byodouin would pwn him as he hasn't shown anything that can stand up to another dimension power).

    About Ryoma, I expect that Konomi shows at least a bit of the match, but what you said can also be a possibility. Byodouin vs Tokugawa ends and then Ryoma comes with the No.4 badge, leaving everyone speechless (he either defeated Ryoga which isn't unlikely because they talked about playing a real match or Ryoga just forfeits after seeing how much Ryoma improved and then leaves to another country and they face each other in the future).

    Another scenario that would be great is that Byodouin vs Tokugawa ends, then everyone sees a big dustcloud in another court and it turns out Ryoma and Ryoga are playing in an intense battle like Byodouin and Tokugawa, and someone says: "Even this first year brat can play at that level?!". And Ryoma gains something like Kijin (maybe a Samurai)

  16. #28
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

    Its kind of anti-climatic for Ryoma to return to the main courts with the No. 4 badge. I'm sure Konomi would give us something about the Ryoma vs Ryoga match. Unless Konomi really wants to troll us and give us the end result rather than an intense match.

  17. #29
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

    I don't think anyone besides Oni can even see the pirate amongst the spectators let alone have any way to deal with it.

  18. #30
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    808
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I don't think anyone besides Oni can even see the pirate amongst the spectators let alone have any way to deal with it.
    Everyone 'saw' Oni's Kishin though. I'm sure everyone can see the Pirate. It's really not a big deal.

  19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts