Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

Chinese Scan
    English Scans: 120 | 121 | 122

Spoiler: Chapter Summaries show
    Last edited by Kaoz; March 10, 2014 at 12:07 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

If Byoudouin does the latter it'll be some kinda of Rocky 1 crap, were Tokugawa seems like the better one but doesn't win. I don't want nor expect that.

I think Byoudouin is still hiding something. He didn't really show a lot of moves, considering he learnt a lot from his travels and the interdimensional thingy... we'll see.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

If Byodoin gets an upgrade, I'd assume Tokugawa would get another one too. I don't think Konomi would troll us with making the rematch a huge deal then make Tokugawa lose. It wouldn't make any sense and it would make Tokugawa break his promise to Oni and Irie.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    So how does everyone expect Byoudouin to combat Black Hole? Do you think he'll end up getting another inter dimensional power, or do you expect him to keep the ball in play long enough to tire Tokugawa out and make him pass the 30 minute time limit?
    I expect the 30 minutes time limit to pass, and Togukawa find some way to win after that.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    I don't think Konomi would troll us with making the rematch a huge deal then make Tokugawa lose. It wouldn't make any sense and it would make Tokugawa break his promise to Oni and Irie.
    I dunno, I remember that similar things were said when Kintarou challenged Oni again, and he ended up losing the match. As we've learned this month, Tokugawa is the only one who wasn't beaten into submission by Byoudouin since Byoudouin's loss to Oni, but back then it was because Oni and Irie helped him. If he managed to do the same by himself this time, that would probably also be a huge deal already though.

He could still fulfill the promise at a later time (or it could go unfulfilled, people have lost before despite promises after all, e.g. Rikkai).

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 120, 121 and 122 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I dunno, I remember that similar things were said when Kintarou challenged Oni again, and he ended up losing the match. As we've learned this month, Tokugawa is the only one who wasn't beaten into submission by Byoudouin since Byoudouin's loss to Oni, but back then it was because Oni and Irie helped him. If he managed to do the same by himself this time, that would probably also be a huge deal already though.

He could still fulfill the promise at a later time (or it could go unfulfilled, people have lost before despite promises after all, e.g. Rikkai).
    Agreed.
    Konomi does a good job in not making final results look too formulaic.
    Although he already made this match a semi-copy of Ochi/Mouri VS Atobe/Niou with the 7-6 with both sides bringing out fantastic moves then one side eating a complete 6-0 Shutdown in the 2nd set.

I mean in the sense that, we've seen people with fantastic dying wills still simply lose anyway.
    Rikkai couldn't bring Yukimura the Regionals trophy without him.
    Yukimura was able to overcome the injuy (Almost) with death just looming over him but couldn't win the Nationals.
    Kirihara couldn't beat the Big3 despite devoting his life to it and got slapped by Yanagi.

Then in terms of revenge or having 2ndmatches, Kintaro got thumped by Oni for the most part, Yamato lost to Tezuka.

Going for Tokugawa however, is how a similar situation where Tezuka crushed Sanada when they were younger, then Sanada eventually defeats Tezuka in the rematch.
    Basically, its still really open.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing Byodouin will just pull out a gun on his ship and shoot Tokugawa and says pirates use more than just swords. Bonus points if he did that in real life too.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Going for Tokugawa however, is how a similar situation where Tezuka crushed Sanada when they were younger, then Sanada eventually defeats Tezuka in the rematch.
    Basically, its still really open.
    Agreed. Or something like Ryoma vs Sanada/Tezuka. If anything, Tokugawa is basically the main HS character and would be made similar to that of Ryoma's character. I would like to see a technique that is unique to Tokugawa. Not just Rainbow Serve since that is anime only but a manga move that will even surprise Byodoin.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    Agreed. Or something like Ryoma vs Sanada/Tezuka. If anything, Tokugawa is basically the main HS character and would be made similar to that of Ryoma's character. I would like to see a technique that is unique to Tokugawa. Not just Rainbow Serve since that is anime only but a manga move that will even surprise Byodoin.
    I see.
    You don't think Black Hole is unique? Or rather, it will soon stun Byoudouin?
    Personally, Black Hole is potentially my most favourite move ever. And I don't even like Tokugawa.
    (I need to see it in anime form so I can envision the move properly so that when I play tennis IRL I can be silly and hit the move like Tokugawa)

But if anyone checks the old threads, the concept of Black hole is something I described as a move I wanted Yukimura to have.
    where the ball stops in front of the user, the user pauses for a second, and then makes his finishing shot.
    Its truly amazing.

Like, this match is so open now lol.
    However, I kind of expected Byoudouin to fall at Ryoma's feet, after the way he served for Ryoma that time at night, when he hadn't even met Ryoma before.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

when he hadn't even met Ryoma before.
    IIRC, didn't he tell Ryoma to stfu when Echizen challenged him the day the 1st string arrived?

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Went back and checked, he told Atobe and Ryoma to stfu, yup.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    IIRC, didn't he tell Ryoma to stfu when Echizen challenged him the day the 1st string arrived?

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Went back and checked, he told Atobe and Ryoma to stfu, yup.
    Ah thanks.
    But, the part where he serves a shot at Ryoma's head and says "Die", is a bit much just because Ryoma challenged him.
    They hadn't really known each other much, so I expect it that Ryoma's gonna return the favour with a shot to the face.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the top 10 saw videos of Ryoma playing, he very likely knew who the number 1 middleschooler of the nation was and wanted to beat the crap out of him for being cocky, lol.

They hadn't really known each other much, so I expect it that Ryoma's gonna return the favour with a shot to the face.
    I expect this though.

Someone being really strong and literally the number one, and Ryoma not wanting to challenge him? no way.

It really depends on the outcome of this match. I still believe Tokugawa will lose.
    Last edited by Hardy; March 15, 2014 at 06:36 PM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Airgrimes: from what the manga shows, Oni and Irie taught Black Hole to Tokugawa. If anything, Rainbow Serve (anime only) is the only technique he mastered himself (not taught by anyone).

@ Hardy: Just because Ryoma is the central character doesn't mean he needs to win every single official match, even though he has. That's something I'm getting tired of.

I personally think that Byodoin sees Tokugawa in Ryoma and that's why he aimed at both of them the night before the G10 challenge. Even though Byodoin is No. 1, Ryoma wants a real match with Ryoga more so he won't get back at Byodoin for awhile. If anyone can get back at Byodoin, it should be Tokugawa. No favouritism, but because of the brutal torture Byodoin put Tokugawa through last year.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4