Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: The Connection of Races in Bleach

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach The Connection of Races in Bleach

I've spent some time trying to figure out the anomaly that Ichigo and how he can have all these different aspects to him. So went down the line trying to figure out the differences and yet connections between Humans, Souls, Shinigami, Hollows, Fullbringers and Quncies.
    It's quite a headache to be sure. But stuck in my head till i could try to figure it out and type it up.
    It's starts from the basics of the different dimensions of Soul society the mortal world, hueco mundo and little known of Hell. And what impact these areas have on souls.
    Souls born in the mortal world have physical bodies that contain the soul and can impacted by foreign rieshi placed within them. When a soul is seperated from the body and the chain of fate is severed. It devours itself because the soul can't control it's own reishi within the soul sleep.
    In short the soul sleep is the source of the reishi and the chain is the regulator of the energy from what i can gather. A soul wandering the human world can't control the energy so it becomes self destructive and acts on instinct consuming itself. As is the hollow's main instinct.

When this occurs the soul will reconstruct itself to adapt to the make up of hueco mundo.
    A soul that goes to soul society however is able to adapt to the enviorment there.
    It is interesting to note however that souls by themselves are unable to travel to soul society and instead instinctively go to hueco mundo. Which seems to represent purgatory. So hollow is the natural progression for a soul in the mortal realm.
    Soul society seems to pacify souls preventing this errosion. they meanwhile promotes the control of one's own reishi utilizing the soul sleep and chain. Control of one's own reishi by mind seems to be the key difference that creates the shinigami.

The quincy meanwhile are called the opposite to shinigami. When one would think it is the hollow.
    Meaning the hollow is the middle ground.

So as i see it. Quincy can only be opposite to shinigami if they are created from hell.
    Since Yhwach is the source of all quincy but we know nothing of his birth,
    I surmise he must have been born of hell.
    We also know that for some reason. The reishi of hollows is poisonous to quincy. Yet when a quincy dies. The quincy part of them returns to Yhwach. So quincy or hell qualities never carry over into soul society or stay with a normal soul.
    Meanwhile hollow powers can be intergrated with shinigami and vice versa.
    Meaning that the quincy hell line is somehow completely opposite to both.
    Yet one would think that shinigami powers being the heavenly sort would be the poisonous one to quincy and not the middle ground hollows.

So what this comes to in terms of humans is. shinigami are humans with reishi of the heavenly dimension.
    fullbringers: the humans with purgatory based reishi.
    quincy: The humans with hell based reishi.
    Ichigo and Koga seem to be the only examples of humans with shinigami powers.
    Namely that the human body can survive while the soul leaves. Thereby allowing other outside reishi like those of quincy and hollow to balance within the spiritual body while allowing the physical body to manifest the other aspects.
    As such because ichigo is a human with born infused shinigami abilties. This somehow allows his quincy abilities to stay with his soul outside of his body.

White, the experimental hollow of Aizen's was a hollow bred from shinigami souls. But since it had soul infusion capabilty. it likely was altered with an artificial soul. Which given how reishi is in soul society is the broken particles of human souls that reached the limit of reincarnation are mashed together till one fraction of those souls becomes the head. Basicly the exact same thing that hollows instinctively do when they evolve.
    Thus the blank souls like the asauchi. White as such infused itself into Masaki the quincy but was stabalized and unable to grow as ishin blocked it.
    The hollow within her thusly manifested within Ichigo at birth but was stable since Ishiin was already a shinigami/human hybrid himself.
    So white manifests by it's asauchi nature and becomes Ichigo's zanpakuto buried in Ichigo's soul.

The quincy side manifesting in tandem. So when Rukia stabbed him and forcibly infused shinigami reishi into him. it caused a chain reaction allowing his hollow to manifest as his zanpakuto.

But when he lost Rukia's power and Urahara foribly let his inner hollow out. His quincy powers took over the manifested blank asauchi the hollow created and became his zanpakuto instead of his normal quincy powers. So old man zangetsu is in affect a quincy soul in a gigai. Which is what asauchi basicly are.

Just blanks shinigami incorporate their reishi on to that manifest and in effect are the true shinigami.

Which leads me to think Ichigo doesn't even have a true zanpakuto since both are manifested from two foreign reishi in his body and not born of his own soul.

So yeah really long ramble that goes all over the place as this was just a wall to bounce my own ideas off of as i type.

Hopefully someone likes it so enjoy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Connection of Races in Bleach

I have my own theories as to the connection between these races too. It's hard to say how they're connected without more information, but we know several facts;
    • There are essentially 4 primary races; Humans, Hollows, Quincies and Shinigami. Other races are essentially a mixture of these races (e.g. a FullBring is a Human/Hollow hybrid).
    • Humans and Hollows are polar opposites, as are Quincies and Shinigami.
    • Other types of race are possible, although they need to be created by restructuring the soul of an existing race (as far as we know); Aizen is such a being. There are also the beings in Hell, but these seem to simply be altered versions of existing races.

Now, I've come up with several theories before regarding the connections between the races; after we've found these connections, we'll know the origins of the 2 "special" races, the Quincies and Shinigami. However, one theory that I think may fit pretty well; Humans and Quincies are living beings, whereas Hollows and Shinigami are dead, thus making them opposites. Now we have another connection; the Quincies are some type of evolution or freak of nature derived from Humans. Therefore, I believe Shinigami may possibly be the same, but derived from Hollows. There are several tidbits that support this theory;
    • Both Shinigami and Hollows use powers from within.
    • When a Hollow/Shinigami hybrid is made (such as Tousen), their Resurreccion is a sort of alternative to their Shikai/Bankai that revolves around the same "theme".
    • Hollows that have their masks broken gain Shinigami-like powers.
    The last point is particularly interesting, and this leads me to believe that a Shinigami may actually be the next step to an Arrancar's evolution, where the mask is completely broken and the Hollow hole disappears.
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    [*]Both Shinigami and Hollows use powers from within.[*]When a Hollow/Shinigami hybrid is made (such as Tousen), their Resurreccion is a sort of alternative to their Shikai/Bankai that revolves around the same "theme".[*]Hollows that have their masks broken gain Shinigami-like powers.[/LIST]The last point is particularly interesting, and this leads me to believe that a Shinigami may actually be the next step to an Arrancar's evolution, where the mask is completely broken and the Hollow hole disappears.
    That'd mean after being godly Arrancar with almost all of their mask gone they'd become mere Shinigamis. Shinigami'd be daaaaamn strong. What about Cero? They lose it, but get Kido, that's much smaller and weaker?
    Last edited by Duniak; March 04, 2014 at 11:51 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tiranofrome's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    That'd mean after being godly Arrancar with almost all of their mask gone they'd become mere Shinigamis. Shinigami'd be daaaaamn strong. What about Cero? They lose it, but get Kido, that's much smaller and weaker?
    That statement would be true only if they lose the powers they had so far , but nothing in bleach up to this momement suggests that evolution does that, so it would be far more fair to say Stark evolving into Aizen (power levels wise only) , rather than Rukia (:P).

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tiranofrome View Post
    That statement would be true only if they lose the powers they had so far , but nothing in bleach up to this momement suggests that evolution does that, so it would be far more fair to say Stark evolving into Aizen (power levels wise only) , rather than Rukia (:P).
    Yeah, find me an ARRANCAR, that has his own ZANPAKUTO, that "evolves" into powerless Shinigami, who doesn't have a Zanpakuto and needs an Asauchi. To get such a powerless Shinigami you need a weak Hollow, that can't possibly be an Arrancar, as some of those Shinigamis are weaker than normal Hollows in Human World.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    I have my own theories as to the connection between these races too. It's hard to say how they're connected without more information, but we know several facts;
    • There are essentially 4 primary races; Humans, Hollows, Quincies and Shinigami. Other races are essentially a mixture of these races (e.g. a FullBring is a Human/Hollow hybrid).
    • Humans and Hollows are polar opposites, as are Quincies and Shinigami.
    • Other types of race are possible, although they need to be created by restructuring the soul of an existing race (as far as we know); Aizen is such a being. There are also the beings in Hell, but these seem to simply be altered versions of existing races.

Now, I've come up with several theories before regarding the connections between the races; after we've found these connections, we'll know the origins of the 2 "special" races, the Quincies and Shinigami. However, one theory that I think may fit pretty well; Humans and Quincies are living beings, whereas Hollows and Shinigami are dead, thus making them opposites. Now we have another connection; the Quincies are some type of evolution or freak of nature derived from Humans. Therefore, I believe Shinigami may possibly be the same, but derived from Hollows. There are several tidbits that support this theory;
    • Both Shinigami and Hollows use powers from within.
    • When a Hollow/Shinigami hybrid is made (such as Tousen), their Resurreccion is a sort of alternative to their Shikai/Bankai that revolves around the same "theme".
    • Hollows that have their masks broken gain Shinigami-like powers.
    The last point is particularly interesting, and this leads me to believe that a Shinigami may actually be the next step to an Arrancar's evolution, where the mask is completely broken and the Hollow hole disappears.
    I don't think shinigami makes sense as part of the arrancar evolution. It does not really add up at all, it would actually rid an arrancar of a portion of its power. As far as shinigami/hollow hybrids go they necessarily have to remain as such regardless of what form they take. How about this then:
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...7-page-10.html
    A mask becomes the appearance and abilities of a hollow. A hollow's mask is broken... however given what grimmjow tells us, where does the remaining mask go? The mask becomes arrancar zampakuto. However in no scenario does it make sense for an arrancar to become a shinigami. Now, if the broken pieces of mask become zampakuto... what happens when a mask fully disappears? It has yet to happen but the only thing that I can come up with currently is something like ichigo. Ichigo is every bit of a hollow as he used to be and yet he does not even wear a mask now. So hypothetically a hollow fully removing his mask should actually make them something resembling ichigo, someone whose zampakuto holds every bit of hollow within them. of course that would not make the user less of a hybrid. Perhaps this last step actually requires an asauchi and what we normally see is kinda similar to whatever ichigo used to have before nimaiya. Now, it is also worth noting that arrancar and tousen do have things in common when transforming. An arrancar's base form has a broken mask which means it is a hollow that has acquired shinigami powers. Tousen puts on a mask which means he is a shinigami that got hollow powers. In other words before resurreccion the user actually needs to be in a state in which he is fully a hollow/shinigami.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, here's a better theory; what if Shinigami are actually a Quincy's equivalent to a Human's eventual transformation into a Hollow? Simply put, a Quincy-based Plus doesn't transform into a Hollow as it possesses Hollow antibodies, which causes it to transform into a Shinigami (which, as mentioned above, shares several traits with Hollows) instead.
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I have wondered about that for a while... Although I have my doubts about there being a quincy based plus. If human souls can actually transform into quincy then I would think all humans actually have the capacity to transform into the other 3 types of souls. We have actually seen souls transforming into hollows. It has been implied that shinigami were at some point living humans. The question is whether quincy is an available transformation for humans at some point. Seeing hollows it would seem like there is a specific set of steps that actually lead to the transformation. So what are the steps that lead to a human soul turning into a shinigami or quincy? Perhaps the academy takes spiritually aware humans and take a role in making them into shinigami? Or perhaps they are shinigami to begin with....

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I have wondered about that for a while... Although I have my doubts about there being a quincy based plus. If human souls can actually transform into quincy then I would think all humans actually have the capacity to transform into the other 3 types of souls. We have actually seen souls transforming into hollows. It has been implied that shinigami were at some point living humans. The question is whether quincy is an available transformation for humans at some point. Seeing hollows it would seem like there is a specific set of steps that actually lead to the transformation. So what are the steps that lead to a human soul turning into a shinigami or quincy? Perhaps the academy takes spiritually aware humans and take a role in making them into shinigami? Or perhaps they are shinigami to begin with....
    My best guess is that Hollowfication unlocks the spiritual powers unique to an individual, but on the downside turns them into...well...a Hollow. However, as I believe was mentioned in the opening post, the Quincy Plus' antibodies allow the spiritual powers to be unlocked, but without full-blown Hollowfication occurring; in other words, they still undergo Hollowfication, but without the negative side-effects of become a mindless instinct-driven monstrosity! The result, instead, is a normal-looking Plus with unlocked spiritual powers...aka a Shinigami...

Of course, apart from increased strength and agility, a Shinigami wouldn't have access to their unique set of powers that would have defined the Hollow's form and abilities; this is where a Shinigami's Zanpakutou comes into play, manifesting those inner powers into the outside world in the form of Shikai and Bankai. For example (assuming this theory is correct), if Tousen didn't become a Quincy before he died as a Human, he would have transformed into a Hollow that would look and have abilities very similar to his Resurreccion that we saw during the Arrancar arc. However, instead of undergoing a full-blown transformation into a Hollow, his powers were unlocked, he became a Shinigami, gained a Zanpakutou, and manifested those same powers that would have made up his Hollow form as a Shikai and Bankai.
    Predictions

New Reply