Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: Gourmet eclipse is coming in ?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Gourmet eclipse is coming in ?

They said that G-eclipse will be in 6 months or so, and now after 1,5 years they havent mention it. If "God" is going to be main dish for Toriko, then he should put it in his full course last. So far he is half done so we should expect 250+ chapters untill it finishes, so at least 100 more chapters of some other arc. I think that astronomer "Rala" didnt put 3 fingers just for show, that in 1.5 years God will appear.(Altough Yosaku says that the revival of Earth will be done in 1 month, but he could mean the method to revive it)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member aboe's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gourmet eclipse is coming in ?

3 year seems possible but i dont toriko to end after 250 chapters.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hah, that's a really good observation about those fingers lol I'm not sure how 3 fingers represents 6 months. But I don't think measuring the pace of Toriko's full course completion is a good gauge for how long this will take to end. Toriko is the type of manga that could have a One Piece type of longevity due to how infinite the world seems not only in scope but in variety of environments and wild enemies. Literally the sky is the limit. He could obtain all of this ingredients in 100 chapters remaining, and still another 200+ for God itself considering how important it is.

And also, Rala was clearly wrong about the time of he eclipse, and I think that may have something to do with them not understanding the nature of what the eclipse is. It's easy to predict an astrological event through simple tactics, but what if the event is not naturally occurring and is based on the actions of some outside force that cannot be predicted. I think it's coming based regardless of anything that any character in this manga can do, and don't believe that someone like Joa can "activate" it somehow, but I think talk of a demon king eating the sun wasn't just a fairy tail so we may not really have a good way of predicting when this will happen. I do think it'll happen after Toriko gets the rest of his full course besides God, but we'll see.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Joa said that Ichiryuu fooled them, so he could have told Rala to say that its in 6 months. For that demon god, it could be some crazy strong monster that protects god that is stronger than the 8 kings(that could be reason why author told us about sensitivity of 8 kings and how they aren't cowards but survivors), and posibly that is reason why Accacia went with lot of blue nitros.

I think that there will be one more arc after this one, so it wont finish at God ingridient. Also, if Toriko wants to have greatest full course ever, than he has to have these last 3 ingiridients better than Accacias, which means he needs ingridients from Farland.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's a really interesting issue. The thing is that the actual term of Gourmet Eclipse wasn't clearly specified. It was only stated that it would be at the earliest in half a year from the time the meeting in 0th Biotope was held. So it might have happened in half a year or in five years and Rala would still be right.
    And looking at Toriko and other Heavenly Kings I doubt that the Eclipse would happen soon. Especially since they need to explore Gourmet World to some degree. I believe several Arcs will take place in Gourmet World in order to find all the ingridients from Acacia's Full Course and only then we would get close to GE and GOD.
    And even then I doubt the manga would end, since we also need to see the Farlands. So there are still tons of things to explore. I believe Toriko is at best at his half.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont think so because there's no way that we can see another 300-400 chapter with Gourmet eclipse. We will probably see something similar to Gourmet eclipse before real one happens.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We also can't be so sure that the beginning of the eclipse marks a finale of sorts, because the eclipse seems to be a natural disaster that may exceed the ravages of meteor spice in terms of the effects on ingredients for some reason. We also don't know the duration of the eclipse, so there could be an entire arc that simply takes place during the eclipse. The Toriko universe is obviously known for extremely exaggerated events and acts of nature (not in a bad way) so a weeks or months long eclipse are not impossibilities.
    Last edited by obamamania; March 18, 2014 at 04:53 PM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I think maybe Rala he's lies because Kosairo with here too (Ichiryuu know he spy) . and Kosairo he tell Ichiryuu fed us false information too.
    I easy thinking -*-

New Reply