Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Yhwach and Ginjo's abilities to take and give powers

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Yhwach and Ginjo's abilities to take and give powers

    This is a bit of a crackpot theory but hey, why not.

    Yhwach and Ginjo are the only known individuals that can give and take powers away as they see fit, Ginjo is more limited but still.
    Shinigami can do this, but only through unnatural means such as Urahara's inventions. It's not an instinct for them, not in their nature.
    Ginjo and Yhwach can more easily steal/give powers, with no need for complicated tools other than blood or the weapon they always use (Ginjo's sword).

    And what is Ginjo? A Fullbringer hybrid. So could Yhwach be one too -- could Fullbring grant these kind of abilities when combined with other races?

    Yhwach is the only Quincy that has displayed this strange ability, he is an anomaly. So, what if he was attacked by a Hollow when he was in his mother's belly?
    What if he became a Fullbring-Quincy hybrid?
    Normally this would kill the Quincy soul due to the hollow's reiatsu, but what if Yhwach was a very rare successful adaptation of such reiatsu?

    My theory is that Yhwach is a true Fullbring/Quincy hybrid, and that the rest of the Quincies are not Fullbring hybrids, just plain old pure/mixedblood Quincy.
    Because you can only become a FBer if your mom was attacked by a hollow, Yhwach couldn't have passed it on through his genes alone.
    So Yhwach is the only Quincy to have survived the Fullbring process, is what my theory is.

    The Fullbringers have crazy abilities like these and it could explain why Yhwach is extremely unique. Fullbring is also similar to Quincy powers -- it manipulates reishi objects similarly.

    Fullbring manifests through your favourite activity or object, Tsukishima loved novels so his book became his power, Giriko loved his watch, Riruka her toys and sweets, Yukio his handheld videogames, etc.
    Yhwach only had himself when he was paralyzed, deaf, and mute. It would make sense that he himself is his own Fullbring, or manifested it through the Quincy cross and made it a Quincy tradition.
    A very handicapped person that wished to become whole or healed.

    tl;dr: Yhwach is a Fullbringer-Quincy hybrid, a fusion of the two. A rare happy accident.
    Last edited by Notak; March 04, 2014 at 06:06 AM.

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #2
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yhwach and Ginjo's abilities to take and give powers

    Doesn't seen likely. The quincy are all born from Yhwach. he is the source and something entirely unique. A fullbringer gained hollow powers when their mothers were attacked while they were in the whom and got the trademark ability to manipulate the souls of objects. What Kugo gives or takes seems limited to fullbringers.

  4. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yhwach and Ginjo's abilities to take and give powers

    ^That's why I was thinking that his Fullbring side allows him to distribute his Quincy reiatsu how he sees fit, just like Ichigo's Fullbring allowed him to access his Shinigami bankai reiatsu. Fullbring can be really hax.

  5. #4
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yhwach and Ginjo's abilities to take and give powers

    Ichigo's fullbring however was born from his combat pass, Which absorbed his reitsu. So it had his power locked inside it once he manipulated it. Ginjo did much the same with his own pass and went bankai after adding it to his cross sword.

  6. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yhwach and Ginjo's abilities to take and give powers

    Yea. I can see how Yhwach's blood thing could be a very advanced and ancient FB ability, but on the other hand, yeah, there is no real evidence for this. It's more of a guess.

  7. #6
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yhwach and Ginjo's abilities to take and give powers

    FBers can give their power only to their opposites. Juha can give his powers to humans, Hollows are opposites of humans... Juha is Hollow? I myself don't believe in it, but if we're writing crackpot theories...

  8. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yhwach and Ginjo's abilities to take and give powers

    Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    FBers can give their power only to their opposites. Juha can give his powers to humans, Hollows are opposites of humans... Juha is Hollow? I myself don't believe in it, but if we're writing crackpot theories...
    I don't really understand what you're saying but...the theory is not that Yhwach is a Hollow
    Last edited by Notak; March 06, 2014 at 03:56 PM.

  9. #8
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yhwach and Ginjo's abilities to take and give powers

    Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    I don't really understand what you're saying but...the theory is not that Yhwach is a Hollow
    If I really wanted to discuss your point I'd quote your post. I just used some of your reasoning. By taking Ginjo's giving powers (and taking it) into account, we can get to a conclusion, that Juha can only be a Hollow, if he can give his powers to humans (polar opposites).

  10. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,459
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yhwach and Ginjo's abilities to take and give powers

    I don't get where that "giving power to polar opposites" thing comes from.

    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  11. #10
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yhwach and Ginjo's abilities to take and give powers

    Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    ^That's why I was thinking that his Fullbring side allows him to distribute his Quincy reiatsu how he sees fit, just like Ichigo's Fullbring allowed him to access his Shinigami bankai reiatsu. Fullbring can be really hax.
    yea the whole concept of fullbring really is haxxed

  12. #11
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yhwach and Ginjo's abilities to take and give powers

    Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    I don't get where that "giving power to polar opposites" thing comes from.

    Ginjo saying Fullbringers can only give their powers to Shinigami/Human hybrid, because they're their polar opposites.

  13. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yhwach and Ginjo's abilities to take and give powers

    Oooh, right, I see what you mean now.

    If Yhwach is his own Fullbring though as I was thinking (or rather, his blood would be his Fullbring in this case I suppose) then I could see him being able to manipulate his own blood/soul fragments however he'd see fit.
    Basically, he would manipulate his Quincy side using his Fullbring side. So the ability wouldn't really be like Ginjo's where it requires a polar opposite, because it would be a different ability from Ginjo's.

    But yea, crackpot.

    Or if he's not, I was thinking Uryuu could be, since we know for sure he is a Mixedblood. If he's part-human, I don't see why Fullbring is impossible for him. It could possibly be why Yhwach believes he can surpass him (unless that's a lie)
    Last edited by Notak; March 08, 2014 at 05:14 AM.

  14. #13
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yhwach and Ginjo's abilities to take and give powers

    Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    Oooh, right, I see what you mean now.

    If Yhwach is his own Fullbring though as I was thinking (or rather, his blood would be his Fullbring in this case I suppose) then I could see him being able to manipulate his own blood/soul fragments however he'd see fit.
    Basically, he would manipulate his Quincy side using his Fullbring side. So the ability wouldn't really be like Ginjo's where it requires a polar opposite, because it would be a different ability from Ginjo's.

    But yea, crackpot.

    Or if he's not, I was thinking Uryuu could be, since we know for sure he is a Mixedblood. If he's part-human, I don't see why Fullbring is impossible for him. It could possibly be why Yhwach believes he can surpass him (unless that's a lie)
    Yeah, Uryuu could be, as he actually trained. But Juha had his power from the start. Can it be his Fullbring? It's not like he does anything with his blood. He is just hax from the moment he was born. FB comes from one's attachment to a certain object. Juha couldn't see and hear at all when he was born. Yet he still had that power.

    And if Fullbring is Hollow reiatsu, his Quincy side would have to come from something else. But he's the first Quincy ever, so his QUincy side would have to came into existence from nothing, right?

  15. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yhwach and Ginjo's abilities to take and give powers

    Hmm, well Yhwach gave Uryuu his blood as I recall, but when Yhwach was a baby/toddler/child, blood was never mentioned... I guess someone like that without a prized possession could maybe use himself as the Fullbring object.
    Fullbring bends things that already exist to the user's will, so what if he Fullbringed his Quincy side and gained this extra ability?

    Yhwach was not the first Quincy ever as far as I know, but he is the ancestor of all the current ones, because it seems everyone but him died in the ancient war.

    Thanks for the comments btw.

  16. #15
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yhwach and Ginjo's abilities to take and give powers

    Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    Yhwach was not the first Quincy ever as far as I know, but he is the ancestor of all the current ones, because it seems everyone but him died in the ancient war.

    Thanks for the comments btw.
    I thought he was a first Quincy, who made Quincies with his power to distribute his soul, but was defeated by Yamaji, thus he has been sleeping for last 1000 years.


    But if you're right... I think he's not the first, or the last living Quincy from the ancient war. We still have Uryuu and other Ishidas. Ryuken was supposed to "lead all Quincies". And Uryuu had to be given Juha's blood to perform the ritual. While it's normal for a human like As Nodt to get special powers after drinking Juha's blood, Uryu already had his blood, right? Or he didn't have any special ability, and Juha gave him "stronger" blood? Why did he survive the Auswahlen? Because his power didn't come from Juha's blood but from his original bloodline. Would explain Ryuken still keeping his powers without much problems. Only Katagiri had Juha's blood, but she wasn't an Ishida, she was just a servant. But it seems Kurosaki bloodline originated directly from Juha, too bad. It doesn't really explain why Ichigo kept his Quincy power. Or how he got Blut so fast despite not really being a pureblood.

New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts