Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: I call shenanigans! Why you ask? Why not I say...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Somewhere on the third planet from the star known as the Sun
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I call shenanigans! Why you ask? Why not I say...

Hi. I'm Ald... I guess I'm supposed to say some random stuff now about why I'm here.

I guess you could say I found this site and forum one day after a bit of rage after hitting the last page of an incomplete translation of a manga that hadn't been updated in about 2 years. I kinda forgot about it, until I kept running across more and more projects that were left incomplete, then came back to it and started lurking for a bit.

Finally after flipping a coin I decided to try to round up a group to finish the projects that I'd started reading and was ultimately irked when I couldn't finish the stories. Because I'm sure quite a few people feel the same way about various projects that have been left incomplete for various reasons for excessive amounts of time.

So I guess that's why I'm here in a nutshell.

What I do when I'm not spouting random stuff... when am I not?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner NibbPower's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I call shenanigans! Why you ask? Why not I say...

Hello Ald. Welcome to MH! I'm Sally or Shally, however you like to call me by.

What is your favorite genre, music, movies, anime, series(referring to manga/manhua/manwah), and color?

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Somewhere on the third planet from the star known as the Sun
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I call shenanigans! Why you ask? Why not I say...

Hi Sally, and to kick off the list.

Genre: This is a coin-toss though I guess it would all fall into science fiction, mecha or a good action sci fi fits me really well. Though I have been known to enjoy the random cheesy romance every once in a while...

Music: Generally anything, my music library ranges from classical to Swedish metal, some reggae, some pop, some rap, rock, classic rock, jazz, big band music, movie soundtracks, anime OST's, whatever really strikes my mood.

Movies: I have a rather large collection of the James Bond films, Pirates of the Caribbean, to be less generic and out there a bit lets see... Kingdom of Heaven mainly because of it depicting medieval combat during the crusades more accurately, and if we're talking foreign films Turkish Gambit.

Anime: Lets see if I look at my collection here, I have all of the English releases thus far for the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise, but besides that, all of Robotech, Outlaw Star, Blue Gender, Kampfer... name a series and if I haven't seen it, or own it I can probably tell you I grew up in the late 90's so I caught the first wave of Toonami and got hooked with DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho... ect then got drawn into sci fi with shows like Outlaw Star, Gundam Wing, and Cowboy Bebop.

Series/Manga: This is a really tough question for me... I guess I could shoot one out there that I picked up when I was trying to find something to do at a library one day, I found Love Hina, and found that its cheesy romance and innuendo tickled my funny bone pretty well... if we're talking currently reading then I'm currently reading the release of Gundam the Origin by Vertical publishing as it releases each hardcover volume, the art is drop dead gorgeous on top of the classic MSG story with a few minor tweaks.

Color: Scarlet Red, if we're talking shades then that one shade of grey right before you get black...

To up the anti a little: favorite random thing I've ever done: learning how to throw axes, hatchets, and knives. Really out of practice, but I used to do it a few years back.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply