Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Hunter x hunter spoiler question [manga spoilers]

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Hunter x hunter spoiler question [manga spoilers]

So i am an anime only viewer of the hunterxhunter 2011 anime series and i just got spoiled a ton about whats going to happen in the ongoing arc right now (chimera ant arc) and i just wanted to ask the manga readers about if what i am about to write is basically everything thats going to happen ( meaning would i actually have fun in watching the anime and unexpected things are going to happen and i am going to be surprised) or should i just drop the anime and read the manga since i know this stuff

Here goes :

1- netero blowing himself up with a bomb called poor mans rose and sacrificing 10000 people with him

2- gon becoming stronger and super saiyan style ( dont know how but i just saw a picture and i cant get it out of mind)

please just tell me if this is going to ruin the anime for me and i should just read the manga , and please no one put spoilers that i did not mention

thanks to anyone who gives me feedback

and are these just the most major spoilers in the arc or is something else going to happen that is going to surprise me ? ( for this question please reply with a yes or no)
    Last edited by detectivekillua1; March 05, 2014 at 01:40 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x hunter spoiler question

First off, welcome to the forum!

About whether you should drop the Anime. My advice, don't. You don't know the whole thing about those 2 spoilers you posted, and it's definitely gonna blow your mind in the Anime. So, you're better off sticking to it. I knew what's gonna happen the whole time and the Palace invasion in the Anime still had me doing push ups...

I know that being spoiled like this is horrible(happened to me a lot), but my advice, hold it in. Not too much to go.

That, and since the Manga is on a Hiatsu, you'd want to take all your time before picking it up.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekillua1 View Post
    1- netero blowing himself up with a bomb called poor mans rose and sacrificing 10000 people with him

2- gon becoming stronger and super saiyan style ( dont know how but i just saw a picture and i cant get it out of mind))
    To 1: WTF??!
    To 2: WTF??!

That sounds like a typical spoiler by some 10 year old who ust dont understand shit and just wants to spoil everything kinda wrong just like the "Snape kills dumbleore" shit we got back when harry potter 6 just came out.

Really the spoilers you got are nowhere near to be 100% true. *rolleyes*
    Just wait and see it for yourself - in the anime!
    There are a lot of stuff that will surprise you and blow your mind!
    Its in the details!
    Last edited by BurnSchulz; March 05, 2014 at 02:04 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    That, and since the Manga is on a Hiatsu, you'd want to take all your time before picking it up.

So true... Just watch the anime. It's not as if the arcs revolve only on these 2 events.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zoro Zoldyck's Avatar
    Country
    Iraq
    Post Thanks / Like

I got spoiled too and it's the same thing.. But I'm still enjoying the anime and thankfull I don't know anything about pouf and Youpi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

How are you guys getting spoiled by them? Most of the discussion in the anime has spoiler tags, it is meant to be a warning to read.

Also, story telling is not only about what happens next... Good stories cover more, on how it happened and occured, something that should still keep reading.

By the way, I read the manga as it was launched and yet get surprised when the story is shown in the anime. You have two incidents spoiled, but rest assure, how it happens in the anime will still leave you amazed so keep watching.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zoro Zoldyck's Avatar
    Country
    Iraq
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw pictures in Tumblr.. and I read some comments that said that accidentally, But like I said I'm still enjoying the anime

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Different people take spoilers differently, and when you have source material out for an anime, it's pretty easy to go through and read spoilers. This is especially true if it's an anime you're really into.

I'm also speaking from experience here since I'm rather impatient (please end this hiatus soon, Togashi ;_; ) and as a result, I spoil myself far too much for my own good. Plus, I'm less concerned about major events happening (though I do like to keep myself spoiler-free for HUGE plot twists as much as possible), and more concerned about the events leading up to them. What happened to cause a character to do this? Why? How did this event/action affect the characters and plot? I know some people get angry when they're spoiled, and I don't blame them, but personally, reading spoilers here and there doesn't really bother me that much.

That said, I would recommend you continue with the anime. The anime is beautifully animated, sticking really close to the manga, and it's going through these chapters pretty quickly. Plus, there is one more arc after this until the anime is caught up to the manga. In comparison, the art for the manga is pretty bad at some spots, and there is something about Madhouse's adaptation that still gives me goosebumps during scenes although I've already read through the manga.

I think, even with spoiling yourself, you would still enjoy the anime.

Quote Quote:

2- gon becoming stronger and super saiyan style ( dont know how but i just saw a picture and i cant get it out of mind)
    Spoiler: this is addressed to the thread creator, other anime-only viewers beware show

That said, there are still some twists and surprises to be had in this arc, and also going into the next one. I will not mention them, so I recommend you continue watching. The two above are pretty major spoilers, BUT I wouldn't say they'll ruin the story for an anime-only viewer who doesn't mind getting spoiled here and there.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; March 10, 2014 at 11:01 AM.

New Reply