Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: No vasto lorde has been introduced yet?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Chad
    Post Thanks / Like

No vasto lorde has been introduced yet?

Harribel, Starks are probably not vasto lorde, they never admit themself that they are vasto lorde to begin with...

Also I remember Toshiro mentioned that Vasto Lorde is stronger than "ANY" captains. That "ANY" include Yammamoto!

Correct me if I'm wrong. Vasto Lorde may be introduce later probably?

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: No vasto lorde has been introduced yet?

Tier Harribel was confirmed as a Vasto Lorde in the data book.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, as I remember, all Arrancars starting from Yami and up to Nnoitora were confirmed to be Vasto Lords.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Chad
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Tier Harribel was confirmed as a Vasto Lorde in the data book.
    ...in..in the data book?

But that Toshiro mentioned that it should be stronger than all captains....whatever....damn he is such a liar! T_T

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes in the databook which is canon.

Hitsugaya just said that they would have no chance if Aizen had an army of Vasto lorde and basically he never defeated her anyway.
    Furthermore Hitsugaya didn't even know how much stronger the other captains are. He was just a rookie captain.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I recall what the databook said (although there were never any full translations) is that the espada (or at least certain espada) were at the VL level. Which is ambigous regarding whether the espada themselves were VL or they simply had as much strength as a VL. And then there is ulquiorra's case who at least appears to be a VL but also made the point that he kept his regeneration and in turn did not get power he would have otherwise gotten as other espada did.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

harribel was confirmed in the official data book as weill as the filler anime episode.

And I'm not sure about Stark or Barragan who where both pretty darn humonoid before they met Aizen which means they most likely could have been either a natural Arrancer or Vasto Lordes themselves.

Ulquarra also fits in with Stark and Barragan in that regard.

But I'm leaning more towards Stark being a natural Arrancer given his almost complete human'like apperance before meeting Aizen while Barragan and Ulquarra are still up in the air for potential Vasto Lorde.
    Last edited by BaddAzzKenpachi74; March 05, 2014 at 09:52 PM.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

According to the databook, most of Espadas were VL. Aaroniero wasn't. As for others, your guess is as good as mine.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Hitsugaya just said that they would have no chance if Aizen had an army of Vasto lorde and basically he never defeated her anyway.

Basically he one-shotted her but she was saved by Wonderweiss. Stark was basically handled by Shikai Shunsui. Barragan got handled by a VC of Kido Corps.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Basically he one-shotted her but she was saved by Wonderweiss. Stark was basically handled by Shikai Shunsui. Barragan got handled by a VC of Kido Corps.
    yea, lets just ignore the fact that Harribel emerged from said attack unharmed and proceeded to fight 3 people (1 of which was Hitsugaya) at the same time, or that Stark was pwning 2 Vizard captains using mask and shikai before being snuck up on from behind by shikai Shunsui (who by the way is Captain Commander now), or that Barragan had to be defeated by his own powers by a very proficient fomer Kido corps VC who had the ONLY known means at the time to put Barragan down effectively.

Yea, I would say that those 3 definitely proved to be "above Captain class" since neither where straight up defeated by a Captains without the help of others (Shunsui) or having their own powers used against them (Barragan) or getting 1 shotted by 1 of the most hax and powerful characters in bleach who happened to turn on her at the last minute (Harribel).

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Espadas 4 to 0 were definitely opponents that had more reiatsu than the average captain. Still that doesn't necessarily matter as experience/skill and advantages through certain abilities can still win the day.
    Halibel had more reiatsu than Hitsugaya, but luckily for him his ability was perfect to be able to stand toe-to-toe with her.
    Barragan was practically invincible, had it not been for a smart kido trick, I'm not sure what they could have done about him.
    Stark handled two vizard captains AND two senior captains for a while, and was cleverly backstabbed by Shunsui. Shunsui's ability is hax and he's not your average captain either. Even then, he had a hard time with Stark.

Yammy, well...I doubt that Byakuya or Kenpachi could have beaten him by themselves without the "teamwork". Yammy was stupid but strong.
    Although Yammy wasn't really a Vasto Lorde from what I recall, it's just that his rage-ability was strong enough that it reached top Espada levels.
    Like Aaroneiro.

Dunno how much experience the Espada had...probably a century or two or maybe even three I guess, nothing like the senior captains though. They had no real training, it seems. Unless Aizen taught them himself.
    Last edited by Notak; March 07, 2014 at 10:44 AM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BaddAzzKenpachi74 View Post
    yea, lets just ignore the fact that Harribel emerged from said attack unharmed and proceeded to fight 3 people (1 of which was Hitsugaya) at the same time
    Get your facts straight. She was saved by Wonderweiss. And yeah, he couldn't use that technique again when Vizards came, because he can't control it, and guys fighting her didn't help. He'd have to freeze them along with Hallibel. Did you see Hitsugaya any of his Bankai big ice techniques after Vizards came? Yeah, me neither.

Quote Quote:
    or that Stark was pwning 2 Vizard captains using mask and shikai before being snuck up on from behind by shikai Shunsui (who by the way is Captain Commander now),
    Yeah, because Shunsui didn't use ANY of his games when they fought, just simple swordmanship. And when he started to use it... Stark died, and commented how it sucks he has to fight such a strong guy.

Quote Quote:
    that Barragan had to be defeated by his own powers by a very proficient fomer Kido corps VC who had the ONLY known means at the time to put Barragan down effectively.
    Irrelevant. Kido VC took him down. If Aikidoka beat you up would you go "I WAS MUCH MUCH MUCH STRONGER, BUT HE USED MY STRENGTH AGAINST ME!"?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, hitsugaya's attack against harribel does not seem to be the type that would actually cause damage. I mean, its not like anything exploded or cut harribel, she was simply encased in ice. She was trapped. Wonderweiss simply had a hand in releasing her from the ice which is something that as far as we know she was not able to do on her own. Being stuck in the ice would have eventually killed harribel however it makes sense for her to be relatively unharmed if she was released fast enough (which did happen).

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, hitsugaya's attack against harribel does not seem to be the type that would actually cause damage. I mean, its not like anything exploded or cut harribel, she was simply encased in ice. She was trapped. Wonderweiss simply had a hand in releasing her from the ice which is something that as far as we know she was not able to do on her own. Being stuck in the ice would have eventually killed harribel however it makes sense for her to be relatively unharmed if she was released fast enough (which did happen).
    Exactly, what still means it would be lethal if not for Wonderweiss.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not convinced we've seen a Vasto Lorde tbh. The evidence is very iffy if you ask me. The top 3 were powerful yes, but this is after being augmented with the Hogyoku. As for anything from the databook, as has been pointed out, the "VL level" statement is ambiguous (deliberately so I reckon, but that's just what I think), and I don't remember Harribel getting a confirmation. I only watched that anime episode once, the week it came out, but IIRC Apache had a little inner monologue asking herself if Harribel was a Vasto Lorde, and no one ever confirmed or denied. Going by her appearance she was an incomplete Arrancar, since part of her head under the mask was exposed. The only thing that counts as proof would be Ulquiorra's flashback, where he seemed to fit the description, but he was never shown next to anything else to give a size comparison. Shawlong was humanoid in shape as well in Grimmjow's flashback, but he was almost the size of a Gillian so definitely no VL and I wonder if the same goes for Ulquiorra.

The statement that most of them were VL doesn't make much sense to me either. Grimmjow's Resureccion was too similar to his Adjuchas form to hint at him having evolved, and so I'd discount numbers 6-9. Then there's Yammy, and there's just no way he was a VL. Just look at him. Urahara said VL's were guaranteed to get a humanoid form upon becoming Arrancar, and Yammy was the least human of the lot, even in his sealed form. Him being the most powerful seemed to be a hint to me; if the top one's not a VL, no one beneath him would be either. I kind of think the Espada's various animal themes hint at them being Adjuchas as well.

I just find it odd that Kubo's actually gone out of his way to not say one of them is a VL, in manga and out. Why would he leave it up in the air for no reason? So no, imho we have not seen a VL yet.
    Last edited by NoOneInParticular; March 07, 2014 at 06:24 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast