Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 70

Thread: Jiraiya top 15 all time?

  1. #46
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya top 15 all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudobito View Post
    By well-rounded I mean his Ninjutsu prowesses is definitely on another planet compared to the others... his genjutsu is good considering he managed to trap A inside a genjutsu with his EMS ...his taijutsu skills are phenomenal considering he took on the 4th division of the alliance all by himself and his other attributes such as his speed,stamina ( he was stated to be born with a powerful chakra even among the uchiha clan ) are exceptional as well. I wouldn't be surprised if when the 4th databook comes out he gets 40/40.
    I agree. I believe Madara is better than Sasuke ateverything. From ninjutsu,genjutsu,taijutsu,intell,strategy,stamina,seals,chakra control, and speed. I mean the whole nine yards. Madara is just a better uchiha before he gain the ten tails.
    But stats only goes up to 35.

    As for Jiraiya:
    His only advantage are chakra and ninjutsu... Which won't make a difference against the top list.
    1. Madara
    2. Obito
    3. Hashirama
    4. Nagato
    5. Kabuto
    6. Naruto
    7. Itachi
    8. Sasuke
    9. Tobirama
    10. Minato
    11. Muu
    12. Oonoki
    13. 3rd raikage
    14. Kakashi
    15. Bee
    16. Gaara
    17. 4th Raikage
    18. Gai
    19. Kisame
    20. Orochimaru

    With my list I fell like jiraiya have a 1% chance of beating the top 5.
    A 20% chance 6-10
    A 40% chance 11-15
    A 50% chance 16-20
    But that's just my opinion. FYI, the list aren't in a complete order so don't give me shit about my list lol.
    Last edited by Prince Sasuke; March 14, 2014 at 02:34 PM.

  2. #47
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya top 15 all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    17. Rail age
    Who?

    EDIT: Oh, Okay.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; March 14, 2014 at 02:45 PM.

  3. #48
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya top 15 all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Who?
    Sorry. I do a lot of texting on my phone. It suppose to be the 4th Raikage

  4. #49
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya top 15 all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    I agree. I believe Madara is better than Sasuke ateverything. From ninjutsu,genjutsu,taijutsu,intell,strategy,stamina,seals,chakra control, and speed. I mean the whole nine yards. Madara is just a better uchiha before he gain the ten tails.
    But stats only goes up to 35.

    As for Jiraiya:
    His only advantage are chakra and ninjutsu... Which won't make a difference against the top list.
    1. Madara
    2. Obito
    3. Hashirama
    4. Nagato
    5. Kabuto
    6. Naruto
    7. Itachi
    8. Sasuke
    9. Tobirama
    10. Minato
    11. Muu
    12. Oonoki
    13. 3rd raikage
    14. Kakashi
    15. Bee
    16. Gaara
    17. 4th Raikage
    18. Gai
    19. Kisame
    20. Orochimaru

    With my list I fell like jiraiya have a 1% chance of beating the top 5.
    A 20% chance 6-10
    A 40% chance 11-15
    A 50% chance 16-20
    But that's just my opinion. FYI, the list aren't in a complete order so don't give me shit about my list lol.
    A 100% chance 1-20 = when he can activate his hermit mode genjutsu.

    If it takes some time for jiraiya to fuse/summon the 2 great frogs for his hermit mode, then i'm pretty sure he can just summon those 2 in a summoning way. Then i swear, using the frog call is enough for your list to be defeated. (except for madara, hashirama, tobirma, minato and nagato)

    And i think the hermit mode or fusion will be easy as far as the 2 great frogs is on the same location of jiraiya. Yupz, jiraiya can transform into hermit mode instantly if both ma and pa will just do the seals themselves.

  5. #50
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya top 15 all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    A 100% chance 1-20 = when he can activate his hermit mode genjutsu.

    If it takes some time for jiraiya to fuse/summon the 2 great frogs for his hermit mode, then i'm pretty sure he can just summon those 2 in a summoning way. Then i swear, using the frog call is enough for your list to be defeated. (except for madara, hashirama, tobirma, minato and nagato)

    And i think the hermit mode or fusion will be easy as far as the 2 great frogs is on the same location of jiraiya. Yupz, jiraiya can transform into hermit mode instantly if both ma and pa will just do the seals themselves.
    Sometime your trolling is cute, but this is not one of those times.

    Kabuto have edo tenseis that are stronger than jiraiya, so that's a no brainer.
    Obito had the powers of the ten tail. Another no brainer.
    Itachi and Sauke both have MS powers that jiraiya can't deal with.
    One sage mode Naruto is a handful for jiraiya, so thank about fighting a hundred of them.
    Muu and oonoki are just better try an jiraiya
    Bee.. 8 tail beast
    Kakashi and Gaara have just become stronger in the time while jiraiya has been dead.
    3rd raikage leaves jiraiya with zero advantages and can tank anything jiraiya has.
    The list goes on..

  6. #51
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya top 15 all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    Sometime your trolling is cute, but this is not one of those times.

    Kabuto have edo tenseis that are stronger than jiraiya, so that's a no brainer.
    Obito had the powers of the ten tail. Another no brainer.
    Itachi and Sauke both have MS powers that jiraiya can't deal with.
    One sage mode Naruto is a handful for jiraiya, so thank about fighting a hundred of them.
    Muu and oonoki are just better try an jiraiya
    Bee.. 8 tail beast
    Kakashi and Gaara have just become stronger in the time while jiraiya has been dead.
    3rd raikage leaves jiraiya with zero advantages and can tank anything jiraiya has.
    The list goes on..
    1. Huh? I didn't know kabuto have EDO TENSEI's. Specially ET hokages. If that were the case then why the hell they included in your list?

    Yea, even madara and hashirama can't defeat kabuto. why? because kabuto had ET madara to defeat madara and ET hashirama to defeat hashirama.

    2. Obito had the power of the ten tails? awww man, i thought you're talking about MS obito. I'm pretty sure obito isn't a ten tails jinchuuriki now. But nevermind.

    3. Sasuke and itachi both have MS? yepz, no doubt, but jiraiya had also his hair needles and swamp. Idk if jiraiya can keep firing his hair needles forever, but by also using his swamp as a combo to that, then anyone can be caught/hurt/defeated. Nah, nevermind, my opinion about this fight is still the same as before. Jiraiya can defeat this two. I've never seen sasuke yet to take jiraiya's caliber. And i do really believed itachi that he can't defeat jiraiya. So yea, it's just a matter of opinion, i guess.

    4. OOnoki and muu's ability are just all about their jinton. And the fact that they can't use that forever. So i doubt they can kill jiraiya just by that. And the fact that ma and pa can jump to their location and cast their frog call. That's more than enough to pierce the frog sword to their heart. And I've never seen them capable to escape a genjutsu.

    5. Didn't jiraiya created a seal to suppress the kyubi's chakra? Then i think it can be use to the hachibi's chakra. Jiraiya is also a master of sealing. And as you know, one of jinchuuriki's weaknesses is a sealing jutsu.

    6. No. Gaara is still the same as before. He didn't do any special in this war. His sand is still useless to water and oil. So he can't do anything to jiraiya. While kakashi doesn't have the ability to stop jiraiya's summon, swamp, frog call, hair needles and ofcourse, the hair itself.

    7. idk, but i think the suppressing seal is also usable to raikage's lightning. And even the frog call.

    The thing is, I'm really serious that the hermit transformation will become an instant the moment ma and pa will do the seals themselves. Remember the time when fugasaku intended to fuse to naruto? All he need is to do the handsigns and boom,( he was kicked by kurama. ) hermit mode instantly. So i think that's very plausible scenario.

    And how come you keep on saying that post/opinion is a TROLL?

  7. #52
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya top 15 all time?

    @Marshall

    1. Of course Kabuto has Edo Tensei... This is not the battle thread. Kabuto didn't summon the edo hokages,That was Orochimaru. They're included in the list because theses shinobi are in there prime, or at there best..

    Ten tails. Madara would have little problem defeating edo Madara.

    2. Again, I am talking about when these shinobi was at there best.

    3.All I need to say is Amaterasu and Susanoo.. Jiraiya has nothing for those jutsu.

    4. Jinton is made up of fire,earth, and wind. They could use any of those elements to counter jiraiya's. And they can fly; one jinton is all they would need.

    5. Jiraiya have no answer for the Hachibi, and now it's not time to assume he have counters.

    6. I'll give you credit for Gaara. Kakashi is a better ninja than what Jiraiya has shown..

    7. Jiraiya have no seals to stop the 3rd Raikage.

    I said it was a post troll because you name on 5 people that could beat Jiraiya from ypthe list and Kabuto and Obito was included in the five.

  8. #53
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya top 15 all time?

    Double
    Last edited by Prince Sasuke; March 14, 2014 at 11:34 PM.

  9. #54
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya top 15 all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    As for Jiraiya:
    His only advantage are chakra and ninjutsu... Which won't make a difference against the top list.
    1. Madara
    2. Obito
    3. Hashirama
    4. Nagato
    5. Kabuto
    6. Naruto
    7. Itachi
    8. Sasuke

    9. Tobirama
    10. Minato
    11. Muu
    12. Oonoki
    13. 3rd raikage
    14. Kakashi
    15. Bee
    16. Gaara
    17. 4th Raikage
    18. Gai
    19. Kisame
    20. Orochimaru

    With my list I fell like jiraiya have a 1% chance of beating the top 5.
    A 20% chance 6-10
    A 40% chance 11-15
    A 50% chance 16-20
    But that's just my opinion. FYI, the list aren't in a complete order so don't give me shit about my list lol.
    The bolded are the only ones who could definitely beat Jiraiya. Some unbolded have a chance to beat Jiraiya while the others don't. This is not counting unnatural powerups like Hashirama's cells attached to Madara, Juuubi Jinchuuriki Tobi, or Orochimaru's cells in Kabuto.

  10. #55
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,519
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya top 15 all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    The bolded are the only ones who could definitely beat Jiraiya. Some unbolded have a chance to beat Jiraiya while the others don't. This is not counting unnatural powerups like Hashirama's cells attached to Madara, Juuubi Jinchuuriki Tobi, or Orochimaru's cells in Kabuto.
    Even if you take away the cheap power-ups, only those five? The 4th Raikage, but not the 3rd? A, but not Bee? How does Nagato not definitely win? For that matter, how does he face up against Naruto, one of Naruto's clones would take Jiriaya. How does he handle Tobirama? He has no answer to the fly and obliterate approach from Muu and Oonoki. And even if you say only those would definitely beat him, a few others would be favoured. There's no chance Jiraiya is top 10, and very little chance he's top 15.

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #56
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Necron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    germany
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya top 15 all time?

    There are shinobi in this manga who at this point went way past being "just" shinobi.
    Examples being Naruto, Obito, Madara (before and after Rinnengan), Shodai and I'd even count in the likes of Sasuke, Nagato and Itachi.
    All of those guys, with their eyes and their Susanno'os and their Bijuu and and whatnot are just ridiculous. I don't want to spark a discussion of Itachi/Naruto/Sasuke/etc. vs Jiraya, because I know that there are a lot of people who would argue in Jiraya's favour (depending on what Sasuke/Itachi/Naruto we're talking about, I wuold do that too).
    The point of me saying this beforehand is that I personnally don't even count those mentioned above into Shinobi ranking anymore.

    Now excluding the Dragon Ball characters in this manga, we actually had quite the introduction of capable shinobi before and during the war. Folks like Muu, Onoki, Sage Kabuto, full-power Nagato, full-power Tobirama, and Danzo, just to name a few. And again, I'm not interested in discussing who of those Jiraya would defeat. But when thinking about something like "top 15", those and many other Shinobi can't be ignored. Therefore the answer to the question whether Jiraya would be among those top 15 would involve a great deal of research, thinking and debating. And I'm just too lazy for that

    I will say though, that he is one of my favourite characters in this manga, one of the most versatile and interesting shinobi to watch and without a doubt amongst the top tier fighters in Naruto.
    My Deviant Art
    But don't expect any Manga drawing here, haven't done that in a long time.

  13. #57
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya top 15 all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    The bolded are the only ones who could definitely beat Jiraiya. Some unbolded have a chance to beat Jiraiya while the others don't. This is not counting unnatural powerups like Hashirama's cells attached to Madara, Juuubi Jinchuuriki Tobi, or Orochimaru's cells in Kabuto.
    But we aren't taking away unnatural power ups . This list is when they are at there best.

    Obito = rinnengan, sharingan and ten tails Jin
    Kabuto = Oro's chakra, sound 5 powers,and dragon sage mode with EDO Tensei
    Naruto = SBM
    Orochimaru = edo Tensei
    3rd raikage = tank with a ultimate offense weapon
    Nagato = rinnengan
    Minato = improved harishin
    Tobirama = harishin, the best water user.
    Muu = Oonoki = can fly, with jinton
    Bee = 8 tails, excellent swordsman with ration


    The only people on this list that Jiraiya has a fair chance at beating is Gai, Gaara, Kakashi,4th raikage and kisame. That's why he fits in between 16-20

  14. #58
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya top 15 all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Even if you take away the cheap power-ups, only those five? The 4th Raikage, but not the 3rd? A, but not Bee? How does Nagato not definitely win? For that matter, how does he face up against Naruto, one of Naruto's clones would take Jiriaya. How does he handle Tobirama? He has no answer to the fly and obliterate approach from Muu and Oonoki. And even if you say only those would definitely beat him, a few others would be favoured. There's no chance Jiraiya is top 10, and very little chance he's top 15.
    I thought I put in the Third. But why Bee?

    Nagato admitted he would have lost to Jiraiya had Jiraiya known his secret, and Nagato has not shown anything that would put him above Jiraiya. Even when the paths were fighting Jiraiya 3-on-1, with Jiraiya having little to no information, Jiraiya still beat the three bodies.

    Likely so, but JIraiya has dealt with Kyuubi Naruto before. He probably knows or has a way to get Naruto back to normal, although the current Kyuubi-Naruto is different from Kyuubi-Naruto of the past. How does Tobirama handle Jiraiya? Muu has better chance of winning than Oonoki does mainly because Muu can become invisible. I'm not sure if he can be sniffed out though, if Jiraiya has Ma and Pa with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    But we aren't taking away unnatural power ups . This list is when they are at there best.

    Obito = rinnengan, sharingan and ten tails Jin
    Kabuto = Oro's chakra, sound 5 powers,and dragon sage mode with EDO Tensei
    Naruto = SBM
    Orochimaru = edo Tensei
    3rd raikage = tank with a ultimate offense weapon
    Nagato = rinnengan
    Minato = improved harishin
    Tobirama = harishin, the best water user.
    Muu = Oonoki = can fly, with jinton
    Bee = 8 tails, excellent swordsman with ration


    The only people on this list that Jiraiya has a fair chance at beating is Gai, Gaara, Kakashi,4th raikage and kisame. That's why he fits in between 16-20
    Well, that's not fair to Jiraiya. Most of them got unnatural powerups after his death. Isn't earth stronger than water? Jiraiya has plenty of water jutsu to deal with Tobirama. Despite three Pains having Rinnegan, Jiraiya was still able to take them out. Minato and Jiraiya know about each other, so it'll be harder for HIraishin to work. The main advantage Minato has here is speed and reflexes, but Jiraiya can use long ranged attacks.

    Konan can fly, but Jiraiya managed to grab her with his hair. I'm not entirely sure if Jinton can be avoided, but Tobi managed to save Sasuke.

    But yes, hard to beat the others with the unnatural powerup, like Tobi, Kabuto with Orochimaru's DNA/chakra, and Orochimaru after his first body transfer.

  15. #59
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,519
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya top 15 all time?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I thought I put in the Third. But why Bee?
    Bee has a pretty similar skillset to the 4th with a Bijuu and some ridiculous kenjutsu.

    Quote Quote:
    Nagato admitted he would have lost to Jiraiya had Jiraiya known his secret, and Nagato has not shown anything that would put him above Jiraiya. Even when the paths were fighting Jiraiya 3-on-1, with Jiraiya having little to no information, Jiraiya still beat the three bodies.
    Three bodies, out of six, and the most powerful one was missing. Itachi and Kisame said they'd lose to Jiraiya too, and absolutely everything suggests otherwise. Does Jiraiya have anything that could handle ST or CT, anything whatsoever?

    Quote Quote:
    Likely so, but JIraiya has dealt with Kyuubi Naruto before. He probably knows or has a way to get Naruto back to normal, although the current Kyuubi-Naruto is different from Kyuubi-Naruto of the past. How does Tobirama handle Jiraiya? Muu has better chance of winning than Oonoki does mainly because Muu can become invisible. I'm not sure if he can be sniffed out though, if Jiraiya has Ma and Pa with him.
    He almost died facing a Naruto with a few tails, this is Bijuu-mode Naruto, something far beyond that. Oro handled a Four-tailed Naruto, but I doubt anyone would suggest that would allow him to make the claim that he could take Naruto as he is now. Tobirama has shadow clones, hiraishin, hiraishingiri, and his suitons, combined with his stamina, speed, intellect, sensing abilities, that would be more than enough to take down Jiraiya, and I can't think of anything Jiraiya's shown that would take down Tobirama. Both the Tsuchis can fly, it doesn't matter if they're invisible, and the only thing to do with Jinton is run from it or absorb it. In the time it takes for Jiraiya to summon and fuse with Ma and Pa, either Tsuchi could take out an entire battlefield, leaving nothing behind.

  16. #60
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Jiraiya top 15 all time?

    I know about kenjutsu, but that's if he draws Jiraiya into a sword fight. Though admittedly, Jiraiya would have trouble against Bee's speed when even Sasuke admitted he was lucky Bee was moving in a straight line.

    Itachi and Kisame are different from Nagato, as well as the context. THanks to the context now, we can assume Itachi was lying to protect Konoha, while Nagato could have meant that if Jiraiya knew about the real body, he'd have gone after Nagato himself, who might not have been able to do anything. Jiraiya does have kage bunshin to handle the push or pull, like Naruto. As for chibaku tensei, Jiraiya could use Swamp of the Underworld to attach himself to the ground without sinking, possibly using that to take out Nagato. I am not sure if he can attack the black orb though, given he would have no knowledge of that he is a genius like Itachi.

    Jiraiya didn't try to fight Naruto or kill him though. He was probably taken off guard by Naruto losing control and tried to get him back to normal without hurting him. Even after the damage he took, JIraiya supposedly found a way to get Naruto back to normal.

    Jiraiya has knowledge on Hiraishin, he also has shadow clones and doton to counter suitons, and stamina and some intellect. Jiraiya's speed and sensing abilities aren't there in base mode, but he's shown to be fast and can have Ma and Pa do the sensing in Sage Mode, so if he enters that (which he should be able to), Jiraiya has a decent chance. I can't think of anything Tobirama has shown that would take down Jiraiya for sure either, unless Jiraiya doesn't know about Tobirama and Hiraishin.

    Konan could fly too, but Jiraiya immobilized her with his hair, in base mode. If Muu or Oonoki's arms are binded, they can't do any jutsu. Jiraiya can also avoid being hit with Jinton as he's trying to get into Sage Mode. We have seen that Jiraiya can still enter Sage Mode even when he's being attacked.

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts