Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: What Do YOU Think The Glowing Shot Is?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What Do YOU Think The Glowing Shot Is?

After some thought, I'm starting to think that the Glowing Shot is the power of either Hyakuren or Teni'muho transferred into the ball rather than a part of the player's body. We've seen that this is some kind of a power shot. I'm really starting to think that it's one of the power auras being densely concentrated into the ball. Either way, it's ridiculous. I don't think one should ever forget the page where Ryoma finished training for it, with holes in trees and such. Things like this are the reason why the Chinese readers call New Prince of Tennis "Homicide Prince."

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Do YOU Think The Glowing Shot Is?

I think it's just the power from some other dimension, it's been pretty clearly stated as such. Muga and its doors don't seem to be comparable in that respect. It also seems to be a series of techniques alongside Kijin/Pirate and Black Hole (and possibly more), and those most certainly have nothing to do with Muga.

If anything I wonder if all those powers come from the same different dimension or if there are multiple.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    After some thought, I'm starting to think that the Glowing Shot is the power of either Hyakuren or Teni'muho transferred into the ball rather than a part of the player's body.
    I think kinda the same thing, except that it has nothing to do with the auras we already know.

Like, the player transmits some of his powers into the ball, then hits a SSS (or something like that, I dunno how the SSS worked). If it's a power from another dimension or not, I dunno (I kinda doubt it tho, I feel like the only players that have shown dimensional powers so far are Tokugawa and Byoudouin).
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    I think kinda the same thing, except that it has nothing to do with the auras we already know.

Like, the player transmits some of his powers into the ball, then hits a SSS (or something like that, I dunno how the SSS worked). If it's a power from another dimension or not, I dunno (I kinda doubt it tho, I feel like the only players that have shown dimensional powers so far are Tokugawa and Byoudouin).
    The SSS is the area of the racket requires to hit the Glowing Shot.

As for what "power from another dimension" means, we have no clue. The way they refer to it as if it's actually a dimensional plane where power exists to be manipulated, like the place Ryu and Ken fought M. Bison in the final episode of the Street Fighter II V anime.

New Reply