Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: What the promise that Nea did to Mana is about?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member JDSS's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

What the promise that Nea did to Mana is about?

Greetings

In his last awakening (215), in the end Nea says he must fulfill a promise he made with Mana
    what would be about? Likely Kill the Earl and do then whatever he plans
    but I'm not sure so I want to see some ideas

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What the promise that Nea did to Mana is about?

You and everyone who has seen my big post in the Mana = Earl thread knows what I think about this, but for the sake of further ideas/new perspectives, I'll just contribute a reminder that there is one possible clue in the same chapter: while talking about the promise, Nea literally says he must kill his doubts/hesitation and his "heart." So the thing he has to do in order to keep that promise is unpleasant at best. (More likely it will be heartbreaking, imo.)

I relate this to Cross telling Allen that when he becomes 14th, he'll be forced to kill someone he loves (ch 168 or 169 I think)

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Cross said that reffering to the third side of the war, (he said that and when Allen asked him shockely about that, then he say about the 3rd side, exactly) and it is correct, the 3rd side is related with them (Mana and Nea).
    And like I said, likely can be kill the Earl(=Mana, but Mana is dead... The body is Mana's, but no more than a body, it is a puppet controled by the Earl/suit
    So... still dont know about what it can be about, but we have little more clues about it, (and about the 3rd side), they are related
    thanks
    Last edited by JDSS; March 27, 2014 at 12:07 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Crown Clown's Avatar
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty concerned about this 3rd side of the war thing.
    For the sake of discussion purposes may I ask some questions?

So far

1. Mana
    2. Neah
    3. Allen (Past)
    4. The Milennium Earl
    5. Marian Cross
    6. Apocryphos

Are generally agreed to have some involvement with this 3rd side of the war right ?

So do you guys think this third side of the war started by the promise between Mana and Neah or did the promise arise because this special portion of the Holy war triggered it?

I don't have much of an idea what this 3rd war revolves around yet...

Could I maybe also hear your thoughts about whether the Heart has some involvement as to why this 3rd side of the war started? And what happens if say Neah wins it ? Is it simple vengeance on the Earl or is some other ulterior motive being accomplished here? Neah was the first one to assault the Earl right, according to Road?

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crown Clown View Post
    I'm pretty concerned about this 3rd side of the war thing.
    For the sake of discussion purposes may I ask some questions?

So far

1. Mana
    2. Neah
    3. Allen (Past)
    4. The Milennium Earl
    5. Marian Cross
    6. Apocryphos

Are generally agreed to have some involvement with this 3rd side of the war right ?

So do you guys think this third side of the war started by the promise between Mana and Neah or did the promise arise because this special portion of the Holy war triggered it?

I don't have much of an idea what this 3rd war revolves around yet...

Could I maybe also hear your thoughts about whether the Heart has some involvement as to why this 3rd side of the war started? And what happens if say Neah wins it ? Is it simple vengeance on the Earl or is some other ulterior motive being accomplished here? Neah was the first one to assault the Earl right, according to Road?

To post about the 3rd side here:
    mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/2995965-What-is-the-3rd-side-of-the-war

Well, about this thread, the promise, I dont think that the promise is related with the 3rd side of the war, it is just that during the war went on (with the 3 sides), Nea when he was with his brother scaping, they made a promise, but that is not sure, other theory

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner KitforKat's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I still like most of the core of what I put forward in my Mana=Earl post, so I still think it's likely that Nea's promise was to kill Mana if he lost himself and fully became the Earl of Millennium. This would explains Nea's former close relationship with the Earl, his saying that he must "kill his heart" in order to fulfill his promise to Mana, and his determination to kill the Earl that seems to often come up in conjunction with his promise. I think that the third side of the war grew up around Mana and Nea who were looking to break the cycle of suffering surrounding the Holy War and also thereby stop Mana from having to become the Earl of Millennium. Killing the Earl (and Mana) would have been a fail-safe promise Mana forced out of Nea in case it didn't work out.

It's DGM, so basically the most tragic interpretation possible becomes the most probable.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Crown Clown's Avatar
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KitforKat View Post

It's DGM, so basically the most tragic interpretation possible becomes the most probable.
    Hehe now that you mention it like that it does seem more convincing

Just to clarify regarding the theory again..
    So according to the theory, Mana had to become the Earl is it ? So Mana had the 1st Noah memories inside him? (I'm still unclear about this part)

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crown Clown View Post
    Just to clarify regarding the theory again..
    So according to the theory, Mana had to become the Earl is it ? So Mana had the 1st Noah memories inside him? (I'm still unclear about this part)
    Yes, Mana become the host of the Earl/Adam/1st. And the Earl has never died, just he has changed the host (the last is Mana, obviusly), so the Earl has not lost his memories, so yes, Mana had the memories of the Earl, look, like Allen has Nea's, it's simply

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply