Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Dressrosa arc!

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

49 81.67%
  • Mediocre

9 15.00%
  • Awful

2 3.33%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dressrosa Arc - Grading and Commentary

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dressrosa Arc - Grading and Commentary

For me this arc started of entertainingly but slow, especially when it came to the tournament. I kinda felt that there could have been a better balance between what Luffy was doing and everybody else. While I can't really name any chapters that outright ticked me off it was mostly just an average ride on the level of Punk Hazard for me (I didn't think that arc was special but I didn't think it was bad either) sans the chapters when Sabo and Big mom showed up of course. But these recent chapters have been pretty entertaining for me, which I guess is because things are finally moving the way I was hoping they would (in terms of intensity being pushed up and actual progression) I'm still waiting for Time skip OP to do something REALLY nuts though and while we've been getting sparks, we haven't had that explosion yet, so I'm hoping something happens at the end of the arc to signify us getting closer to that 'explosion'.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudobito's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Not bad at all, but still it's much better than the Punk Hazard arc imho.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudobito View Post
    I'd agree that it's currently better than punk hazard, but I don't want to say anything too conclusive yet until it ends proper.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there is a lot between "Great" and "Mediocre". For me, it's just good and I still wait for something remotely close from Water Seven/Enies Lobby.
    We didn't even get one real good fight since timeskip. Hopefully, we will get some now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly im more excited of what will happen to our beloved crew after the arc gets over than what is happening in the arc itself.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only problem I really have with this arc is that it's really only after a year do they finally start the battle. The arc basically started at 700 and now its at 745..... there's 52 weeks in a year and considering the amount of breaks he has taken... wow.

And we still don't know what green bit really is. It's been a full year.

Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

This arc is dragging on. And the only postiv thing that highlights the chapters are the comments of DD. Everything else seems kinda boring. The tournament was boring cause there wasn't one decent fight in it. The problem is that like in the Marineford arc Oda is overdoing it with letting so many characters taking part in this arc.
    I mean we are at chapter 745 and Luffy still isn't fighting DD nor is Zoro fighting anyone.
    I know a lot of you really seem to enjoy this arc but I'm waiting for an arc that could rival the CP9 arc at least a bit. This arc is missing a lot of things that the CP9 and other arcs had. But mostly it is missing that everything that is happeneing kinda is not really of Luffy's concern nor that of his crew.
    I find it lame that Luffy who said that he only wants to have his freedom is going after people who didn't even come into his way. In the past it used to be that the enemy's used to come after Luffy or one of his crew mates and not the other way around.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't agree at all with you Mohsen, as you only seem to seek 1vs1 fights without any kind of plot, if the Ennies Lobby arc is the staple. Yeah it had great situations, but the plot itself was far from the highlight of it.

Quote Originally Posted by amidaru312 View Post
    The only problem I really have with this arc is that it's really only after a year do they finally start the battle. The arc basically started at 700 and now its at 745..... there's 52 weeks in a year and considering the amount of breaks he has taken... wow.

And we still don't know what green bit really is. It's been a full year.
    Well a lot of plot has happened in the meantime though, with multiple plot lines concluding into a massive one, it's what Oda does for some time now.

The Green Bit exchange, the Tonttata reveal, Law's struggle on the island, Jora's attack, Viola revealing the truth to Sanji, Sanji defending the Sunny from Mingo, Law recuing Sanji, the strawlyhat vs Big Mom plot, Law leading Mingo to Luffy, the massive colliseum plot line with Luffy wanting the fruit, the Sabo appearance, the S.O.P., Kyros backstory, his involvement with Franky & Co, their invasion into the port, Zoro running around XD, Luffy and co's invasion into the castle, everything falling into chaos leading to the birdcage.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's gotten better with the recent developments, much more fruitful, imho. I'll see how it ends and maybe revise my rating.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudobito View Post
    "Punk Hazard" in a way is part of the "Dressrosa Arc" isn't it. Especially considering that Law and his alliance with Luffy is the center core of this whole thing.

"I did battle with ignorance today and ignorance won".

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Athrin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really digging the arc. I think that there's definitely a lot more sub-plots than normal, but that's a positive in my eye because they're all engaging. Now we have everything tied together in the form of Donflamingo making all of Dressora into a gladiator arena. All this build up got me thinking an emperor has to make an appearance before the end of the arc. If I'm not mistaken, no one outside Dressora knows Donflamingo lied about giving up his titles. Can't imagine the news not getting to Kaido. Either way I'm liking the direction and do hope Riku gets his throne back.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this arcs rating depends upon whether you liked sabo being alive or not. That was the biggest reveal of this arc. If someone didnt find that interesting, this arc would be boring for that person.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2