Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: How did Madara used the Susano'o without his eyes? <3

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    How did Madara used the Susano'o without his eyes? <3

    After Madara regenerated from his injuries, Gaara decided to seal him, which didn't worked because Madara used his Susano'o despite not having his eyes:

    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/658/11

    But how did Madara used it if he didn't had his eyes in the first place? At first I tought he just had some of these things buried underground the whole time. However we later see the Susano'o being formed around his, with just his left eye:

    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/661/19

    But wasn't necessary to have two eyes to use the Susano'o? So this case is also similar to the first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  2. #2
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Madara used the Susano'o without his eyes?

    Apparently you need both eyes to awaken the Susano'o, but can cast it without them. I guess you just need the eyes to awaken enough of that special MS chakra, and then one becomes able to manifest that chakra as Susano'o. Makes sense, since the technique isn't focused or controlled by eyes, unlike other MS jutsu.

  3. #3
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,811
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Madara used the Susano'o without his eyes?

    I am going with a plot hole.
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/484/10

    So if his eyes going blind + no more Susano you think that a Uchiha missing his eyes would also = no more Susano..

    Then again Madara also used Rinnegan jutsus with no eyes... The plot is all over the place so who cares right?
    Then we do have Itachi with grey eyes pulling it:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/393/3
    But who knows. I am still going with plot hole or at least PIS.
    Last edited by xXan; March 23, 2014 at 11:38 AM.

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #4
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Madara used the Susano'o without his eyes?

    Madara still had access to his EMS at this time when he was revived. He was only unable to access the Rinnegan because that form of his eyes were still active.

  6. #5
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Madara used the Susano'o without his eyes?

    My guess is because of Hashirama's cells. Since he basically had Senju blood and a body of a "younger brother", he didn't have to have the eyes to execute the technique since the "body" part of Rikudou got accustomed to the technique which made it executable without the eyes.

  7. #6
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,811
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Madara used the Susano'o without his eyes?

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfox View Post
    Madara still had access to his EMS at this time when he was revived. He was only unable to access the Rinnegan because that form of his eyes were still active.
    No, he was missing his eyes. At the time of his death Madara was missing both his eyes, they were in Nagato's head.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    My guess is because of Hashirama's cells. Since he basically had Senju blood and a body of a "younger brother", he didn't have to have the eyes to execute the technique since the "body" part of Rikudou got accustomed to the technique which made it executable without the eyes.
    When it comes to doujutsu my view of jutsus cast trough a doujutsu are just that, they are channeled trough the eyes. Then, of course, I can't contradict the manga no matter how stupid I find it. Next we are going to have Kakashi shoot Kamui with no eye :/

  8. #7
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Madara used the Susano'o without his eyes?

    Could also have been the fact that one of his Zetsu was controlling Obito's Rinnegan. Maybe he could activate Susano'o on himself through that eye, similar to how he used Rinne Tensei. Granted it doesn't make that much sense, since the moves are fundamentally different in that Rinne Tensei revives a target.. still.

  9. #8
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Madara used the Susano'o without his eyes?

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    When it comes to doujutsu my view of jutsus cast trough a doujutsu are just that, they are channeled trough the eyes. Then, of course, I can't contradict the manga no matter how stupid I find it. Next we are going to have Kakashi shoot Kamui with no eye :/
    That's the beauty and power of Rikudou, though. If Kakashi had Hashirama's cells, he would probably be able to spam as much Kamui as Obito did without losing eyesight. Obito had that much advantage with a Senju portion in him. A powerful Uchiha like Madara had to have a lot more advantage than that. My theory is that Rikudou, with both power of the eyes and body can use techniques of both respective traits without them being present after a period of time using those techniques in battle. Meaning, you become so skilled and accustomed that the eyes don't need to be present to execute the techniques because the body "remembered" them and channels them through its trait. It sounds ridiculous but it's the best I got.

  10. #9
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Madara used the Susano'o without his eyes?

    His eyes are already perfect and masters uchiha Susanoo's. He has 2 different eyes and with that he can switch it to Rinnegan or Sharingan everytime, its means that if you already completed those Sharingans and made it perfect even Madara uses Rinnegan he can activate Susanoo.

  11. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Madara used the Susano'o without his eyes?

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    So if his eyes going blind + no more Susano you think that a Uchiha missing his eyes would also = no more Susano..
    I think that Sasuke's case is okay. I would assume that because Sasuke spammed the Susano'o so much, he was out of Chakra and the Susano'o disappeared, plus he fucked up his eyesight.
    Last edited by Fox666; March 28, 2014 at 03:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts