Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
MangaHelpers Art Contest Week 12-13 ~ Steampunk Avatar & Signature Sets!
Hi, minna-san! Today we're starting a new Art Contest cycle. And this week's category is Avatars and Signatures with the theme set as Steampunk. How many of you have ever read or watched a story that made you travel to a reality different than ours, a mix of fantasy and science, with all the heavy steam-powered machinery and retro-gadgets? Now is the time to imagine your own sets inspired by this style!
Get the gears ready!
Category: Avatar & Signature Sets
- All members may join this competition. There is no minimum post or user status you need to have to join the contest.
- Entries for the contest must be posted in this thread.
- Each participant can only submit ONE entry and that entry should be new (meaning it must not have been used in contests hosted by MangaHelpers previously).
- Use MangaHelpers' Image Gallery to upload your entries. Any problem with uploading, let us know.
- You must credit the artist of the stock.
- Submissions not following the week's theme will automatically result in disqualification. If you have any question about the contest, you can ask it here.
- For signature or avatar contests, forum rules still apply unless stated otherwise (including size). That means your signature must NOT exceed 600 x 200 px and 500 KB. For avatars the maximum size is 150 x 150 px and 50 KB.
- No excessive, suggestive, spoiler, or porn-related pictures in the contest.
- No plagiarizing is allowed.
- Submission is open until April 6, 2014 at 21:00 (-3 GMT)
Uploading and Submitting Entries:
- Go HERE.
- Click the browse button near the upload area option.
- After upload is completed, you'll be redirected to your uploaded image.
- Scroll down all the way to the bottom of the gallery page and choose "Click here to show" next to "share-picture".
- Copy the BB codes listed there and post that code in this thread using the proper post format.
ExampleCode:"Theme Name" - "Work Title" by "Artist Name" (Large size thumbnail - upload image to image gallery.) "Comments" "Credits"
Female - Sayuri by Leen Stock / Credits: from Planetrenders.net
- Voting will proceed after submission period is over, that is April 6, 2014 (-3 GMT).
- Announcement of winners and next contest and new theme will be done as soon as possible after the voting period is over.
Good luck, everyone!
Last edited by nanaDmari; June 22, 2014 at 05:15 PM.
Clockwork Gaze - Utsune
Comment: I'm surprised I entered.