Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who are your fave Sternritters?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jugram Haschwalth - The B

14 38.89%
  • Askin Nakk le Vaar - The D

9 25.00%
  • Bambietta Basterbine - The Explode

7 19.44%
  • As Nodt - The Fear

12 33.33%
  • Liltotto Lamperd - The G

1 2.78%
  • Bazz-B - The Heat

12 33.33%
  • Cang Du - The Iron

4 11.11%
  • Quilge Opie - The Jail

7 19.44%
  • BG9 - The K

5 13.89%
  • Driscoll Berci - The Overkill

1 2.78%
  • Meninas McAllon - The P

1 2.78%
  • Berenice Gabrielli - The Question

0 0%
  • Jerome Guizbatt - The Roar

0 0%
  • Mask de Masculine - The Superstar

4 11.11%
  • Candice Catnipp - The T

3 8.33%
  • NaNaNa Najahkoop - The U

0 0%
  • Gremmy Thoumeaux - The Visionary

8 22.22%
  • Loyd and Royd Lloyd - The Yourself

0 0%
  • Giselle Gewelle - The Z

4 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Sternritter

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Sternritter

Name all of your favorite Sternritters, of course, and explain why you like them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Sternritter

I think my favorite might be Quilge Opie since he actually fought with quincy techniques and had a really well designed Vollständig.

Last edited by Kaiten; April 17, 2014 at 09:52 PM.
    please click on them to help them grow.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love As Nodt. He remains my favorite.

I like the old guy with guns, too. I'm sure he'll be a favorite once he's properly revealed.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

There can be only one. DEM CLOGS.

Spoiler show

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quilge for the shades, the flamboyant personality, the Volstandig, and the fact that his powers resemble what Quincy's powers were originally depicted as.

As Nodt for being one scaryass mofo, having an awesome design and I always thought his light thorns were an interesting twist on Heilig Pfeil. Plus he is the only character to defeat Byakuya (Ichigo vs Byakuya was really a tie).

I initially didn't like Bazz-B since his powers and personality seemed really boring but his powers seem much more interesting ever since he used Burner Finger 1 & 2. Plus watching him shit on Hitsugaya was hilarious, he's a funny guy. Also not many villains have actually killed a shinigami.

Cang Du is awesome. He has that silent badass thing going on, really cool design, can do the Bicycle Kick from Mortal Kombat and has freaking tiger claws. He kind of got trolled though...well maybe he's alive somehow??

Driscoll didn't last long but no one else is psychotic enough to actually find the idea of battling Yamamoto Genryusai thrilling, not to mention obnoxiously taunting him while using his subordinates Bankai. Actually, psychotic might not be the best word....

I found Bambietta very amusing, I like her design and her powers matched her personality very well. Not many females villains in Bleach that can pose as much of a threat as she does.

And BG9's always intrigued me. His cold and brutal personality (if you call it that) actually made for interesting dialogue with Omaeda of all people. And the fact that he has machine guns, metal tentacles and missiles is pretty crazy. I really want to know why there is a Quincy robot....

I would add Colonel Sanders if he was properly introduced. But he looks very promising, I'm sure I'll like him too....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone think Askin looks similar to Isshin in the flashback? His behavior is almost the same as Isshin too.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Necron's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

We haven't seen them all in action yet, so I won't vote now.

But so far Mask is my favourite.
    I don't care what anyone sais, he was a fresh breath of air in the constant flow of Kubo-esque characters and he took down 4 VC-level Shingami and 2 Captains with relative ease.

Honorable mentions so far are Bambietta, Quilge, Bazz B and Hashwalth (although he's a pretty obvious choice). As Nodt would've been amongst those if he wouldn't have lost his composure and turned into another hollow-monster-demon-fiend.
    My Deviant Art
    But don't expect any Manga drawing here, haven't done that in a long time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also waiting until we've at least seen them all before I vote, but my favourite so far is probably Askin Nakk Le Vaar. I like his sarcastic, laid back attitude and he seems to have some wits as well. Cool bloke in general.

I also find BG9 pretty cool, I like his/it's cold robotic demeanour. Strangely he seems capable of fear and some level of emotion too, going by how he was begging Yhwach for a second chance. I just want to know what the hell he even is...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uryu, Askin, As Nodt, Bazz B, Quilge and Giselle are my faves as of this moment. I'm a bit disappointed Kubo hasn't really gone into a lot of them as they all seem to have a large amount of potential to be great unique characters similar to the Espada. I mean, aside from Zommari, all of them were pretty well rounded and interesting. I want a bit more of that from the Sternritter.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    Uryu, Askin, As Nodt, Bazz B, Quilge and Giselle are my faves as of this moment. I'm a bit disappointed Kubo hasn't really gone into a lot of them as they all seem to have a large amount of potential to be great unique characters similar to the Espada. I mean, aside from Zommari, all of them were pretty well rounded and interesting. I want a bit more of that from the Sternritter.
    I'm glad he's not gone into complete depth with each and every one, 27 characters would be a bit much imo. But that's only because many of them haven't really had much purpose in the plot (e.g. Cang Du, although I did find him quite cool) which is, again, probably because there are so many of them. I'm not disagreeing with you though, I always like to see a bit more about what makes the antagonists tick and the Sternritter are generally a cool bunch of characters. In fact, some of my favourite chapters of this arc have been the ones where we see what's going on in Wandenreich, with the SR interacting amongst themselves. I like to think that Kubo's basically wittling them down to a select few, who will be more fleshed out and have an actual use plotwise.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

For me its kinda hard to pick a stern riter I particularly like or dislike to be honest. The situation with them seems chaotic. I feel like there is very little direction in regards to them... They have letters but the letters themselve don't have any particular meaning in regards to the plot, they simply signify the abilities of the stern riter and their pledge to juhabach. The only letters that seem to have a special significance are A and maybe B since A is the letter of juhabach and B is the letter of the second in command of the stern riter. And of course jugram having the second letter of the alphabet might be a coincidence so to speak.

Overall the issue here is that we have relatively little reason to care about the stern riter so to speak. There is no buildup for them and the importance of each stern riter to the army is unknown. Take mask.... He was introduced as a second class stern riter too who was too dumb to exist. Then it turned out he was more than capable of easily defeating 2 consecutive captains and after that he went on to become several times stronger than he was against kensei and rose and was defeated by renji's bankai. Mask was essentially introduced as a moron who could not one shot a VC he blindsided and then he turned out to be that stupidly strong. To boot his defeat actually got nanana to move to specifically find out who defeated mask. Considering the stern riter don't generally care for each other I would think there is some degree of significance in nanana wanting to see who defeated mask. Nodt was shown to be relatively competent, enough to fight with byakuya on his own and yet he was easily defeated by a royally trained rukia. We also have kirge whose only purpose was to show what quincy could do however we barely were told he was a ster riter. Shaz domino had a 2 second appearance and was offed in less than that offscreen. Bambietta seemed rather interesting but she was defeated by a guy that literally could not die which is kinda cheating. Cang du died and we never found out what his ability was about. Perhaps another stern riter will receive it though.

The issue here is that kubo is not really telling us much about the stern riter to begin with. The espada were interesting but at least they were properly built as enemies. When a stern riter appears we have no idea of what to expect from them. Will they survive the fight? Are they important among the stern riter? Do they have personalities? Maybe its a bit lazy on my part but I think the issue here is that kubo is not actually telling us which stern riter are important and why. I don't think we necessarily need to be given numbers to rank their strength but we do need something to go by here. All we see is the stern riter appearing, giving their enemies an appropriate amount of trouble and being defeated.

Lets look at the espada and captain situation to compare. With the captains we have had many chapters to be told of the importance and personality of each captain. Their squad numbers don't tell us their implicit importance but thanks to the manga and plot we know enough about each to kinda figure out their standing in the army and the significance of each. With the espada we were given numbers to denote their strength and a few espada actually got quite a bit of development. All the stern riter seem equally important so far safe for jugram who is the leader. It kinda seems like safe for juhabach, jugram and ishida they all have the same standing in regards to one another. We were told gremy was the strongest but I am not sure that was handled well... at least IMO the whole thing with gremy is weird. He just appeared showcasing an asinine ability and then proclaimed himself the strongest stern riter. Maybe the next few chapters will actually develop him enough for us to care but up to know he is just some dude who appeared for the sole reason of kenpachi butchering him.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I definitely take your point and it's something I hope will change as the Stern Ritter shrink in number. Still, whlist I appreciate character development, in the case of many of the Espada it just seems kind of futile in retrospect. Maybe futile is a strong word, but whilst they were being developed they were also being picked off one by one with literally no consequence whatsoever to the plot. I'm not saying the development wasn't a good thing, it was nice stuff. Just that it doesn't feel like there's really much point in going into too much depth if the character's just there to be killed off after doing jack shit. But I do want some SR to be properly fleshed out. I guess we'll have to wait and see, surely not all of them can just be a superpower with a face.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There are (were) 26 Sternritters or there should...lmfao if you thought Kubo was going to flesh out every single one of them and if he did...with this current pace we would probably die of old age reading Bleach.

The Mask in retrospect was so far and probably will end up being the most effective Sternritter, unless of course Gremmy actually killed Rose and Kensei (fat chance right?)...I'm actually all for it, worst they revealed their bankais so I don't really care much for them now and it would add some more gravity to the plot ...big losts on SS side barring Yamaji.

I'm pretty confident Haschwald will be revealed to be B The Balance as to what his exact ability is I'm not sure....bringing about a change in state so that he can cut anything? Meh...in time.

I don't really have any particular favourites right now I really just want Bach to start fighting and bashing people's faces in lol

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The number of stern riter is murky IMO. More than two people can have the same letter at the same time remember? Royd and Loyd had Y, ishida and juhabach have A and gremy created a second stern riter with the letter V. There are 26 letters, one of which belongs to juhabach. If we count juhabach then there are at least 28 stern riter. If we count the guy gremy created then there are at least 29.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    The number of stern riter is murky IMO. More than two people can have the same letter at the same time remember? Royd and Loyd had Y, ishida and juhabach have A and gremy created a second stern riter with the letter V. There are 26 letters, one of which belongs to juhabach. If we count juhabach then there are at least 28 stern riter. If we count the guy gremy created then there are at least 29.
    I forgot about the twins my bad. They seem to be a special case since it was essential to the twist to get rid of Yama etc. I doubt there is another like them. At most I could see Kubo making a sternritter having two letters at once or multipe meaning for a letter though that is likely unlikely as well ...it's possible.

Juha Bach isn't a sternritter and the Vanishing Point wasn't a real sternritter.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast