Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fairest of Them All: A Claymore Character Tournament

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Number A's Avatar
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore The Fairest of Them All: A Claymore Character Tournament

And the winner is. . .

Spoiler show

CONCEPT
    This month, we settled once-and-for-all a question which has preoccupied the fandom since Teresa's first appearance in 2002: Who’s the most attractive warrior?

Our means of resolution was a two-phase tournament: we opened with a ‘hot or not’ style elimination round from which the top 32 candidates (as ranked by ‘hot’ votes) proceeded to the current phase where the real fun begins. Every two days, a new pair of matchups will be posted on this thread. The winner proceeded to the next round.

TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE

RESULTS

All times subject to change.

Round 1.1: Clarice: 65.52%, Rigaldo 34.48%; Galatea: 89.66%, Hilda: 10.34%
    Round 1.2: Alicia: 68.63%, Beth: 31.37%3; Hysteria: 52.94%, Helen: 47.06%
    Round 1.3: Lily: 43.14%, Riful: 56.86%; Cynthia: 70.59%, Audrey: 29.41%
    Round 1.4: Isley: 36.59%, Deneve: 63.41%; Priscilla: 60.89%, Renee 39.02%
    Round 1.5: Flora: 75.68%, Rafaela: 24.32%; Dietrich: 59.46%, Yuma: 40.54%.
    Round 1.6: Clare: 78.43%, Ophelia: 21.57%; Agatha: 56.86%, Roxanne: 43.14%
    Round 1.7: Tabitha: 35.56%, Anastasia: 64.44%; Teresa: 82.22%, Sophia: 17.78%
    Round 1.8: Luciela: 40.00%, Miria: 60.00%; Cassandra: 37.50%, Octavia: 62.50%
    Round 2.1: Clarice: 42.86%, Alicia: 57.14%; Galatea: 73.81%, Hysteria: 26.19%
    Round 2.2: Riful: 51.79%, Deneve: 48.21%; Cynthia: 73.21%, Priscilla: 26.79%
    Round 2.3: Flora: 52.08%, Clare: 47.92%; Dietrich: 70.83%, Agatha: 29.17%
    Round 2.4: Anastasia: 41.43%, Miria: 58.57%; Teresa: 52.86%, Octavia: 47.14%
    Round 3.1: Alicia: 52.05%, Riful: 47.95%; Galatea 67.12%, Cynthia 32.88%
    Round 3.2: Flora: 59.04%, Miria: 40.96%; Dietrich: 38.55%, Teresa 61.54%
    Round 4.1: Alicia: 50.79%, Flora: 49.21%; Galatea: 50.79%, Teresa: 49.21%
    Round 4.2: Alicia: 35.14%, Galatea: 64.86%

ADMIN ANNOUNCEMENTS

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Number A; May 06, 2014 at 06:31 AM.

2. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leroid's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Fairest of Them All: A Claymore Character Tournament

I plan on spreading the word on other forums but at this time of the month not many people visit them. Instead I will wait till the weekend. Then there should be more people around since they would be expecting spoilers.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

YES! THANK YOU! The whole point of the format is we enable non-MH votes so the more outside promotion that gets done the better~!

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

Is anyone here any good with photoshop? There will be a fair amount of image resizing to do at some point and their smoothing algorithms are much better than those of Sumopaint and Pixlr. If you're able and willing to help out, PM me.

UPDATE: Photoshop access problem == solved. 30 day trial periods FTW~!
    Last edited by Number A; March 26, 2014 at 03:56 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Number A View Post
    YES! THANK YOU! The whole point of the format is we enable non-MH votes so the more outside promotion that gets done the better~!

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

Is anyone here any good with photoshop? There will be a fair amount of image resizing to do at some point and their smoothing algorithms are much better than those of Sumopaint and Pixlr. If you're able and willing to help out, PM me.
    i cant do anything with photo shop or anything like that(i cant even really use paint)

are we looking for Manga only ?
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a photoshoper, but I don´t have the program in the computer...
    sorry for not being able to help with this amazing idea.

Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nanozom View Post
    I am a photoshoper, but I don´t have the program in the computer...
    No worries, Adobe Photoshop CC has a 30 day free trial period so I've got it up and running on mine ^_^

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: It's not obvious from my profile, but I live in Australia. What this means is that everything I say about days of the week will be a day ahead of what many of you will perceive (I said this contest starts Monday, most of you will see it starting Sunday). All my time-related announcements will be given in AEST (my timezone) and will include a date. Check worldclock if you want to know what they correspond to in your corner of the globe.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Even thoug I am looking forward to this, I think that overratedly overrated Roxanne (I will never get what is so great about her?) will win.
    Interested in Roleplay?
    Whether you only want to spectate or to participate, come and join us:
    Klick me!

Quote Originally Posted by General Nele Rea Sanka
    People might forget you. People might forget what you did. But what you did will always be there.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kstefan88 View Post
    Even thoug I am looking forward to this, I think that overratedly overrated Roxanne (I will never get what is so great about her?) will win.
    I don't see how she would win, she is not that attractive. Roxanne really does look like a cheap whore.

This contest, are we supposed to judge them on their looks alone, or looks and personality?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    I don't see how she would win, she is not that attractive. Roxanne really does look like a cheap whore.

This contest, are we supposed to judge them on their looks alone, or looks and personality?
    i assume it is just based on looks.

Even tho i think this poll will just end in fighting lol(as no matter what anyone says Claymore1 will always think Roxanne looks like "a cheap whore", and no matter if they won Jean still looks like a butch football player, and probably tied for uglyest warrior with Rachel)

But still a good idea, but A are we voting on looks alone or do we factor in personality ?(because Teresa is kinda hot but she has the worst personality of all warriors...she is the biggest bitch i was so glad she got her head cut off...she so had it coming)
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Even tho i think this poll will just end in fighting lol(as no matter what anyone says Claymore1 will always think Roxanne looks like "a cheap whore", and no matter if they won Jean still looks like a butch football player, and probably tied for uglyest warrior with Rachel)
    I never said that Jean was the prettiest, because she certainly is not. The only reason I have her for my avatar is that at the time I created my original account (on AnimeSuki) I was just at the part in the Anime where Jean sacrificed herself for Clare. I did it in memory of her .
    And since I have had this avatar for so long I don't want to change it. And it is not just Roxanne who looks like a prostitute, I have always thought that Hysteria looked like one too. From the very beginning, even before learning about how terrible Roxanne actually was, that is how they both appeared.

Quote Quote:
    But still a good idea, but A are we voting on looks alone or do we factor in personality ?(because Teresa is kinda hot but she has the worst personality of all warriors...she is the biggest bitch i was so glad she got her head cut off...she so had it coming)
    No, Roxanne is still the worst. Teresa was bad at first but she redeemed herself when she started traveling with Clare. Teresa's personality completely changed and she turned into a better person. And don't forget about Renee, she was ugly and her personality was bad. Yuma or Cynthia probably are the best when you combine their personality's with their looks.
    Last edited by Claymore1; March 26, 2014 at 01:15 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    No, Roxanne is still the worst. Teresa was bad at first but she redeemed herself when she started traveling with Clare. Teresa's personality completely changed and she turned into a better person. And don't forget about Renee, she was ugly and her personality was bad. Yuma or Cynthia probably are the best when you combine their personality's with their looks.
    a few days with clare(who was annoying as a human and worse as a Warrior) dose not make up for years of Teresa being a colossal bitch. the only cool thing Teresa ever did(besides dieing) was when she offered herself up to those bandits...like "oh you wanna rape me.....here ya go come and get it"
    an example of a warrior with a bad personality that gets redeemed would be Undine(her rude personality was a way for her to protect the weak)

you are right Renee is quite unattractive. But her personality was no worse then any others(for example she is no where near as bad as Ophelia)

Cynthia is a cutie.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    a few days with clare(who was annoying as a human and worse as a Warrior) dose not make up for years of Teresa being a colossal bitch
    Well yes it does,

Spoiler: Teresa's change of heart show

Teresa's attitude completely changed after this and she showed genuine affection for Clare.

Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

ANNOUNCEMENT This is a beauty contest, votes should be cast based on outward appearance. If inner beauty is your thing, fair enough, but please try to keep your decisions as aesthetically-based as possible.
    Last edited by Number A; March 26, 2014 at 03:41 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    Well yes it does,

Spoiler: Teresa's change of heart show

Teresa's attitude completely changed after this and she showed genuine affection for Clare.
    That is the worst scene in the Manga and Anime.
    And to put it in perspective if i am an ass to you for YEARS but then i say "oh we are really the same" and am nice to you for a week dose that week of being nice make up for the years of me being mean to you?
    same goes for Teresa...

To quote Stannis Baratheon "A good deed dose not wipe out the bad, nor a bad wipe out the good"
    So Teresa was still an awful person, she was really only nice to clare(for a short time, and had the bandits not attacked Teresa would have left Clare in that village). But she did do nice things for Clare and did save her life from the bandits(and even was willing to die to hurt the people who hurt Clare....and i think the reason she did not let the other warriors kill her at her execution is because she knew the MiB would turn clare into a warrior which is something Teresa did not want for clare)

And was it not implied that Teresa hated humans, due to the fact that she felt betrayed by her family who sold her to the Org.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

ANNOUNCEMENT This is a beauty contest, votes should be cast based on outward appearance. If inner beauty is your thing, fair enough, but please try to keep your decisions as aesthetically-based as possible.
    Ok! sweet

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    That is the worst scene in the Manga and Anime.
    I feel like most people would disagree with that statement considering that it is one of the best scenes.

Quote Quote:
    And to put it in perspective if i am an ass to you for YEARS but then i say "oh we are really the same" and am nice to you for a week dose that week of being nice make up for the years of me being mean to you?
    same goes for Teresa...
    Clare only knew Teresa for a few days before Teresa changed heart. Everything else before that is irrelevant.

Quote Quote:
    So Teresa was still an awful person, she was really only nice to clare
    So, to you, people can never change?

Quote Quote:
    And was it not implied that Teresa hated humans, due to the fact that she felt betrayed by her family who sold her to the Org.
    That is how most claymores feel. They don't treat humans kindly because humans don't treat them kindly.
    Last edited by Claymore1; March 26, 2014 at 07:52 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast