Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fairest of Them All: A Claymore Character Tournament

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Fairest of Them All: A Claymore Character Tournament

Quote Quote:
    So, to you, people can never change?
    Teresa did change...she went from alive to dead

But i do see where you are going with this. Teresa was a bitch met clare and instantly became a good person.

But in my opinion that scene was awful it turned one of the bitchiest most bad ass warriors into a blubbering baby(tho she did redeem herself when she sliced and diced all those bandits)....Plus i am one of the few people who dont really like Clare(and i absolutely hated her when she was a human) she was cool in her fight with Rigaldo i will give her that....she looked bad ass in that fight
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't call Renee ugly, though her looks were rather unique - she didn't quite look like the caucasian/western type of other Claymores. Instead she seemed to have very tanned skin, like she was from some tropical place... And well, she seemed quite *ahem* 'stacked'. Honestly, on a 1 to 10 scale, I'd give her a solid 8.

In sheer physical attractiveness however, and discarding personality completely, I'd say Teresa, Anastasia, Galatea and Hysteria are a 10. Maybe even 11...
    When you've reached the bottom, you can always dig yourself deeper - just use a shovel.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Irene's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

This seems interesting, but I'm guessing Flora, Galatea, Dietrich, and Teresa are going to get a ton of votes. Renee and Rachel are the least attractive characters as far as looks go, aside from those creepy twins. Ophelia and Cassandra are definitely the most attractive characters in Claymore, though. We all know Riful's a fox, too...especially in her awakened form!

Last edited by Irene; March 28, 2014 at 01:34 PM.
    Galarene <3

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Irene View Post
    This seems interesting, but I'm guessing Flora, Galatea, Dietrich, and Teresa are going to get a ton of votes.
    Teresa? Really? She is badass, yes but not especially beautiful. A ton of characters are prettier than her.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Teresa? Really? She is badass, yes but not especially beautiful. A ton of characters are prettier than her.
    I agree with you. I don't find her to be one of the more physically beautiful characters, but a lot of other people seem to (probably because her boobs seem to be the biggest).

I quickly gave ratings to the initial list (and added some missing names), just to see where they would end up at:

Abigail: 3
    Agatha: 5
    Alicia: 7.5
    Anastasia: 7
    Audrey: 7
    Beth: 7.5
    Cassandra: 10
    Cassandra’s Friend: 7.5
    Chronos: N/A
    Clare: 8.25
    Clare’s Rival: 0
    Clarice: 6
    Claudia: 5
    Claymore of Jean’s team: 7 (half her body was missing…though)
    Cynthia: 8.5
    Deneve: 7.25
    Dietrich: 7.75
    Duff: -1
    Elizabeth: 7.5
    Eva: 5
    Flora: 8.5
    Galatea: 8.5
    Helen: 7.75
    Hilda: 6
    Hysteria: 8
    Irene: 8.51
    Isley: N/A
    Jean: 7
    Karla: 5
    Lily: 6
    Luciela: 7.5
    Miata: 9 (her hair!!!)
    Miria: 7.75
    Neideen: 3
    Nina: 7.5
    Noel: 6
    Octavia: 7.5
    Ophelia: 10
    Priscilla: 3
    Queenie: 4
    Rachel: 0
    Rafaela: 3
    Raftela: 7
    Renee: 0
    Riful: 9 (esp. awakened, haha!)
    Rigardo: N/A
    Rosemary: 2
    Roxanne: 7
    Sophia: 6
    Tabitha: 7.25
    Teresa: 7.51
    Undine: 8 (in normal form, she’s so cute!)
    Uranus: 5
    Veronica: 8
    Yuma: 8.5
    Zelda: 6.5
    Last edited by Irene; March 28, 2014 at 06:55 PM.
    Galarene <3

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm too lazy to go through the entire list...

Alicia : 9
    Anastasia : 10
    Audrey : 9
    Beth : 9
    Cassandra : 7
    Clare : 8
    Clarice : 7.5
    Cynthia : 8 (is more 'cute' than 'hot')
    Deneve : 8
    Dietrich : 8
    Flora : 9
    Galatea : 10
    Helen : 7.5
    Hysteria : 10
    Irene : 8.5
    Miria : 9
    Octavia : 9
    Priscilla : 8.5 (in human-form AB, not as a Claymore)
    Raftela : 7.5
    Renee : 8.5
    Riful : 6 (when Yagi first drew her - her face was odd!) - 8 (in later appearances)
    Tabitha : 7
    Teresa : 10
    Yuma : 8 (is more 'cute' than 'hot')
    When you've reached the bottom, you can always dig yourself deeper - just use a shovel.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dany le fou View Post
    Anastasia : 10
    Cassandra : 7
    Renee : 8.5
    I've never understood why so many people find Anastasia attractive. She's one of my least favorite characters (especially due to her technique), but her hair makes her look a bit goofy, for instance, here:
    Spoiler show

Rating Renee (not quite as ugly as Rachel) over Cassandra (perhaps the most attractive character in the series) is blasphemy against Claymore. You forgot to rate Ophelia.
    Galarene <3

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Number A's Avatar
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Renee is hot! It's a little hard to see because she spends all her time looking freaked out (can you blame her?) but she's got the goods.

As for Yuma, she's adorable and every now and again you get moments like panel 6.*sings badly* Baby you light up my world like nobody else/The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed/But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell/You don't kno-o-ow, YOU DON'T KNOW YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!!! *contest cancelled due to admin being strangled by flatmate*

Since I'm expressing opinions on the contestants, I would like to make the following statement.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I will NOT abuse my power as contest admin to influence results such that they reflect my own personal opinions. My vote is as good as yours.
    Last edited by Number A; March 28, 2014 at 08:42 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: My List show

Quote Quote:
    I've never understood why so many people find Anastasia attractive. She's one of my least favorite characters (especially due to her technique), but her hair makes her look a bit goofy,

Rating Renee (not quite as ugly as Rachel) over Cassandra (perhaps the most attractive character in the series) is blasphemy against Claymore. You forgot to rate Ophelia.
    I agree with you here, I never thought that Anastasia was that pretty. And Cassandra is the prettiest of the resurrected number ones.
    Last edited by Claymore1; March 29, 2014 at 09:12 AM.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

*shrug* it's just a matter of opinion, seriously there wouldn't be a need for beauty contests if everyone agreed - though apparently everyone agrees on Rachel at least . And honestly, it's difficult to tell how attractive a character is meant to be - in chapter 5, Clare was described as 'gorgeous', but I wouldn't go that far, there are more beautiful women in Claymore. I'll respect everyone's opinion even if they don't match mine, please give me the same courtesy.

And I didn't forget Ophelia, it's just that I can't rate her... When I did, I tried to overlook their quirks and personality flaws (seriously, Teresa and Hysteria look great IMO, but their personalities suck), but I can't help but remember Ophelia and Roxanne as complete psychos, which screws my perception... Then again, I'll admit that Ophelia was beautiful on her last page, with her hair down and that peaceful expression on her face.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

*shrug* it's just a matter of opinion, seriously there wouldn't be a need for beauty contests if everyone agreed - though apparently everyone agrees on Rachel at least . And honestly, it's difficult to tell how attractive a character is meant to be - in chapter 5, Clare was described as 'gorgeous', but I wouldn't go that far, there are more beautiful women in Claymore. I'll respect everyone's opinion even if they don't match mine, please give me the same courtesy.

And I didn't forget Ophelia, it's just that I can't rate her... When I did, I tried to overlook their quirks and personality flaws (seriously, Teresa and Hysteria look great IMO, but their personalities suck), but I can't help but remember Ophelia and Roxanne as complete psychos, which screws my perception... Then again, I'll admit that Ophelia was beautiful on her last page, with her hair down and that peaceful expression on her face.
    Ophelia became one of my favorite characters when I saw her last moments. She's the perfect expression of the psychological wounds due to traumas of the past that the Claymores harbor inside them, though in different degrees. Ophelia, unlike that witch Roxanne, found peace and understanding in her last moments. To me, it was a beautiful moment. She is a soul so wounded and scared, that it lashed out, and avoided dealing with its inner turmoil and confusion (she would need a lot of therapy, haha). I was really sad that she died, but there was no way she could stay once she awakened, and Yagi made her a perfect character for Claymore. I sometimes wish she would've lived and ended up on Clare's side. But she shares the name with Shakespeare's character from Hamlet, so I knew she was doomed from the start. But apart from this, only Ophelia and Cassandra are perfect 10s for me as far as bodily appearance is concerned.
    Galarene <3

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Ophelia and Ophelia share more than a name. The Shakespeare character also had a protective older brother (Laertes) and died picturesquely in a pond. Given that the Death Of Ophelia is such a theme in the 19th century art of which Yagi is a fan (Alphonse Mucha and Henri de Tolouse-Lautrec much?), I don't think this is coincidence.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member TStew's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    I never said that Jean was the prettiest, because she certainly is not. The only reason I have her for my avatar is that at the time I created my original account (on AnimeSuki) I was just at the part in the Anime where Jean sacrificed herself for Clare. I did it in memory of her .
    She was also my favorite character for a while, and my avatar was of her for a long time on another anime forum. I actually have her awakened image as the pic on my profile here. But yeah I never thought she was super hot looking or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Irene View Post
    I agree with you. I don't find her to be one of the more physically beautiful characters, but a lot of other people seem to (probably because her boobs seem to be the biggest).
    Yeah I admit thats probably one of the biggest factors for me, but really its the whole package. I love her long flowing hair too. I havent really decided on my top favorites overall, but she would be in top 5, just based on looks.

But looks vary with different artwork. I know of the characters that appear in the anime, I will always have those images in mind first over the manga. And some characters look very different even in just the manga. Also clothing can really make one seem more or less attractive. I didnt think Clare was super hot at first, in the organizations armor, but in the black outfit when she went to Rabona or the Ghost Clare is much more sexy lookin to me. A lot of characters didnt appear in more than one look though. Or some might have appeared different in just a quick glimps like Ophelia... totally not into the braid or the elf ears. But dang she looked nice on her final scene. Kinda hard to place her.

*shrug* it's just a matter of opinion, seriously there wouldn't be a need for beauty contests if everyone agreed
    Yeah there will be a wide range of opinions and would be nice if we accepted our differences and didnt try to bicker about it. But its nice to hear what aspects of the charcters others like and what they didnt.
    T~Stew

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sir Isley's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the following alot

Cassandra(This image probably has a lot to do with it)
    Renee(The hair & the fact that she's most likely AA)
    Luciela(I like the hair)

Here's my small thing about Roxanne's face.

Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

ANNOUNCEMENT: ROUND 0 VOTING NOW OPEN!!! See the header post of this thread for details, and PM me if there are any issues.

New Reply
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast