Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2014 Anime Preview Guide

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Summer 2014 Anime Preview Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Hanayamata has potential to be this summer's Non Non Biyori or Gochiusa, a funny, relaxing, enjoyably quirky comedy.
    Oh? I saw the word "ordinary" short summary and my brain also short circuited to associate Yosakoi with youkai, so, I thought it wasn't anything like that.
    I should give it a try, as well, then.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I'm kind of disappointed to see Psycho-Pass getting an edited version instead of season 2, haha.
    Season two will air in the fall, and the series will conclude with a theatrical movie in January 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Oh? I saw the word "ordinary" short summary and my brain also short circuited to associate Yosakoi with youkai, so, I thought it wasn't anything like that.
    I should give it a try, as well, then.
    No PV yet, but It looks like exactly the type of anime you'd like. Don't miss Nozaki-kun either. It's love comedy from the studio that animated Mikakunin. The first PV is posted to the OP.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That chart seems to have omissions as well, and I just realized it had Psycho Pass, like Kaiten pointed out. But Ill make my list in a bit.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    That chart seems to have omissions as well, and I just realized it had Psycho Pass, like Kaiten pointed out. But Ill make my list in a bit.
    There will be a Psycho-Pass recap over the summer. Eleven, hour long episodes. That is why it's on the summer list. I don't use the list for reference anymore. It's a relic of the past. It's only updated a few times, containing little relevant information, like cast and staff. There are so many sites now that have all the info from the chart, but can be updated regularly. I use livechart as a quick reference. I also try and keep the OP updated with detailed information and best available PV's. That being said, I don't see any notable omissions from the first summer chart.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    No PV yet, but It looks like exactly the type of anime you'd like. Don't miss Nozaki-kun either. It's love comedy from the studio that animated Mikakunin. The first PV is posted to the OP.
    Okay, added now. Since the number is a bit lower than usual, I can check out more stuff as season gets going. I might ask around for more recommendations here, as well.
    Nozaki-kun is one of the most prominent anime for me for summer, one that I'm hyped up about, along with KanColle. My darkhorse at the moment is Jinsei. Looks very interesting to me. Could be the kind of peaceful humor I love watching, judging by the synopsis.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you that Yama no Susume is pretty average, in every aspect. I'm not saying that because it's basically cute girls doing cute stuff (lol), but simply because it's not doing a particularly good job with that. The shorts were okay (watched them back when they aired), the 30 minutes or so it amounts to is no big deal, but it's definitely not something to expect great things of. Just saying. Was pretty surprised to see a second season, especially considering that it was pretty badly received over here. Surely the japanese might feel different, so who knows, but it definitely isn't anything special. I probably won't watch the second season. Give me more K-On or Hanasaku Iroha instead, that's what I would consider shows doing a good job with this particular type of story.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Okay, added now. Since the number is a bit lower than usual, I can check out more stuff as season gets going. I might ask around for more recommendations here, as well.
    Nozaki-kun is one of the most prominent anime for me for summer, one that I'm hyped up about, along with KanColle. My darkhorse at the moment is Jinsei. Looks very interesting to me. Could be the kind of peaceful humor I love watching, judging by the synopsis.
    I'm not sure what to expect from Jinsei. The story looks appealing, it's the type of show I usually enjoy. At the least I think it could be comparable to something like Outbreak Company or Gaworare. Until at least key art is published, I am hedging my bets a little, not getting my expectations too high. But I do agree, I think it has a good chance to be the "surprise" series of the summer. I'm tempering expectations, but it is definitely on my list.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Free! 2 cm

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Persona 4: Golden Anime announced for July:

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah sure let's turn Persona 3 into a bunch of movies and adapt P4 a second time... Makes a lot of sense...

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Then again, Kaiten will love it.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently it's going to be a remake with some new scenes. Hopefully it will be good like the original one.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The few scenes added during the main game dont alter the story much in the transition from Persona 4 to Persona 4 Golden. The truly rich amount of content would still come post where P4A ended, so hopefully they end up racing through the main story just to get to the new content, adapt a certain ending, and at least do that other dungeon and boss fight.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't bet on that. It is A-1 after all. It will air this summer? 2,5 years after the first version was finished?
    Sorry this is ridiculous. Sure Golden has a new character, fills some plotholes and Marie is not bad (although most fans dislike her...) but I don't get it. Why not make a Persona 3 Anime in the first place? Or Persona 2?

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    The few scenes added during the main game dont alter the story much in the transition from Persona 4 to Persona 4 Golden. The truly rich amount of content would still come post where P4A ended, so hopefully they end up racing through the main story just to get to the new content, adapt a certain ending, and at least do that other dungeon and boss fight.
    If it is like the first version that means 2 or 3 more episodes at best.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Only reason I can see for the anime (well apart from them betting on it selling as much as the first did), is to keep hype up for Persona 4 Dancing and Persona 4 Ultimate Arena 2 :/

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Why didn't they just make an Anime out of P4A? the story was great too and it would've been something new. A Golden OVA would've been more than enough!

New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast