Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

Title: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
    Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Apr 5, 2014 to ?
    Producers: David Production
    Genres: Action, Adventure
    Based on a Manga: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders

Synopsis:

In a Japanese jail sits 17-year-old Jotaro Kujo: punk, fighter, delinquent...and possessed by a force beyond his control! Around the world, evil spirits are awakening: "Stands," monstrous invisible creatures which give their bearers incredible powers. To save his mother's life, Jotaro must tame his dark forces and travel around the world to Cairo, Egypt, where a hundred-year-old vampire thirsts for the blood of his family. But the road is long, and an army of evil Stand Users wait to kill JoJo and his friends..

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

JoJo got licensed by CR. Now I think I'll be able to stay calm and not watch RAWs all the time .

---------- Post added April 04, 2014 at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was April 02, 2014 at 10:13 PM ----------

It's fabulous! The animation is great, the Stands look good, the budget is really higher and they kept Avdol's original's name.

Jotaro is badass and Holy is the best mom ever. No ED this time.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome first episode as expected, Jotaro is awesome, Joseph continues awesome (despite the age XD), everything is awesome. Can't wait to see the next episode and begin a more inteligent discussion about this (without "awesome" everywhere XD). Until now, I can say that the story is very promissing.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Crunchyroll experience for this was rather shocking, the intro water scene was pretty bad though seemed to set the stage for how the rest of the episode would be. Really uninteresting and slow start combined with difficult to believe and accept ability systems. It seemed to jump on the spirit animals craze and used it in weird ways, well like gifs on the net show with the spirit animals and the fire, the cops cant see it? What is the point of the fire then?

Jotaru comes across as unlikeable and rude and really needs much work to be more likeable and interesting. I hope he gets a friend or something to help pull out his best points. The belts is a good part of his design, but the personality needs works. Unlike Joseph who could really carry things and was even more enhanced perfectly matched with Caasar, Jotaru really just has nothing going on for him.
    Last edited by SharkBait; April 05, 2014 at 08:46 AM.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Who would call his/her own mother "bitch"? XD
    Jotaru really is an odd one, but I'm sure that deep down he's really a nice guy like his mom said. LOL
    Anyway this first episode of Stardust Crusaders was a pure win for me and I already love seeing the Stand animated and their BIZARRE powers.
    Oh and even though Joseph aged, he's still trhe best character of this series in my opinion.
    Can't wait for the next episode already! I want moar.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome. Episode one was simply amazing, more than meeting my expectations. Ono Daisuke was perfect as Jotaro. I love the contrasting personalities between Joseph in Battle Tendency and Jotaro in Stardust Crusaders. The animation, directing, and score were as good as JoJo's Part One and Two. I can't wait for more.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

I sort of get the feeling that Jotaro could end up being the most GAR character in anime history. Not even Kamina would be drinking beer, in a jail cell, surrounded by manga and a radio, ordering the police around.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

ORAORAORA VS EMERALD SPLASH! .

OP is good, I like how relevant Jonathan and Joseph are.

The characters were really made to be animated, I like Holy a lot more, old Joseph too.

DP is doing a perfect job, if they keep the same quality I will give it a 10/10 again.

That harem scene was priceless, it's way better animated .

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The oppening is the best of the season, I've never see something like that outside of Jojo's animes.
    The episode was very good as well with the first series fight. Jotaro doesn't seem an amateur controlling his stand, but he destroyed his school, which is a negative point.

The girls in the beginning of the episode was hilarious and before Jotaro say something, I thought that he would say to them shut up, I was right, awesome.
    Looking forward to the next episode.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent work Jotaro, that's how you make crazy fangirls shut up. LOL
    You said everything about this episode; awesome OP, awesome action and awesome humour.
    Especially that ORAORAORA was so cool that I enjoyed watching it (and who wouldn't do that. LOL).
    Definitely looking forward to watching the next episode and see other Stands.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

And the journey starts I really like the SOL moments more in the anime . This episode was perfect again, I had forgotten how awesome Star Platinum was.

Great ED.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

As always another splendid episode and the END came as a surprise to me. XD
    In any case I simply loved how Jotaro saved Kakyouin with Star Platinum as if it was nothing. LOL
    And talking about Star Platinum, damn, he's one hell of a Stand! It's precise and very strong.
    As for the rest, I laughed a bit when Avdol said hat he ran for his life when he met Dio in his homeland; I guess that would be the best course of action after meeting a monster. LOL
    And now, the journey has finally begun! I can't wait to watch the next episodes.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

For Holly's sake, the journey begins, now things will get excited. The airplane will be the first stage.

---------- Post added April 25, 2014 at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was April 21, 2014 at 05:22 PM ----------

Episode 4

Battles with strategy are very good to watch and Jojo has plently of them. Use Emerald Splash to distract his opponent was awesome. The battle was short, but awesome. I already knew that they wouln't reach Egypt that easy, it will be a road full of battles and the different stands will make everything very interesting.
    Let's see what Silver Chariot has to show us...

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    For Holly's sake, the journey begins, now things will get excited. The airplane will be the first stage.

---------- Post added April 25, 2014 at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was April 21, 2014 at 05:22 PM ----------

Episode 4

Battles with strategy are very good to watch and Jojo has plently of them. Use Emerald Splash to distract his opponent was awesome. The battle was short, but awesome. I already knew that they wouln't reach Egypt that easy, it will be a road full of battles and the different stands will make everything very interesting.
    Let's see what Silver Chariot has to show us...
    I agree with what you said.
    The battle between Kakyouin and Tower of Gray was awesome indeed, becuase there was strategy, strenghth and also luck, something that in Jojo is always present.
    As for Polnareff and his stand, I'm already liking them and as far as Silver Chariot is concerned, I think that his main strenght is the speed, considering what he has done with the flames.
    Looking forward to the next episode as always.

MH Senpai 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Does it seem like this season has a bigger budget? Everything looks more polished, and the animation is more smooth. Anyways what is very interesting is how each arc (thusfar at least) has different characters, takes place in a different time period, different location, and a different MC.

This anime is my first real experience with the famed JoJo Bizarre Adventure, I'm seeing why it is so venerated.

This new fencing stand seems like the coolest yet btw.
    Last edited by jakensama; May 02, 2014 at 12:38 AM.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Polnareff Vs Avdol for now is my favourite fight and I'm saying this when we're just at the beginning of the journey. XD
    I really liked this episode and I'm glad that another companion joined in (even Joseph was happy, but only after Jotaro took off from Polnareff's forehead the flesh bud). LOL
    Now, I can't wait to see how this journey will continue.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast