Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Mushishi Zoku Shou

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Mushishi Zoku Shou

Title: Mushishi Zoku Shou
    Episodes: 12
    Aired: Apr 5, 2014 to ?
    Producers: Artland
    Genres: Supernatural, Mystery
    Based on a Manga: Mushishi

Synopsis:

Second season of Mushishi.

MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mushishi Zoku Shou

Other than "The Wind Rises", I have not watched anime in a long time. However I am really, really looking forward to this. Mushishi is up there with my absolute favorite anime I've ever seen. Can't wait.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Another English song for OP, I like this one better than the 1st.

Classic Mushishi episode, I wasn't expecting to see that Izaya guy. An alcoholic Mushi , the story was beautiful as usual.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Really nice opening episode. They really captured the feel that made the 1st season so special.

---------- Post added April 17, 2014 at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was April 10, 2014 at 07:00 PM ----------

Second episode was a masterpiece, such emotion, such believable characters, such a wonderful job of transporting you to that time period/that world.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Toki lost his memories when his sister died, but why did he lost it? Was it because of the Mushi? Or he just didn't want to think about it?

The episode was good but they could have explained how the problem was solved better.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Toki lost his memories when his sister died, but why did he lost it? Was it because of the Mushi? Or he just didn't want to think about it?

The episode was good but they could have explained how the problem was solved better.
    I think the Mushi basically cooled down his body and mind, leading to him pretty much turning apathetic. When the warmth returned thanks to his girlfriend, everything went back into motion and the memories and feelings started to flood back into his mind. Kinda like waking up from hibernation.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Basically the episode was really about the arbitrariness of life. Some snowflakes fall on water, and are lost forever. Some fall on the ground and accumulate as snow. Because of the mushi, some of the snow that fell into the water never melted. Toki's sister was like snow melting after it fell on water. Tae was like the snow that fell on the ice, after the lake freezes over. Toki was like the snow that fell to the bottom, blanketing him, that kept it's form. He survived, but was injured. The snow did not choose where it fell, it was simply a coincidence whether it fell over the unfrozen lake, on land, or fell after it was cold enough for the lake to freeze. The message was that life is the same. Sometimes life, the good and the bad, is an accident of timing, being in the right place, or wrong, at the right time.

Forgetting that his sisters body had been recovered was not related to the mushi. It was wishful thinking based on his own recovery after falling in.

Quote Quote:
    Tokoyukimushi steal the body heat from their host. Toki's acclimation to the cold, and aversion to the heat, was mental. The mushi were deceiving him in order to maintain a body temperature that they found comfortable. That is why he still got frostbite, despite being able to tolerate the cold. He was comfortable in freezing cold, but even moderate heat made him uncomfortable. Even touching Ginko's hand made him feel like he was burning. Tokoyukimushi's natural environment is snowy, cold conditions. They depart from the host in the spring. Tae's body heat either killed them, or forced them to flee.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode eight was wonderful. Life has a will of it's own, independent of individual desire. Trying to bend the world to personal wants and needs will only bring misery. Acting in harmony with life as it is best maximizes results.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Caught up and completed.

An episode about Ginko, it's to hear him cursing or maybe it's the first time. Basically the mountain lord trapped him to get all his Kouki, I was not expecting to see a turtle.

My favorite part was definitely the scene with the animals healing in the mud. This season has been very good like the first one, 8/10 for me.

New Reply