Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 83

Thread: Haikyuu!!

  1. #31
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Haikyuu!!

    Both Nishinoya and Asahi seem to be likeable characters and I can't wait wait to watch the both of them play together once again.
    As for the rest, that Ukai guy will surely come coaching Hinata and the others; this way Karasuno will become a great team again.
    Loving Hinata's and Kageyama's interactions as always. XD

  2. #32
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,013
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Haikyuu!!

    Episode 9:

    Woah what an epic episode. I hardly know the new guys and I already root for them.
    Those guys really are a great team. Asahi destroyed that block!

    So they have a coach, the ace is back and they also have an awesome Libero now. What is left?

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #33
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,085
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Haikyuu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 9:

    Woah what an epic episode. I hardly know the new guys and I already root for them.
    Those guys really are a great team. Asahi destroyed that block!

    So they have a coach, the ace is back and they also have an awesome Libero now. What is left?
    If you want to know

    Spoiler show


    Haikyuu is only starting for real now, it's going to get even better from this point on.

    Have to say that was even better than the manga though, they portrayed Asahi and Nishinoya so damn well. This will be a great adaption, no doubt

  5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #34
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Haikyuu!!

    Damn, I got really teary-eyed when Asahi asked for a toss with that scream; that's why I loved this episode.
    I'm really happy that the team is complete once again and if they will play in the next games like they did in this one, then things will just become more and more interesting.
    Looking forward to the next episode.

  7. #35
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Haikyuu!!

    I burst into laughter at the reaction of the coach after witnessing Hinata and Tobio's skills. I didn't like the problem with Asahi too much, good thing that it resolved quickly, seeing him asking for the toss was great.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #36
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Haikyuu!!

    All the pieces are now together, let's go play against Nekoma!

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #37
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Haikyuu!!

    "What's the matter with you guys? Are you freaks?"

    Drama over height. Lot of greats moments and quotes but the best part was Kageyama's speech, he is so polite now too, like a different character . Training camp next ep.

  12. #38
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Haikyuu!!

    It was really a nice game and I'm glad that Karasuno is slowly returning to how it used to be: a strong team.
    I simply love the interactions between all the players in Karasuno, because they're always so funny and also very inspiring.
    Now I can't wait to see how this training camp will be.

  13. #39
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,013
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Haikyuu!!

    Hinata is still insecure because of his hight... But thanks to the king he can hopefully live with his role. He is very important to the team after all.
    And they really look like a strong team. Asahi is awesome. So much power.

    But... Who will play in the friendly match? And will they already wear those awesome jerseys?

  14. #40
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Haikyuu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Hinata is still insecure because of his hight... But thanks to the king he can hopefully live with his role. He is very important to the team after all.
    And they really look like a strong team. Asahi is awesome. So much power.

    But... Who will play in the friendly match? And will they already wear those awesome jerseys?
    They really look like a strong team at first, but their defense is crappy and good opponentes can deal with Hinata quick strike, they have to improve a lot and you will see it clearer against Nekoma. Nekoma is in another level.

  15. #41
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,085
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Haikyuu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Hinata is still insecure because of his hight... But thanks to the king he can hopefully live with his role. He is very important to the team after all.
    And they really look like a strong team. Asahi is awesome. So much power.

    But... Who will play in the friendly match? And will they already wear those awesome jerseys?
    He can, if you want to know that much. Ofc that doesn't mean there won't be bitter stuff to swallow later on ;D
    Karasuno is such a great team though, I agree

    If you don't mind, only a minor spoiler that happens way later but that move is so damn cool and the comment so funny

    Spoiler show


    And I'm a huge fan of the drawing style anyway

    Who will play in the friendly match? You mean from Karasuno or the Nekoma guy's? They where teased in today's episodes ending, if you or someone else missed this (I nearly did lol). Regarding Karasuno's team I won't spoil anything~

    Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    They really look like a strong team at first, but their defense is crappy and good opponentes can deal with Hinata quick strike, they have to improve a lot and you will see it clearer against Nekoma. Nekoma is in another level.
    They are a strong team, but ofc that doesn't mean there aren't many other strong teams out there too. There is always room to improve, but they certainly are not a team I would call average XD

  16. #42
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Haikyuu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    They are a strong team, but ofc that doesn't mean there aren't many other strong teams out there too. There is always room to improve, but they certainly are not a team I would call average XD
    At this point they're just talented, not strong. They don't have the techinique necessary to compete against the best teams of Japan, during the anime it will be clearer and they will improve.
    Spoiler show

  17. #43
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,085
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Haikyuu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    At this point they're just talented, not strong. They don't have the techinique necessary to compete against the best teams of Japan, during the anime it will be clearer and they will improve.
    Spoiler show
    Oh well let's not get stuck on the term "strong". Are you weak/average because you can't compare to the strongest teams of Japan? I say no, maybe you say yes. My definition seems to be different to yours, so that's about it.

    On another note I guess we can agree on the fact that the anime is on par with the manga, or sometimes even better. I didn't expect anything less from the team behind the Kuroko anime, they sure know how to treat sports manga with lots of bishounen

  18. #44
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Haikyuu!!

    Well, it's the first team of a sports manga, they can't be already the best. But honestly I thought they were excellent at everything besides receiving after this episode, I guess I was intended by the author. I wonder if someone will crush Kageyama someday...

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Hinata is still insecure because of his hight... But thanks to the king he can hopefully live with his role. He is very important to the team after all.
    And they really look like a strong team. Asahi is awesome. So much power.

    But... Who will play in the friendly match? And will they already wear those awesome jerseys?
    DON'T CALL HIM LIKE THAT .

  19. #45
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Haikyuu!!

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Oh well let's not get stuck on the term "strong". Are you weak/average because you can't compare to the strongest teams of Japan? I say no, maybe you say yes. My definition seems to be different to yours, so that's about it.

    On another note I guess we can agree on the fact that the anime is on par with the manga, or sometimes even better. I didn't expect anything less from the team behind the Kuroko anime, they sure know how to treat sports manga with lots of bishounen
    Are you comparing them with whom? The team they played against now composed by a mix of senpais (who are not playing serious) and players of the club itself? In that case they are strong, I couldn't agree more.
    However, normally, when you say strong you are supposing that they can play in pair with the real strong teams and they're far from it.
    They are talented and have a future, but strong is a strong word to use at moment.

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts