Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Isshuukan Friends

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Isshuukan Friends

Title: Isshuukan Friends
    Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Apr 7, 2014 to ?
    Producers: Brains Base
    Genres: Slice of Life
    Based on a Manga: Isshuukan Friends

Synopsis:

Kaori Fujimiya is always alone because all of her happy memories, including time spent with her friends, disappear every Monday. Deciding that he wants to be friends with her anyway, Yuuki Hase tries to get close to Kaori each week, wishing that she would one day call him "a friend."

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Isshuukan Friends

Episode 1:

If there is one thing I don't like, it would be that the backgrounds looks like a dream sequence. Far too bright.
    Kaori is cute... Like really cute. So cruel... Always playing the "we aren't friends" card...
    Losing happy memories each week is a horrible condition...
    Yuuki is a really nice guy. Pretty sure friendship will evolve into love eventually... Not that that would be easy with a condition like that...

OP and ED are amazing.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; April 06, 2014 at 04:04 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh god, this show is so cute and sad that is going to be without a doubt one of my favourites for this season.
    The fact that her memories are erased after the start of a new week is terrible indeed, but I'm sure that love (because that's will happen in my opinion) will make her overcome such "disease" and thus living happy ever after.
    I want the next episode already!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Shogo is the best character, really. He seems to be one of those guys who are actually smarter than they initially look. He quickly assessed how Fujimiya considered Hase as an important person. The barrier between Fujimiya and Hase is a rather big one to overcome, though.

Hope they keep this quality up.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Perfect first episode, I liked a lot. The days passing and Kaori getting friendlier with Hase was the perfect pacing and it showed her true personality, but in the end, she had to cut her relationship with him... It is a painful situation, lose your memories every week and I wonder why it happens; they reveal it in the future, probably.
    Apparently, the interest of Hase towards her was sudden, but his friend said it was an old desire of him. It makes me think, and it is obvious I guess, that he likes her, he always likes her even before that and after knowing her situation he decided to act. It is very original way of conquering, to make either friends or lovers, IMO and I like it.
    I'm interested in this series, looking forward to the next episode.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Literally friendzoned for life .

At least Hase knows what he wants. It sucks to lose her memory every week, curious to see how this will play out.

Great episode.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Literally friendzoned for life .

At least Hase knows what he wants. It sucks to lose her memory every week, curious to see how this will play out.

Great episode.
    Just for one week, every week. I didn't know they decided to make an adaptation of that, I read it one week ago, perfect timing from me.
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Isshuukan Friends

Episode 2

I'm liking more and more this anime, what an incredible story. I cannot help but smile throughout the episode seeing they having fun, they are perfect for each other. However, I cannot help but getting sad because of them and their problem with memories, seems like that they say farewell forever to each other every week.
    In the first episode, I thought of making a diary with what happened in the entire weel and I wondered why she didn't do it; for a second she wanted to mention something that happened in the past about that, but she was cut in the middle of the phrase. Well, it is working so far, at least. I hope it helps them every week, although it will not relieve the pain of the farewell every weekend...
    I still want to know why it happens and if she will have more friends, episode 3 title suggested it. The more friends she has, more difficult to manage everything. I wonder if she will be fine.

With this 2nd episode, it rose up to 2nd place in my ranking.
    Last edited by Leoat12; April 13, 2014 at 10:00 PM.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    Episode 2

I'm liking more and more this anime, what an incredible story. I cannot help but smile throughout the episode seeing they having fun, they are perfect for each other. However, I cannot help but getting sad because of them and their problem with memories, seems like that they say farewell forever to each other every week.
    In the first episode, I thought of making a diary with what happened in the entire weel and I wondered why she didn't do it; for a second she wanted to mention something that happened in the past about that, but she was cut in the middle of the phrase. Well, it is working so far, at least. I hope it helps them every week, although it will not relieve the pain of the farewell every weekend...
    I still want to know why it happens and if she will have more friends, episode 3 title suggested it. The more friends she has, more difficult to manage everything. I wonder if she will be fine.

With this 2nd episode, it rose up to 2nd place in my ranking.
    Well, I can't really add anything else to what you already said.
    This show has such a bitter-sweet taste that I'couldn't help but getting addicted to it.
    I do hope that in the last episode she will be able to retain a part of the memories she made with Haze and, maybe, with other friends.
    Until then, I will keep enjoing any moment of the episodes to come.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Well, I can't really add anything else to what you already said.
    This show has such a bitter-sweet taste that I'couldn't help but getting addicted to it.
    I do hope that in the last episode she will be able to retain a part of the memories she made with Haze and, maybe, with other friends.
    Until then, I will keep enjoing any moment of the episodes to come.
    It's unlikely. The manga is ongoing, but yes I want her to have more friends.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Hase is a nice guy. Not everyone would be able to bear this. Partly why Fujimiya tried to lie that she remembered something. She knew this would be a hurting experience and did not want Hase to endure it, or maybe she wanted the one who she noted as her friend to endure it and stay by her side, but also thought that would be too selfish of her.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Still one of the most weird situations I've ever seen. I would say they are made for each other but imagine how hard it would be for Hase to fall in love with her... and she somewhat forgets him every week...
    Kaori has is really strong... Not breaking apart although she has to endure this again and again... I wonder if something could fix her situation?
    The diary was a nice idea... Too bad we couldn't hear her singing though.

Furthermore I wonder if the poster coming off in the ending means something.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

This hard situation just proves that he really loves her, otherwise, if it were just to be friends, he would have given up already. More than "weird", it is beautiful. Having to reconquer who you love every week is a huge prove of love.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean it is weird from a medical point of view.
    Apart from that it is more cruel than beautiful. Kaori has to start again each weak and thanks to that it is impossible to create a relationship.

I really wanna know why she has such aunique condition. Why only forget happy memories with friends?
    If family is okay, would marriage work then?

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It is not weird, it exists. Due to an accident someone can damage his/her brain and prejudice his/her memory of short duration. Her family is not included because she lives with them since she born, probably before the accident. I'm just supposing that an accident was the cause, but that way it is medically possible, I'm almost sure.

The situation is cruel, of course, beautiful is what Yuuki does for her.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast