Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Isshuukan Friends

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Isshuukan Friends

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    This hard situation just proves that he really loves her, otherwise, if it were just to be friends, he would have given up already. More than "weird", it is beautiful. Having to reconquer who you love every week is a huge prove of love.
    Are you kidding me? Sure it's pretty obvious at this point that Hase is fallin in love with her (or already is), but friendship is in no way inferior. Even if you are interested in someone without loving him, there's a lot you would be willing to do. If I would know about such a case, I would do the same as Hase, if only out of empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Still one of the most weird situations I've ever seen. I would say they are made for each other but imagine how hard it would be for Hase to fall in love with her... and she somewhat forgets him every week...
    Kaori has is really strong... Not breaking apart although she has to endure this again and again... I wonder if something could fix her situation?
    The diary was a nice idea... Too bad we couldn't hear her singing though.
    Could be what Leo said, an accident and/or some kind of trauma. Not surprised she's managed with that condition so far, she simply closed of her heart until Hase appeared. Now things are going to be much more painful for both sides, because harsh reality has to be faced. No doubt it will take a damn lot of willpower from both sides, until it eventually gets solved.

I really wanna know why she has such aunique condition. Why only forget happy memories with friends?
    If family is okay, would marriage work then?
    How could marriage work? I doubt this is solely related to the term "Friend", it comes down to forgeting everyone and everything related to people close to her (in heart), with the exception of her family. It has to be some trauma or rare brain disorder, where she simply forgets every new memory made with people close to her. A weird and prolly extremely rare case, but not impossible. I believe the only reason why she doesn't forget about her family is related to the fact that she's known and formed a bond with them for many years, her trauma or brain disorder probably appeared when she was way older.

Another explanation would be that she's been together with them pretty much every day, for her whole life, creating such a strong memory or bond that it can't be as easily forgotten as pretty fresh memories made with other people. That theory would give room for a possible solution too. Hase would need to make memories with her week after week, until the memories and bond pile up so much that she still remembers them, possibly. Memory doesn't simply disappear, it's prolly just there in a part her brain can't access for some reason. There's still so little we know about the human brain/mind, but if I had to take a wild guess, she has some type of anterograde amnesia (Loss of the ability to create new memories after the event that caused the amnesia, leading to a partial or complete inability to recall the recent past, while long-term memories from before the event remain intact).

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

She only told him about her condition after a couple of days and with a bit of insistence. Many people wouldn't have this patience only to be friends with someone. The entire class ignore her because everybody thinks that she is cold, but despite that Yuuki decided to know her, why? Because of his love for her, if it were just friendship he would act like the rest of the class.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

She only told him about her condition after a couple of days and with a bit of insistence. Many people wouldn't have this patience only to be friends with someone. The entire class ignore her because everybody thinks that she is cold, but despite that Yuuki decided to know her, why? Because of his love for her, if it were just friendship he would act like the rest of the class.
    You should consider the possibility that he's simply a kind-hearted guy who was interested in her without any feelings of love. Not sure what's so unbelievable about that. If he loved her right from the beginning, he could simply confess too. Shouting "I want to be friends with you" or "I'm in love with you" are both equally hard tasks to pull off, the former probably is an even more awkward and strange attempt, considering that's not really how you start a friendship, but an accepted way to confess your love.
    You make/made it sound like she behaved like a total ass, and Hase had to endure insults and whatnot. She accepted him rather easily in the end, and he noticed that she's a nice girl pretty early on. Besides her whole "Memory loss" case, she's a kind girl and not hard to deal with, so ofc most people would probably continue to try and help her, feelings of love or not.

Again, I'm not denying the possibility that he might have loved her right from the beginning, I imagine we will get some answers regarding that at one point anyway, but that you take it as a fact that he loved her without even considering the possibility of sheer curiosity or friendship is just wrong.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: This is not a spoiler show

Sometimes, you just can't leave people alone. You don't need to be romantically dying for that person to do that. While I do think that Hase was attracted to her, I highly doubt he had any sorts of deep emotions when he first wanted to be friends with Fujimiya. He didn't even know she was such a nice, friendly girl. He just saw how distant she was and tried to open her up a little bit. I have had friends who did the same for me in the past, so, I know for one that love isn't some sort of requirement to do something for people. In fact, if someone gives up on trying to get to know you in the first hurdle, I believe that person wasn't even trying his best to be friends with you sincerely.

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Jewel anime like that is what makes me watch anime. Incredible episode once again.

It was really funny when Hase introduced Shogo to her and Shogo's commentaries about the pink mood around them, it is so obvious they are made for each other.
    Shogo can be cold and he was a bit rude when he said that she can be lying, but he is a good person after all, he has the consciousness of not judging people that he doesn't know, he said it in the beginning when Hase asked him if he didn't like Fujimiya as well. Also, he protected Fujimiya from those annoying girls; really, I hate girls like those.
    With the help of Shogo and Hase, that roof will soon be filled with friends. It will be awesome. xD

As for the causes of her loss of memory, Shogo pointed out some interesting things; the possibility of a trauma is really high since the loss of memory is so selective. Well, bit by bit she is getting better, she only needed some exercise I guess, and desire to remember. We will know more about this in the future.

Isshuukan Friends is now my favorite of the season!
    Last edited by Leoat12; April 21, 2014 at 10:27 AM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Jewel anime like that is what makes me watch anime. Incredible episode once again.

It was really funny when Hase introduced Shogo to her and Shogo's commentaries about the pink mood around them, it is so obvious they are made for each other.
    Shogo can be cold and he was a bit rude when he said that she can be lying, but he is a good person after all, he has the consciousness of not judging people that he doesn't know, he said it in the beginning when Hase asked him if he didn't like Fujimiya as well. Also, he protected Fujimiya from those annoying girls; really, I hate girls like those.
    With the help of Shogo and Hase, that roof will soon be filled with friends. It will be awesome. xD

As for the causes of her loss of memory, Shogo pointed out some interesting things; the possibility of a trauma is really high since the loss of memory is so selective. Well, bit by bit she is getting better, she only needed some exercise I guess, and desire to remember. We will know more about this in the future.

Isshuukan Friends is now my favorite of the season!
    I agree, agree and agree. XD
    Simply one of the best episode so far; Kaori is starting to overcome her memory loss and maybe also her insecurities, considering that she faced those girls who were talking behind her back.
    Poor Hase though, he's the only one who Kaori didn't remember. LOL
    And Shogo, despite his behaviour, is really a good friend and person.
    I want the next episode already. XD

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, she has more confidence now than before. That annoying girls said one fact at least: she is different from before.

By thw way, the next episode title predicts the first crisis between them. I'm anxious to watch that. Now that I think about it, they cannot fight until the point Kaori throw the notebook away. All the effort would be in vain!
    Last edited by Leoat12; April 21, 2014 at 02:04 PM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, she has more confidence now than before. That annoying girls said one fact at least: she is different from before.

By thw way, the next episode title predicts the first crisis between them. I'm anxious to watch that. Now that I think about it, they cannot fight until the point Kaori throw the notebook away. All the effort would be in vain!
    Nah, she won't do that.
    Bickering between friends is pretty normal, so i'm sure that they will make up and go back to how they were before.
    Also that it's a normal thing to do between friends.
    Besides I really doubt that she would throw away her only hope of having friends and overcome her condition.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope so, but when you fight with someone you tends to do unreasonable things because you're angry. Fujimiya appears to be a calm person, I'm believing on her.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

While I dislike trash talking girls I can understand them a bit... They don't know what's wrong with her. She acts cold in class and that is exactly why Shogo was rather harsh too. Why should anybody believe a story like that from the get go? I'm just glad that Hase is a nice guy who doesn't care about that.
    Shogo is a good guy too although he is a bit distant. But he is saying what is on his mind. That is something I really like.

While it is true that this will turn into a love story at some point, I'm 100% sure that Hase would've done the same thing if Kaori was a boy. There are nice people like that.

And one more thing. NEVER underestimate the value of friendship. Especially not in fictional stories. It is completely likely that Hase really wants them to be FRIENDS. When or if he develops feelings is a completely different story.

Apparently they show all kinds of situations between friends... Doing stuff together on a free day... Eating lunch togetehr at school... And fighting. Looking forward to that.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

You have a very romantic vision about friendship, maybe influenced by manga/animes. In the real life it doesn't work that way, at least not where I live. Friendship is something that both have to desire. When one doesn't want (or appears not wanting), there is no friendship. It is something that is naturally created when both people want.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I am clearly talking about Anime though. As far as I know, Isshuukan Friends didn't turn real all of the sudden.
    Apart from that, Kaori clearly wants to have friends. She just couldn't and had now idea how to accomplish that with her condition.
    Hase wants the same thing. He wanted to be her friend from the very beginning. So your condition is fulfilled.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

While I dislike trash talking girls I can understand them a bit... They don't know what's wrong with her. She acts cold in class and that is exactly why Shogo was rather harsh too. Why should anybody believe a story like that from the get go? I'm just glad that Hase is a nice guy who doesn't care about that.
    Shogo is a good guy too although he is a bit distant. But he is saying what is on his mind. That is something I really like.

While it is true that this will turn into a love story at some point, I'm 100% sure that Hase would've done the same thing if Kaori was a boy. There are nice people like that.

And one more thing. NEVER underestimate the value of friendship. Especially not in fictional stories. It is completely likely that Hase really wants them to be FRIENDS. When or if he develops feelings is a completely different story.

Apparently they show all kinds of situations between friends... Doing stuff together on a free day... Eating lunch togetehr at school... And fighting. Looking forward to that.
    I don't think Shogo was being harsh. He was merely reflecting what Fujimiya has shown to the class. Not everyone is like Hase, unconditionally developing faith in people. As a practitioner of that myself, I have witnessed many people failing to do it. It has its positive and negative aspects. Shogo is more of a realist, so, he criticized Hase's approach. Logically speaking, that's the most comprehensible path to take.
    However, trying to become friends with a silent person you know little about (whether you want to be her friend, her lover or whatever else you can think of) is out of logic's bounds already, so, Hase isn't bound to what logic suggests, either.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 4:

Jelly Hase-kun was jelly and I'm still wondering why Kaori can remember Shougo just fine. Well not that it matters at the moment.
    I expected a fight like that... So many unlucky coincidences at once... Losing the diary (Btw how did that thing survive during five rainy days while lying in wet grass?), the reminder poster fell under the bed... She should tell her mother more so that she has a plan B.

Anyway Hase was really annoying at first... Kaori was just so happy to have another friend... Well it went well in the end. What a radiant smile she has...

Next time they aa add the obligatory BFF character to the cast huh? She sure looks like fun.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I knew that in a way or in another Kaori would have lost her diary and then found it again (even though I don't know how it remained intact after all those rainy days. XD).
    Because of this fact, I really liked the episode, even though Hase was such an ass treating Kaori like that....I mean she's starting to befriend other people, so it's obvious that she will talk a bit about them.
    Anyway I'm really glad that they made up and started being friends again.
    I'm really looking forward to the next episode, where Kaori will make yet another friend, as I hoped.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast