Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 73

Thread: Isshuukan Friends

  1. #31
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,234
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Isshuukan Friends

    Incredible as always...
    To think that the fight would begin because of Hase-kun possessive personality, Kiryuu is right; Hase-kun is possessive and over-protective. Maybe it is because Hase has feelings beyond friendship, but let it be for now...
    The reason for why Fujimiya was talking about Kiryuu was that she wanted to have a subject with Hase and, at the same time, to show that she making an effort to be friendly with Kiyruu, she thought that it would get Hase happy, but it was not as she planned. In the end, a succession of happenings made she lost her diary, but not throw it away, she would never do something like that.

    Hase thought he would never see that cold eyes from Fujimiya again and it was a shock for him, but Kiryuu and their bonds make them think uprightly. Fujimiya more or less remembered where she lost the diary because of these bonds as well; deep inside her heart, she wanted to remember. Great scene in the bank river, all these events make them got closer each other for sure.

    The series is better at each episode. Next episode we have a new girl! Looking forward for that.

    ---------- Post added May 04, 2014 at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was April 28, 2014 at 12:18 PM ----------

    Episode 5

    I would be lying if I said that this episode didn't worry me a bit in the beginning. Yamagishi seemed like a weirdo in the beginning, suddenly appearing and asking to be friend with Fujimiya, more than Hase in the beginning, and chasing after her. However, she showed up an incredible character that served as bridge between Fujimiya and the entire class because she treats Fujimiya problem as something normal and will help every Monday to build up the bounds again. She extremely distracted and she suffered a bit because of it, she isn't very much different from Kaori in various ways and their friendship has a different meaning than Hase's.

    First, both are girls and the friendship between girls are deeper than between boys and girls or boys and boys. I reached this conclusion with my experience of life. Anyway, having a girl as a friend is very meaningful for Fujimiya and that's why she cried in they said goodbye. There are things that girls only do with other girls and Hase couldn't fulfil this; he is right when he said that she enjoyed more her meeting with Yamagishi than with him, it was more enjoyable because of this special meaning.

    Very good episode as always and looking forward to watch the next one. It is already the best of the season for me.
    Last edited by Leoat12; May 04, 2014 at 05:36 PM.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #32
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Isshuukan Friends

    That smile at the end...
    Seriously Hase should stop to be so jealous... In Kaoris heart he will always be her first.

    Saki-chan is a loud and cute little girl. \o/ You have to be pushy with a girl like Kaori.

    Well Leo already said the things that have to be said...
    Apart from that, nice that Kaori remembered Hase form the get go. \o/

    Next time the mother will be in the spot light... If it doesn't work with Kaori, go for her mother Hase-kun! \o/
    Last edited by Skyguardian; May 05, 2014 at 03:00 PM.

  4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #33
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Isshuukan Friends

    Well, you said everything about this episode, so I'll just say that I too liked it and loved the person that Saki-chan is.
    I do hope that Kaori's life school will now become more happy and make some more friends now that many people in the class saw her smiling.

  6. #34
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,008
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Isshuukan Friends

    Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    He is right when he said that she enjoyed more her meeting with Yamagishi than with him, it was more enjoyable because of this special meaning.

    Very good episode as always and looking forward to watch the next one. It is already the best of the season for me.
    How can she seriously enjoy this more than with her first friend in god knows how long? It's mainly thanks to Hase that she reacted to Saki that openly. I find it more accurate to say it's a different kind of enjoyable, but obviously meeting Hase means the most to her, because that's how she started to face her problems. Reply if you feel like it

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Seriously Hase should stop to be so jealous... In Kaoris heart he will always be her first.

    Apart from that, nice that Kaori remembered Hase form the get go. \o/
    I actually thought it was a nice mix of jealousy and worry. Even his jealousy was pretty funny and kinda cute lol, not the annoying jealous Hase we had a little while ago. It seems he's matured from that, and can honestly be happy for Kaori finding another friend, a bit of jealousy can never be completely prevented. It's a natural thing to happen, so in that sense Hase feels like a pretty real character.

    That actually made me worry a bit tbh. Even if turns out, that she really made a lot of progress regarding her memory, everything is going a tad bit too well. I might as well be wrong, but I do feel a little bit uneasy that things are advancing so smoothly.

    That being said, Saki is a great girl

  7. #35
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,234
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Isshuukan Friends

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    How can she seriously enjoy this more than with her first friend in god knows how long? It's mainly thanks to Hase that she reacted to Saki that openly. I find it more accurate to say it's a different kind of enjoyable, but obviously meeting Hase means the most to her, because that's how she started to face her problems. Reply if you feel like it
    It is easy pick a phrase out of its context and disagree with me. Read the entire paragraph, where my reasoning was developed. To give you a tip, I was talking about the meeting (encounter, appointment), not about the entire friendship.
    In addition, see the end of the paragraph where I talked about their friendship, you'll see that you're agreeing with me.
    Last edited by Leoat12; May 06, 2014 at 07:26 PM.

  8. #36
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Isshuukan Friends

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    How can she seriously enjoy this more than with her first friend in god knows how long? It's mainly thanks to Hase that she reacted to Saki that openly. I find it more accurate to say it's a different kind of enjoyable, but obviously meeting Hase means the most to her, because that's how she started to face her problems. Reply if you feel like it
    Hase is a bit on the edge around Fujimiya, so, from his perspective, it looked like she enjoyed her appointment with Saki more, although that's not the case in actuality. More like, there isn't anything to measure such intangible emotions to begin with. Fujimiya was happy to get a friend, and she was happy to get one more.

  9. #37
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Isshuukan Friends

    Beautiful series. I like the artwork, as girly as it may be for some people, I'm enjoying it. The music, the sound, the voices, the scenery; all compliment the story delivered by the characters. Nice technical details, if I may say.

    For the plot itself, it's growing smoothly, slowly but surely. It's great to see Fujimiya opens up more since the day she decided to keep Hase as a friend. It's funny since apparently Hase has romantic feelings towards her, but she only accepts him as a friend so far. And that causes the whole jealousy with Kiryuu and Yamagishi in the latest episode, haha. I was worried too about Yamagishi, why did she show up so suddenly in front of Fujimiya that day and asked to be friend? She didn't know about Fujimiya's illness before so that couldn't be the reason. Perhaps she was just curious. Their interaction is funny, their cosplay is sooooo cute!

    At the ending, did she actually remember Hase? Because if that is the case, then Hase is no longer the friend, or has Hase graduated from being "just" a friend?

    And I'll always be curious about the cause. This kind of amnesia can hardly be explained scientifically, which makes me curious. Damage to certain parts of brain can cause similar amnesia, like what happened in 50 First Dates, but this case is different so I wonder if it's the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Next time the mother will be in the spot light... If it doesn't work with Kaori, go for her mother Hase-kun! \o/

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #38
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Isshuukan Friends

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Oh come on, she is really beautiful and I bet she is also very sweet and caring.

    ---------- Post added May 11, 2014 at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was May 10, 2014 at 06:28 PM ----------

    Episode 6:

    Kaoris mother was amazing... Completely shocked that she brought friends...

    I totally can't relate to students who have trouble with math though...
    Kaoris backstory... Car accident on sunday because she wanted to visit a friend... Now that is sad...

    32 points... Hase-kun you suck...

    All in all another cute episode. I smell love.

  12. #39
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Isshuukan Friends

    We joked about Hase going for Kaori's mother and the mother herself joked about it; talk about coincidence! XD
    Anyway it was another bitter-sweet episode, bitter because it was so sad to know that Kaori started losing her memories about her friends after an accident, sweet because it was really beautiful to see Kaori bringing her friends at home.
    In any case, I think that sooner or later she will get over this "disease" and start recollecting those memories that she lost; I'm sure of it.
    Looking forward to watching the next episode.

  13. #40
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,234
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Isshuukan Friends

    What a busy week... I didn't have time to watch earlier...

    Well, this episode was as good as always, the part when they're studying and when Kaori said to Kiryuu about her intentions of being his friend was awesome. Kiryuu is a bit cold and rational, but he is a good person as a whole, he reminds me Ruri from Nisekoi very much. People like them tends to be misunderstood because of their personality, but they don't everything for your friends. I really like every character of the series, each one of them have their importance for the quartet.

    The conversation between Hase and Kaori's mother revealed everything we have speculated here about her lose of memory. Apparently, we covered every possibility and we're right about them: accident along with a trauma with her friends was the possible cause. Regarding the trauma with her friends, she was going meet something very important and they probably have a fight, she ran with sadness and the accident occurred. It would be a big plot twist if this "important friend" were Hase, but he would remember if it were... or not... Maybe he found out about Kaori accident and blaming his own for this he created a block in his mind and forgot about her as well... Let's see what will happen and what Hase will do to help Kaori remember her friends from now on.

    ---------- Post added May 18, 2014 at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was May 16, 2014 at 11:29 AM ----------

    Episode 7

    I think after this episode there is no more doubts about why Hase wanted to be Kaori friend. He said clearly that he always found her pretty and it is more than obvious that he has feelings for her. This episode showed that what he wants more currently is stay with her, even if is just to look at her... This is love.
    Hase has a incredible influence in Kaori life as well and in the end it reached its peak with she remembering him naturally.
    I think it is the first time I see a romance where the boy is self-conscious and the girls is the dumb part of it. XD
    He called her pretty and praised her a lot and even so, she didn't realise. After the ending was funny when he got the wrong idea.

    Things are getting better and better between everybody and now we have the traditional beach episode! Looking forward to watch it.

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #41
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Isshuukan Friends

    Hase didn't want to be Kaoris friend because he was in love. He basically explained why he wanted to be her friend. Love was not a part of it back then. Sakis friends said that both of them are too pure. Sure he is in love with her now, but that isn't the point.
    Kaori is rather dense which makes a lot of sense. She isn't used to have so many friends.

    Next time we get the beach episode... I'd like to see some drama.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #42
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Isshuukan Friends

    Aww, Kaori is so pure and that's why Hase has it rough, even though I must admit that the scene in the end, with Kaori saying "I like you Hase-kun!", was funny indeed, because Hase promptly crushed his own fantasies. XD
    Anyway what else to say? Another sweet episode and I'm loving the fact that Kaori is starting to remember naturally Hase.
    Who knows, perhaps without realizing it, Kaori is falling for Hase and that's the reason why her memories of him are not disappearing......at least that's a hope of mine.
    Looking forward to the next episode, because it's a beach one!

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #43
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Isshuukan Friends

    I would like to apply to be Kiryuu's fan! He kinda reminds me of Oreki from Hyouka. That atmosphere of laziness is just purely awesome.

    Episode 7 is so sweet that I can't stop smiling. It's crystal clear to everyone that it is love that Hase has towards Fujimiya, and even the friends around are starting to pick up the hints. But I guess I can understand why Hase is being careful because he still wants to be in a good relationship with Fujimiya, aside than himself being just shy. So lucky to have Kiryuu pushing him around.

    It's great to see her retain the memories too. I guess it's what you say that body remembers even though the mind probably does not, from all the encounters and helps Hase has done for her, ohohoho. I so agree with Zasz that it can be the sign of love from Fujimiya too!

    So happy for this series at the moment. So pure.

  20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  21. #44
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Isshuukan Friends

    Episode 8:

    Kaori and Hase really are way too pure. Of course she was a bit jealous... Makes me wonder when does two will actually realize that they are in love with each other. Hase is too shy and Kaori is too dense...

    Finally Kaori has a foto. Now she should be able to remember all of them even faster.

    Perfect summer vacation they say... Only the "first love" thing is missing. Why are you so dense Kaori-chan... x'D

    Saki is soooo cute. Apart from forgetting pretty much everything that is. I would actually be scared that the wind would blow her away eventually...

    Kaori likes fireworks... Yeah... That was anticlimactic...

    That guy in the end... Looks like Hase will get a rival soon.

    PS: Say Saki... Where is Kaori hiding that "bust"?

  22. #45
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Isshuukan Friends

    It's funny that for once is the girl being dense and not the boy. XD
    In any case I'm loving where this is going, because Kaori is starting to, unknownst to her, develop feelings for Hase, even though we had the confirmation one episode ago, when she sighed at the sight of Hase being "taken away" by Saki.
    As for the rest, this beach episode was funny; too bad we couldn't see Fujimiya's bust though.
    It seems a wild rival has appeared by the way and it doesn't seems like he's a good guy.
    Guess we will just have to wait and see.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts