Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Isshuukan Friends

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Isshuukan Friends

Kiryu blushed .

Kujo is a bit of a jerk but he didn't know about her accident nor her memory loss. He should be nicer now, normally.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 11:

Saki kawaii...

I feel stupid for hating Hajime... He just never knew that she had a horrible accident and always thought she "forgot" him on purpose...
    Hase now starts to ignore Kaori because he doesn't want to make her suffer even more. That doesn't help. It makes her sad too you tard! I hope this won't end on a "friends forever" note... Special friends will never be enough for Hase and he knows and fears that...
    Still, I hope they will find each other in the end.
    One more episode.

PS: Children are cruel...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it looks like Kujo wasn't that bad, but the way he behaved at the beginning was really annoying...
    Anyway it was another sweet episode and I'm glad that Kaori has recovered and also got to know the truth about her memory loss without loosing consciousness again.
    As for the rest, Hase seems to be in doubt about her relationship with Kaori, but as Kiryuu said in this episode, Hase should have been prepared to face situations like the one we saw a week ago and that of today.
    Looking forward to the last episode, hoping that it will be a sweet and unforgettable one.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't get enough saying that Kiryuu is cool, haha. The way he treats Hase is just funny, sometimes annoyed but he still ends up supporting and helping him. Around Saki too. And Saki is just too cute. Definitely the type who needs protection, Kiryuuuuuu!!!!! Go for iiiiittttttttt!!!

About Kaori's past, well, that is scary more than said. I agree with Sky, hahaha. Too scary that I can't really empathize with Kaori in this situation, but it ended up so badly for her. Not Kujou's fault either. As expected Hase avoiding Kaori will be the next sad thing for her, but hopefully this will be enough to push their feelings to the next level and move on from this "just (special) friends" setting. XD

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Girls and their love stories...

Yeah, Kujo is not bad, I wonder if he still loves her . Saki was adorable in this ep and yes, imagining Kiryu smiling is really scary.

This time, it's Fujimiya who tries to have a date with Hase, I don't understand his logic is flawed though.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Yeah, Kujo is not bad, I wonder if he still loves her .
    When he arrived first that didn't seem to be the case because he misunderstood Kaori, but now that he knew what happened the guilt came and that sounds like a potential result. XD With one episode left we may not be able to see that side being explored, though.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Final Episode:

Saki kawaii...
    Saki and Shougo made up too so that is really nice. Saki was so adorable... Hnnnnng...

Hase and Kaori are such bad liars and they don't even notice...
    So while the whole scene at the shrine was beautiful it ends with them being friends...?
    Although they want to be closer friends... Too clumsy for love?

Like this it feels a bit lackluster... We all know that they are closer than friends but... *Sighs* When will we ever get another outstanding love story like a certain other show had?

All in all I give this show about the ups and downs of friendship a 8/10. Maybe I expected a bit too much.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

My God, Saki crying was way too adorable; she was so cute!
    Anyway it was to bee expected that Shougo and Kaori wouldn't become a couple but just best friends.
    I'm not saying that if they will ever make a second season they won't, also because there are hints that seem to go that way, but as for this season goes, I was sure that they wouldn't.
    Either way I'm hoping to see all the characters once again in the future, because I simply loved this show.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I laughed and smiled in joy looking at Kiryuu and Saki, but I cringed in painful words of "friend-zone-forever" looking at Hase and Kaori. What is this?!

Anyway, not a very bad final episode. It brought closure to latest complications, and knowing that everything settled up at the end felt great. Even Kujou found his way inside the group. The day our main couple spent was so fun that it was painful for me to see how that day ended, lol.

The ending with the diary made me think for a second that maybe Hase also had problems with memories, lol. I guess it means now we see where the diary suggestion comes from. Kinda cute.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

While I agree that the "Want to be even closer friends" was a bit of a lackluster conclusion I feel like that might not be the story's fault. The manga is not finished yet, not like they could cover everything released so far in 12 episodes anyway. The anime's ending pretty much left me with the same impression I got from Hyouka's ending: An ending that basically tells us "And the fun/sad days went on...", leaving everything open for a possible future season. That's all it was, so I can hardly blame the anime for that. If the series was well-received there's a good chance to see the rest animated at one point. And if not that was enough to make me pick up the manga. Sadly SenseScan only started translating the manga when the anime started, so they're still 14 chapters or so behind (even a tad bit behind the anime too). Doesn't really matter though, they're making regular releases so I'm looking forward to see how the story will unfold

8/10 overall. Really enjoyed the show, was close to a 9 but the season alone really stopped at a weird time and the last episode felt... a bit off in general. Like I said I don't really blame the anime for what it did but judging it as objectively as possible it wasn't good enough for a 9. Now I'm going to have my fun with the manga \o/

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW, they even tell the same lies. Kiryu made up with Saki so quickly, Hase should learn from him

It seems I am the only one who is not disappointed by the ''closer than friends'', it surprised me but it was very good and funny. Seriously they acted exactly like a couple in this episode, they are so innocent they made me smile.

At last they ate these crepes. With Brains Base the chances for a S2 are low but who knows, I think I will read the manga.

8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    Anyway it was to bee expected that Shougo and Kaori wouldn't become a couple but just best friends.
    They are not even best friends, it's like they are a couple without realizing it, this is pure love without eroticism .

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post

They are not even best friends, it's like they are a couple without realizing it, this is pure love without eroticism .
    Yeah, I guess you're right.
    Besides it was bound to end like this; still, I loved seeing the both of them having a pure relationship.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It was the best anime of the season by far IMO. 10/10
    I have to read the manga as soon as possible. I will not expect second season, it's not gonna happen, probably.

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5