Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Mekaku City Actors

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mekaku City Actors

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 8:

I still don't get what is actually happening here. Shintaro finally noticed that Ayano was in this group too and we saw that he has powrs too. But what did he see? Basically Ayano said sorry for dying but who was the other girl?
    Am I the only one who thought she looked an awful lot like Marry? If anything, the girl is or gets posessed by the Snake mentioned in the Monster's story. You probably have your root of the evil there, but ofc everything else is pretty much a mystery

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Mekaku City Actors

So, if I understood well. Sensei is possessed by the smart snake, Marry by the monster itself and the others snakes are in the rest of the group. If Takane and Haruka's bodies are supposed to be sacrifices, why are they(Takane's body at least) still here?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Marry seems to have an important role in all of this, but I'm not sure if she's the monster's daughter....
    In any case it was really an awesome episode, even though I have the feeling that the song at the beginning was a bit ruined....
    As for the rest, it was nice to know the reason why the professor is behaving like that and I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what his next moves will be.
    That cliffhanger though was kinda expected.....I wonder why Ene's body is still there.....

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like everything is getting revealed slowly but steadily. Good development, didn't think that the whole group is basically possessed by snakes. Or maybe that isn't really clear, one has to wonder what each of them is aware of. Do all of the snakes take over when it's night? Or is Shuuya completely possessed already? I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that he actually killed Ayane, even though he loved her, and that broke him. Something like that. Or maybe I'm completely off
    In any case, I really like this kind of storytelling where everything is a rather huge mess at the beginning and each episode brings you a bit further towards the truth, until stuff hits you hard.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh the feels... Ayanes theory of happiness... But in the end her fate was cruel... Her feelings weren't mutual... Her mother died... And the family is possessed by evil snakes...

So Marry has thew queen inside her... Did she really attack Shintaro or was that just an illusion last week?

Earning money so all snakes could come over? For which purpose?

I "like" that idea. Shuuya killing Ayane would fit... I mean he broke Ene for a short while and know he is showing her her old body? Suspicious...

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Azami was a beautiful monster,who would want to kill her? The only human she spared looked like Seto, his ancestor probably.

Marry is the granddaughter of the monster, but if she is her granddaughter, she must have a father, right? The fact that Shion had friends would mean that she lived in peace for a while?

Miyano is really an excellent VA, his performance as that snake was great, should I interpret that he is linked to Konoha despite the confirmation that he was possessing the professor last week... That's what I thought after this and Konoha chose that moment to make his return at the end... It's only now that I notice that his eyes are pink too.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome episode... The flasback moved me... The "monster" just wanted to be happy with her family but again... Humans are the real monsters...
    What exactly is this serpents deal? Why does it wish for monsters to create dead worlds?

And where did our beloved NEET go?

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Azami's family story was indeed moving and as always humans come out as the most cruel and stupid creatures of this world....
    Speaking of the snake, is it me or does it have the same voice actor of Kano? Is it just my impression or Kano has been possesed for real by the Snake?
    As for the rest, well, not much to say, but I'm loving more an more Marry, because she's so innocent and adorable; besides she seems to be a very important character and I have the feeling that thanks to her the mistery around that empty world will be solved.
    By the way she wasn't really Azami's daughter, but her grandaugther.
    Looking forward to watching the next episode.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Huh? Ene has a body? . Shintaro is born with his power, Kano saw his Nee-chan death and they will be killed someday.

That eye combination though .

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Huh? Ene has a body? .
    She sure has. Her friend too. I guess that was how the culprit manipulated Ene's situation by pushing her to that black void we always see. The question is why she had to live like a program. Merely to call Shintaro "master"?

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me or was that last episode pretty much nonsense?

I loved this shows style and music but the plot just came off the rails toward the end. Ultimately this show was a 4/10 for me.
    Last edited by Jammin; June 29, 2014 at 08:40 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Is it just me or was that last episode pretty much nonsense?

I loved this shows style and music but the plot just came off the rails toward the end. Ultimately this shows was a 4/10 for me.
    I hate to admit this, but I too found the ending a bit....lacking.
    It's not like I didn't understand the story and what caused it, it's just that the ending confused me, in the sense that it didn't explain if everyone got back to their previous life or they've all died....
    As you said, good style and music, but the plot was thrown out of the window at the end....

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

So that's why the snake had Konoha's voice. Felt no tension, understood nothing excepted that Marry was warping reality... I will give it 7/10 because the music were cool, some episodes were very good and others... like this one.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the problem was with speed and delivery. It feels as if the plot is jumping around, trying to give a sense of mystery but fails to actually introduce everything properly. At least I still got the general picture of the plot by the end of the series. Too bad that I still had questions about their powers after the series ended; what could Shintaro and Ayano do? What exactly were those? Reading a wiki page of KagePro explained much more than the anime, lol.

Not a bad attempt, I enjoyed some moments, but there is a dissatisfaction that we didn't get to see the mystery explained properly.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There were definitely some great moments in there. My favorite episode was probably the one with the little kid trying to save the girl who was fated to die. In hindsight there is a lot about that episode I don't understand, in terms of how it fit into the story, but by itself it was really good.

I felt the same about the Monster's story, Ene's story, etc. Too bad they weren't able to come together better.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4