Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mekaku City Actors

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Mekaku City Actors

Title: Mekakucity Actors
    Episodes: 11
    Aired: Apr 13, 2014 to ?
    Producers: SHAFT
    Genres: Supernatural
    Based on the Vocoloid Story Songs: Kagerou Project (Kagepro)
    Also Adapted to Novel and Manga: Kagerou Days

Synopsis:

A story based on the new popular series of songs by Jin (Shizennoteki-p) titled "Kagerou Project". Shintaro Kisaragi--a HikiNEET who shut himself inside his room for 2 years--has been living his life normally until he met a cyber girl named Ene, who appeared in his computer screen when someone anonymously sent him a mysterious e-mail one year ago. One day, Ene had been messing up with Shintaro's PC. which cause him have to go to outside world for first time in 2 years.
    Last edited by Kaiten; April 05, 2014 at 11:04 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mekaku City Actors

Episode count should be more than 11.

Looking most forward to seeing the mekakushidan. Team Kano, Hibiya, Shin.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how will be this series, the anime will be based on the songs, right? I never watched something like that.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Episode count should be more than 11.
    11 episodes is confirmed.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Has anyone else listened to the songs yet? Headphone Actor is my favorite, Ene is my favorite character. I can't wait for episode one!

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    I wonder how will be this series, the anime will be based on the songs, right? I never watched something like that.
    The songs have also been adapted into popular light novels. There's a manga too, but it's kind of an afterthought. The original composer of the songs is writing the anime, so it should be interesting.

---------- Post added April 12, 2014 at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was April 05, 2014 at 12:13 PM ----------

Screen caps from episode one:

Spoiler show

Ene headtipping

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I just say Kano looked incredibly cute there, and Shintaro so hot legs and feet, why does he have to be in those stuffy pants, and his great room.

On a different note. After many months of waiting and following all the promo material, and the week to week CMs and voice actor reveals, and a pv last week its finally here and it exceeded all expectations I had for it . Easily second best start to the season for an anime. The opening discussion to pull us in, internal Shintaro dialogue with the visible genjutsus present all throughout his room to make us envious of it, and even Ene's witty commentary always, just really surprisingly entertaining.

Second half with the colouring employed for the key scenes, Kano's voice actor having a mighty fun time and even Kano the character himself just being all around lovable and hilarious with his comments and looks, with Seto chiming in too, kind of got to me to rewatch it a second time.

Good start with emotional ED. Also want the soundtrack as well.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this is seriously going to be my favourite, not only for the fantastic art (SHAFT never disappoints), but also for the plot, which seems to be pretty interesting and also a bit dark.
    Having said this, the first episode was really good and Ene is really an adorableand funny cyber girl; glad that she's one of the main cast.
    As for the rest the MC was really unlucky to be taken hostage in the only day that he got out from his room. LOL
    But I guess it was inevitable....

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Was to understand something? WTF
    I'm so shocked that I have to watch one more episode to understand what's the deal of this anime. XD

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I want that Ene program too! Must be because of the camera but I had the impression to be her master .

So, the MC decided to go out to replace his keyboard and he encountered criminals, the last minutes were kinda confusing.

Liked it mostly because of Ene interactions with her master. Good episode.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Ene is cute, but annoying and as a computer program is a bit defective since she disrupts the user often. Too much inteligence is not necessary when it disturb the main function of the program. As an assistance I'd like someone more calm and wise, who doesn't get in the way so often.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    Was to understand something? WTF
    I'm so shocked that I have to watch one more episode to understand what's the deal of this anime. XD
    More than one. Episode one only adapted Jinzou Enemy, the first proper song. Kagepro takes a little patience. Be sure to pay attention, and watch for clues about what is really going on.
    Last edited by Kaiten; April 13, 2014 at 05:00 PM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    More than one. Episode one only adapted Jinzou Enemy, the first proper song. Kagepro takes a little patience. Be sure to pay attention, and watch for clues about what is really going on.
    It will be a hard task because I almost slept watching the first episode (I'm not kiddding), but I'll make an effort.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, it seems Nisekoi is the only Shaft anime on your list. Mekaku has more in common with Monogatari Series and Madoka Magica. Enjoy it for the dialog and visuals, let the story unfold across the course of the series.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Ah, it seems Nisekoi is the only Shaft anime on your list. Mekaku has more in common with Monogatari Series and Madoka Magica. Enjoy it for the dialog and visuals, let the story unfold across the course of the series.
    I watched Madoka and Bakemonogatari, they are fantastic.
    Well, let's see whether it manages to convince me or not in the next episodes.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt this will be as good, Madoka and Monogatari are two of the greatest. I fanboy the songs, so my opinion isn't exactly the most reliable.

zOMG Asumi Kana was epic as Ene I can't wait for Kisaragi and Marry's intro.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I could've sworn that they just copied the city backgrounds from Monogatari...
    Typical shaft animation. Although I have to say it was a bit... Boring. Too much stuff going on behind the scenes. Ene alone made this episode great though. Where can I such an awesome and cute AI?
    Makes we wonder what is begind he program. I guess those other two guys have something like Ene too.

---------- Post added April 22, 2014 at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was April 16, 2014 at 02:24 AM ----------

Episode 2:

That idol is the biggest idiot ever... Kisaragi ate the textbook... Ahahaha.

I really like that art style in the flashback. Replacing other people with objects. Every "human" was leaving her. Shows how alone Momo really is. It also nailed the "center of attention" thing.

The insert song was also really nice. Momo...

So how is this all connected?

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast