Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Aggressive Miyuki, no bra for Erika and BADASS TATSUYA!

Sawaki is ripped as he should be, I had not that impression in the manga. They completed volume 1 but they sacrificed Mayumi's again, I really wanted to see that scene at least...
    Overall they did an excellent job I'd say.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Tatsuya just keeps on being a freaking badass with his talent!
    He casually seized that guy and then dealt with all of his companions as if it was nothing.
    Needless to say, it was an awesome episode and I liked to see that the discrimination running in the school has three different levels: those who openly discriminate against the Weeds, those who does the same but recognize their skills as happened in this episode and those who are totally agains it.
    As for the rest, Miyuki sure is bold to do that to her brother.
    Looking forward to the next episode, because the ending of today's episode was quite anticlimatic...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

A much more fun episode than the first two. Kendo vs kenjutsu fight was the best part.
    Also, what was the deal with that "reset"? Tatsuya is destined to be forever alone? I like the way that imouto handles the stuff.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man. So what did Miyuki actually DO to Tatsuya for even conversing with other girls at the school? Did she erase his memories or something? She cray-cray, but it was kind of cute how she mentioned it was a 'prank'. And then Tatsuya's "Moshi moshi? Miyuki?"

I don't comprehend everything completely but the action scenes were pretty nice. Tatsuya's taking his job pretty seriously and he seems to be pretty busy with it so far.

So, does Tatsuya get a harem eventually or what? I know he's... emotionally stunted because stuff, but he seems to be surrounding himself by a bunch of girls who at least enjoy his company.

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay just giving general impression about this anime.. I'm conflicted. On one side, I'm happy that it's getting an anime adaptation, the art ain't bad and I like the cast as well. On the other hand, I feel like Madhouse butchers some interesting parts that appeared in LN. I know they're trying to be efficient and I don't want to bring the discussion into "hurr durr anime bad book better" but I can't help it - by reading LN, I think you'd be able to understand more about the character and their interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    So, does Tatsuya get a harem eventually or what? I know he's... emotionally stunted because stuff, but he seems to be surrounding himself by a bunch of girls who at least enjoy his company.
    Without spoiling anything, this series as a whole is a pseudo-harem

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Okay just giving general impression about this anime.. I'm conflicted. On one side, I'm happy that it's getting an anime adaptation, the art ain't bad and I like the cast as well. On the other hand, I feel like Madhouse butchers some interesting parts that appeared in LN. I know they're trying to be efficient and I don't want to bring the discussion into "hurr durr anime bad book better" but I can't help it - by reading LN, I think you'd be able to understand more about the character and their interactions.

Without spoiling anything, this series as a whole is a pseudo-harem
    Pretty much my sentiment, i don´t really understand why they would leave out so many interesting thing, especially Tatsuya´s inner speech. So far, it has been disappointing to me.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Tatsuya is who describes coldness, who the hell would get so cold in front Miyuki "that way"? XD
    Obviously, she is his sister, but even so. Even a slight changing of expression...

Tatsuya is making everybody crazy with his genius. He really knows how to use his abilities, although he doesn't have the "natural talent" for magic.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    Oh man. So what did Miyuki actually DO to Tatsuya for even conversing with other girls at the school? Did she erase his memories or something? She cray-cray, but it was kind of cute how she mentioned it was a 'prank'. And then Tatsuya's "Moshi moshi? Miyuki?"
    That's what I would like to know too. Not sure what exactly went on there, did Tatsuya repair himself or something after he got "attacked" by his sister?

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So Tatsuya has two "spells" for now? The first one not being a spell but being able to read the magic of others while also being able to interrupt them with specific psion oscillations combined with almost hax physical abilities. The second one is a "auto-ability" which replaces his body with a backup from X minutes ago? It looked like Miyuki almost killed her brother... And that was a "prank"?...
    That guy is basically a phoenix huh?
    I could be wrong and this could be Miyukis ability but still... Her using ice based magic is... Cooler...
    Nevertheless, Tatsuya is my favourite male character from the season.

Would be great if somebody could explain to me again how magic works again... I was under the impression that it is pretty much maths.

PS: Erika is still my favourite girl. So adorable.
    PS2: Never make Miyuki mad... Tatsuya should taste the forbidden fruit if he doesn't want to die...
    Last edited by Skyguardian; April 21, 2014 at 07:27 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Having not read any of the source material, I cannot say anything about the veracity of what I've heard, but it's apparently some sort of automatic self-repair magic, which was triggered since Miyuki did some serious damage with her spell there...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    That's what I would like to know too. Not sure what exactly went on there, did Tatsuya repair himself or something after he got "attacked" by his sister?
    Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Would be great if somebody could explain to me again how magic works again... I was under the impression that it is pretty much maths.
    They left out so much infos but the keywords are on this site. It would be better if they continue to do the omakes.
    They talked about it even if it was not as precise as in the LN but I guess I should use a spoiler tag nonetheless.

Spoiler show

Rewatching the 2nd omake after this should help you.
    Last edited by Demonspeed; April 21, 2014 at 09:03 PM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn't they change their rating system? Just because someone can't cast big spells he is inferior? I mean Tatsuya pretty much owns them with the basics.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn't they change their rating system? Just because someone can't cast big spells he is inferior? I mean Tatsuya pretty much owns them with the basics.
    Is it that easy? Tatsuya is at school now, but his powers have the same efficiency outside of the school? It is a smart power, but it has its limitations, he cannot do some things that is just basic for other people. I think he will reach a point that his power will not be enough to be a complete magician.
    However, like he said, there are other options; he wants to be engineer, because he knows his limitations with magic and that he can be more useful as it.
    Last edited by Leoat12; April 21, 2014 at 09:21 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

No because Tatsuya´s circumstances are more than unusual, not to forget that it is first and foremost a magic school, not a combat school (though obviously that plays an important part). Leo and Erika for example are also able to take out blooms even though they are weeds.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

One other thing I appreciate about this series are the uniform designs... hints towards 'futuristic', not the usual style, but still nice and elegant, and without the miniskirt, which is refreshing to see for once .

The discrimination and prejudice is perhaps a bit overdone, though it likely seems so from the viewpoint of a more tolerant mindset, whereas it's more ingrained in the fictional world's culture. It does bring back some not-so-pleasant memories though...

New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast