Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    You didn't guess?
    Woah now that you mention it... I usually realize those kind of things... Must be because I'm really not happy with the show so far. :/

Thanks for the spoiler but I didn't read it. I want to think of him as a natural emotionless badass for a while longer.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Have to say it's fairly disappointing if it's adapted that well, story-wise. The ongoing storyline lacks action, especially considering they pretty much don't go into background details at all by this point. Well, not that I mind, since I can still somehow enjoy the show, having refused to jump on the pre-season hype train.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Have to say it's fairly disappointing if it's adapted that well, story-wise. The ongoing storyline lacks action, especially considering they pretty much don't go into background details at all by this point. Well, not that I mind, since I can still somehow enjoy the show, having refused to jump on the pre-season hype train.
    It lacks action...when a fiery car is barreling towards them?!

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

It´s not adapted well

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    I agree with him. I don't know how you found the first volumes but for me they were average, they had obvious defaults. Action was underwhelming, too much informations(I guess I didn't like it that much because I was new to the universe but it paid so it was necessary) and I hated Miyuki's character.
    Tsutomu was also trying to show how good Tatsuya is too much, I guess that's because it was a web novel, he is so much better now. Volume 3 is good and everything starting from volume 4 was fabulous for me.
    For a series with so much hype it's natural to be disappointed, it is similar to the Steins;Gate anime I'd say. IMO an anime only viewer should try to understand well how magic works for now. There will be plenty of action soon.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    I'm talking about the story progression. Action does not necessarily need to be displayed through cars flying around. The pace of actual development has been rather slow.
    So far, through 9 episodes, I have learned that:
    -Tatsuya Shiba is genuinely talented. He is also working for some organization we don't know anything about. His sister also seems to be genuinely talented. The other individuals at magic high school also seem to be talented.
    -For some reason, he is shunned from his family.
    -Ten Master Clans stuff seem to be a priority for families.
    -There is a conflict between those who can use magic and those who cannot.

So, yeah, for me, it lacks action. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, since it's a two cour series and plenty of the road left ahead to pick the pace up.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

For a series with so much hype it's natural to be disappointed, it is similar to the Steins;Gate anime I'd say. IMO an anime only viewer should try to understand well how magic works for now. There will be plenty of action soon.
    Hmm, I see. It's not that easy to follow the explanations, but oh well, I'm trying my hardest. Luckily, there is CAD and stuff, which makes it slightly easier to follow compared to traditional incantations

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with him. I don't know how you found the first volumes but for me they were average, they had obvious faults. Action was underwhelming, too much informations(I guess I didn't like it that much because I was new to the universe but it paid so it was necessary) and I hated Miyuki's character.

Tsutomu was also trying to show how good Tatsuya is too much, I guess that's because it was a web novel, he is so much better now. Volume 3 is good and everything starting from volume 4 was fabulous for me.

I thought the enrollment arc is just the typical type of affair that any series introduction arc is, I dont know any that truly start out with a bang while trying to introduce too many characters, the ones that do end up being too ambitious or suffer from pacing problems in various entertainment media.

I thought theres plenty things interesting with the mahouka world, and in the anime is all interesting with what is focusing on such as magical dilemmas and technology, growing display of tension between the yotsubas, tension in different directions for the families, and the underlying threat indicated in episode 8 with the commander and shown now with the car pummeling towards them. Its a pretty above average anime, on the same level as Tokyo Ravens is for me for the two best magical school type series.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Very good episode. They could have skipped the bath scene but they did a good job, better than last week. Adding the monologues made the episode better, Erika and Mikihiko are handled well. I would have liked them to show us who where the 4 others who detected Kudou's magic. I like how Kirihara just said that Tatsuya is a badass . Competition starts next episode,Mayumi's performance is definitely a must-see .

But...

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Demonspeed; June 07, 2014 at 02:46 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Even the character of this anime are saying that Tatsuya is a badass. XD
    Anyway it was really an interesting episode and I wonder who are the people responsible of the car accident and those that tried to infiltrate the hotel....
    Guess we will discover it soon enough.
    As for the rest, nice bath scene (), nice conversation between Erika and Tatsuya and nice speech by the Kudo old man, which pretty much listed the ones who will leave a mark in this competition.
    Looking forward to watching the next episode and possibly knowing what happened to Mikihiko, considering that he said he has lost his powers.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes nice path scene. Finally an episode I really liked. Tatsuya is a badass and it was time that other characters mention that.
    I feel sorry for Erika... I doubt it really helps her that Tatsuya couldn't care less...

Nice speech from the "chairman" and his eyes were creepy...

Mikihiko was able to defeat the enemy... But why was Tatsuya already there...? Is he that good?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Mikihiko was able to defeat the enemy... But why was Tatsuya already there...? Is he that good?
    Skipped scene. He was taking a walk while he noticed the enemy at the same time as Mikihiko.

Ep 11 preview

Spoiler show

I think I will like this adaptation much more now .

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish that some clips had been condensed a bit and that we'd gotten to the NSC a little more efficiently.

Still, the NSC itself should be good, unless they butcher
    Spoiler show

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I wish that some clips had been condensed a bit and that we'd gotten to the NSC a little more efficiently.

Still, the NSC itself should be good, unless they butcher
    Spoiler show
    That's exactly what I fear. Volume 3 will be (almost?) completed next episode. Their interactions are the best of this LN for me, it would be a shame if she is treated like in the first arc. Of course she is the best girl, even Miyuki knows her situation is hopeless .

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly what I fear. Volume 3 will be (almost?) completed next episode. Their interactions are the best of this LN for me, it would be a shame if she is treated like in the first arc. Of course she is the best girl, even Miyuki knows her situation is hopeless .
    Yeah, but I worry that we'll end up with some crap like we did in the first arc. To be honest, Mayumi wasn't treated that badly in the first arc, it was more that certain scenes were cut and with those scenes being her most important interactions...

Well, Mayumi proves it in
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

New mahouka ed and op aritists revealed, GARNiDELiA for the OP grilletto and Yasuda Rei for the ED mirror. | http://mahouka.jp/music/

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast