Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Episode 4:

I don't know if I like the fact that everytime it gets emotional, someone says something to kill the mood. Maybe I shouldn't expect a second Sakurasou.
    Yeah, I think that's the one thing I really didn't enjoy. Kinda like the show can't take itself seriously for more than a minute at best. So far it's been okay most of the time, but the whole Ricchan/Usa scene was butchered because of that. I mean if you're going to use the romance/love route give it at least a few serious moments (which remain serious until they end). Some may say that's going to be left open until towards the end, but what's the big deal with staying a little bit serious two or three times? =/ Would be a nice extra, so far it's more of a pure (and good) comedy than RomCom to me.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But the humor is so important. Ricchan and Usa's conversations would feel horribly unnatural without them. Ricchan is so shy she barely interacts with anyone. She and Usa are still at the icebreaker stage. The little humorous moments show her relaxing a little bit around him, letting down her guard a little. The humor also makes it seem more like two teenagers talking, not cliche love at first site, anime romance. Ricchan hardly even speaks to Usa, serious romantic moments now wouldn't make sense. Ricchan giggling communicates so much more right now than serious romance ever could. It's more true to the characters, the story, and feels more natural.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Why would romance bloom at this point? I don't think Kawai is even fond of Usa's presence around her, if not bothered by it openly. So, it's too early to expect much.
    The guy who is secretly the wisest amongst all is Shiro, as he is able to perceive whatever they are thinking without much trouble, yet he also says the most ridiculous stuff. I think it's not a bad mix. Falling more along the line with my beloved WTF comedy, despite strongly hinting at the romance elements in it.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I agree. Why would romance bloom at this point? I don't think Kawai is even fond of Usa's presence around her, if not bothered by it openly. So, it's too early to expect much.
    At this point, Kawai barely tolerates anyone's presence. A serious, romantic moment is asking for too much, and out of character. Those little moments when she lets her guard down, like when they were watching the horror movie, or walking home together, are what matter now. That's also part of the fun with shy characters, that gradual process of breaking through. Rushing a slow romance would only ruin the fun.

Quote Quote:
    The guy who is secretly the wisest amongst all is Shiro, as he is able to perceive whatever they are thinking without much trouble, yet he also says the most ridiculous stuff. I think it's not a bad mix. Falling more along the line with my beloved WTF comedy, despite strongly hinting at the romance elements in it.
    He reminds me of characters from American sitcoms. The crazy roommate with surprising moments of insight.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't talk about romance though. Everytime a serious topic was on, something killed the mood and that is a bit annoying.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Ricchan is cute, but damn, she's such an hassle to deal with. XD
    However towards the end, I can tell that she's starting to warm up to Usa, which makes me happy.
    About the rest, Shiro is unexpectedly the wisest one in there, but his masochism also makes him the dumbest one. LOL
    Good episode and I'm already looking forward to watching the next one, hoping to see more epic and hilarious moments.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    At this point, Kawai barely tolerates anyone's presence. A serious, romantic moment is asking for too much, and out of character. Those little moments when she lets her guard down, like when they were watching the horror movie, or walking home together, are what matter now. That's also part of the fun with shy characters, that gradual process of breaking through. Rushing a slow romance would only ruin the fun.
    You two seem to be a bit too fixated on me using the word RomCom... what I meant is that serious moments should stay serious sometimes, doesn't even have to be romantic, but something that possibly leads to that at one point in the story. Like for example when Ricchan snaps for once and we see Usa turn to stone or something, Ricchan runs away and he falls to the ground, still being some kind of statue. Kinda unnecessary to throw in even more comedy there, just let the few serious moments be serious. Usa could've simply stood there, expresionless. and the scene would have been the same anyway, without some weird comedy kind of ruining the moment, at least to me. That's what I meant when I said I really would prefer it if the show stays serious when it's supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    I didn't talk about romance though. Everytime a serious topic was on, something killed the mood and that is a bit annoying.
    That's exactly what I meant. Let the comedy be comedy, but don't kill every serious moment =/

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 5:

I don't know what was better. Sayaka trying to rape Mayumi at the front door, Usa completely ignoring it, Ricchan saying they should move it to their rooms or Sumiko (She is one creepy lady...) trying to suffocate Sayaka with a plastic bag... This is like the best dorm ever!

Shiros wish for ropes is almost scary...

"Just get tained already!"
    "Fantasy ruined - Serves you right!" Or the way she kicked him from the terrace...
    - May I vote for Mayumi as the most epic character of the season?

The jokes are just awesome. If only this was just a comedy show...

PS: Formation of team shatter dreams... Hilarious...

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like dealing with Ricchan is becoming even more easy for Usa, which makes me happy.
    All in all it was a funny episode and that yuri scene at the beginning was kinda unexpected and ended unexpectedly with Sumiko's arrival. LOL
    As for the rest, that battle with the water guns was fun ideed and that frog Ricchan was cute indeed.
    To conclude, I'm loving the fact that Riccha is opening her heart more and more to Usa; I do hope that they will really become a couple in the future.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 6:

I loved how scared the mother was... Poor Shiro...

"The S in Shoujo stands for Sadist" <-- This is easily the quote of the year.

Mayumi being insulted by a grade school kid... I finally lost it... x'D

Chinatsu-chan really is a double S... x'D
    But how can you hate Anime?!

What a cute episode.
    Shiro and Mayumi are way too awesome though...

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Chinatsu will become a master sadist; Shiro can recognize one from miles away it seems. LOL
    Anyway it was really a funny episode and Shiro was hilarious for all its duration. XD
    Mayumi should just stop crushing other people's dreams, otherwise she will be the one to be seen as a bad person. LOL
    Can't wait for the next episode already.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

Episode 7:

Dirty Ricchan... Forcing Usa to follow her so she can continue to read.
    Completely ignoring the molester. x'D
    "You well-endowed bastard" Ahahahaha

Damn those uniforms are ugly. As if it wasn't sad enough to learn about his past. x'D

Ricchan kawaii!!

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Ricchan's level of cuteness can't be measured in any way.
    I'm loving the fact that she's slowly getting closer to Usa and, maybe, starting to have feeling for him (something which that can be hinted by the OP itself, in the end of which we can see that the photo is slowly showing the two of them getting closer).
    As for the rest, it was a funny episode with the whole molester plot and I laughed so hard when Ricchan completely ignored him. LOL
    I've never thought that Ricchan would have the outfit fetish though. XD
    Looking forward to watching the next episode.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 8:

So we got a bit of "romance" this time. Ricchan was really cute. Ordering Usa to be her private waiter and then realizing what she just said moments later...
    Sayaka and Mayumi are still the best. The latter really understands, that the audience needs fanservice and a bad ending for Usa.

As usual, I hate those high school bastards who think that they are the best. Especially the girls. Usa should be grateful to have such great, although weird, friends.
    The other waiters are a funny bunch too.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

At first, when I saw Usa being insulted by those guys I felt the rage surging from me, but then, when I saw Mayumi and Sayaka going to his rescue, I said to myself that it was worth it.
    Still that girl truly is an ungrateful one.....she was the cause of Usa's surname in the first place and she used it to start that harassing.....
    Anyway it was indeed an excellent episode and Kawaii is slowly falling for Usa; it's just way too obvious.
    Looking forward to the next episode.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast