Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Bullet

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Bullet

Black Bullet
    Genre: Action
    Production: Kinema Citrus
    Director: Masayuki Kojima
    Series Composition: Urahata Tatsuhiko
    Starring: Kaji Yuki and Hidaka Rina

In the year 2021, mankind was defeated by Gastrea, a parasitical virus, and is forced to live within a wall made of Varanuim Monoliths, a metal that is able to subdue Gastrea. Soon, the "Cursed Children", children born with the Gastrea virus who are able to control it—which gives them superhuman abilities—were discovered. Due to the Gastrea virus' intervention, the Cursed Children could only be female. Civil Securities are formed to specialize fighting against Gastrea, operating with the pair of an Initiator, who are cursed children, and a Promoter, serving to lead the cursed children. Ten years after the war, Rentaro Satomi, a high school student who is also a Promoter in his childhood friend Kisara Tendou's Tendou Civil Security, along with his Initator Enju Aihara, receives a secret mission to prevent the Tokyo Area's destruction.

By the Writer and Director of Monster.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Bullet

Team Kaji Yuki, currently my main reason for watching. Composer for this anime gives it the potential for having the best soundtrack.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

What an epic first episode, my favorite so far it's a little odd to have a 1st ep called Last Hope.

Apocalyptic future, Humans have been infected by aliens(?) , there are special guns, food seems to be rare to find, I didn't think their last hope would be little girls, that's interesting. I like Enju already, her old way of speech is a plus .

As expected of Sagisu, the tracks are great.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

This is definitely an awesome show and I kinda like the post-apocaliptic setting.
    Enju is really a cute, funny and powerful loli; I'm looking forward to seeing her fighting again.
    The MC seems to be an interesting character and I wonder what his aim is right now.
    As for the rest, that Kisara girl is really hot and I kinda understand why Rentaro has fallen for her.
    I can't wait already for the next episode.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, ugly Gastrea is a major turn-off for me, but despite that, the first episode was an entertaining mix of fun and story telling.
    That masked guy seemed to be pretty strong himself. I wonder why he aims for world destruction, when the world seems to have pretty much been destroyed already.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Enyu-chan...

Well that was great. That could be a great action show. The maske damn is creepy and he seems to be infected with the virus too. Only that he is able to stay "sane".
    The monsters look great, especially the thing from the first scene.

The opening from fripside was amazing as usual.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked this. I think the premise is really interesting between pandemics, viruses, and cursed children. I also like our leads. Rentaro is a likeable MC and Enju is adorable.

As far as the episode is concerned, it didn't help my latent arachnophobia by any means. So, I'm glad that was taken care of pretty quickly. Looking forward to what's coming--I might even give this a read if I get invested in it enough.

The OP sequence is fantastic, by the way. One of my favorites this season. Fripside has outdone themselves.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The loli is kind of annoying but otherwise solid start. I would read the series just to get more of the background and technology stuff. Most curious about the boundaries of the city and if they truly have all the girls just stand there all day as a barrier, as well as the twin towers of metal.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was curious about the barriers as well. It almost looks like they have the girls stand guard and people live around the pillars with the pillars acting as a sort of repellant. Yeah, Enju is cute, but she can be overbearing at times. She's also 10 years old. But I do like Kisara and Rentaro a bit more.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked Enju, she was funny. I have a relatively high tolerance for sassy loli, especially ones that can so easily eviscerate giant monster spiders. Good first episode. Exciting, well animated, lots of action, interesting premise. I am interested in how this anime develops, it has good potential.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

That gift...

Promoters are gathered with their battle lolis, there are even types, that's quite badass and cute. That Masked Man is cool, Rikiya's voice acting is fabulous.
    Cops just kill Initiators like that, what is the logic behind this? Why are they even hated like that?

Rentaro and Enju's bond is strong. Great episode again, I like the ED.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    That gift...

Promoters are gathered with their battle lolis, there are even types, that's quite badass and cute. That Masked Man is cool, Rikiya's voice acting is fabulous.
    Cops just kill Initiators like that, what is the logic behind this? Why are they even hated like that?

Rentaro and Enju's bond is strong. Great episode again, I like the ED.
    Humans always feared what was different from them and this show seems to be confirming it.
    Cursed children bear within them the Gastrea virus, which almost sent humanity to the brink of the extinction.
    Obviously it's not their fault and that's what makes their lives much more tragic and sad.
    Unfortunately what those cops did to that child, actually happened in real life not too many years ago....
    But now let's get back to the episode; the Hiruko duo sure is a dangerous and a crazy one....
    Rentaro's and Enju's bond is really beautiful and I'm sure that with it they will change things in that god-forsaken place called Tokyo area.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Racism... Discrimination... Always the same stuff... People always look for the simple solution by banning the unknown...
    I felt so sorry for Enju... She is lucky to have Rentaro though. Their bond is strong and I hope she'll come after him. He and his boss are pretty much the only good guys...
    That creep with his daughter... Wow... Although I have to say: Mantis type is the best type...

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Promoters are gathered with their battle lolis
    Thanks for that awesome comment. x'D

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. Enju is growing on me pretty quickly. The guy with the mask is creepy and interesting--Mantis type is hella strong.

It's really sad to see the discrimination against cursed children, especially after seeing that girl get shot for a very minor crime and then Enju running away.

The Nagi Yanagi song is also very nice. Beautiful ED.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; April 15, 2014 at 07:53 PM.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Enju used double kickSince episode 2 I can't help but think of Pokemon when I watch this show. Enju still tired to go to school despite her situation, the events in the first part where really fast, too fast but still good. I am kinda intrigued by Rentaro's techniques. That Shogen needs to die.

That's really weird but the more I see those 2 together, the more I think of them as a couple , even though Kisara is the love interest... She is the love interest, right?

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast