Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: No Game No Life

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: No Game No Life

I was rather annoyed when a friend always poked me to go check this series. Now I see why.

This is going to be a fun ride, it better be. Its first episode caught me the best from all other first episodes of Spring 2014's anime, and easily at the top spot at the moment. The basic idea is funny and stupid; we saw a story about someone trapped in a fantasy and wanted to get out, now we are presented with a story about a pair of crazy humans who hate reality and prefer to live in fantasy! And the crazy games too. "Simple", Tet says, but it's completely otherwise. The lovely element is how there is no strict limitation to how strange or complicated the game setup can be. The chess game is definitely the highlight of this first "arc". Shiro is sooooooo cute, Sora is soooooooo funny (what kind of leader motivate his troops like that lol), and Steph is lovely in her stupidity. XD The speech is awesome as well, you don't expect that coming from a NEET, you know. XD Totally can't wait for the next~~ <333

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 5:

Congratz Sora and Shiro... There is no more epic way to say that you are lazy as fuck...
    LOL @ the siblings being shocked about the fact that Steph is not retarded...

Steph being a dog for a day... I completely lost it...
    Animal girl kingdom... Oh god... Shiro is such an adorable bro-con. Asking for Stephs panties and wearing them as a hat... Holy crap...

Laughing at Stephs misfortune really made my day...

Awesome episode.
    Last edited by Skyguardian; May 08, 2014 at 05:53 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear God, that dog Steph with glasses, without panties, bra and clothes, was simply....THE BEST!!!
    Thank you Sora, you gave us a fantastic sight.
    Anyway it was a funny episode, as always I'd say, and Sora and Shiro sure are proud NEETs. LOL
    It was a surprise that Steph was so good in the internal affairs; I had the same reaction when I knew about it. XD
    As for the rest, that angel sure is a strange one, but I suppose that she will be deadly indeed....
    Looking forward to watching the next episode.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, this series cracked me up like there's no tomorrow. At first I thought Steph is an unlucky girl. Then she was shown to be somehow dumb. But later we discovered another strength she had, but only to be beaten so painfully by the likes of Sora and Shiro. Her fate combined with the sibling's fantasy is just so laughable, lol. Their interaction made my day today. Especially the last bird game. XD

I'm also happy to see the sibling actually taking things seriously. Since we have only seen things from Steph's eyes, they do seem so lazy. They're giving their all in order to meet Tet again, eh.

New challenger, more games! Laughed at that ending and the strange speech style of the "angel". Very interesting, though. With eyes that can read minds, what kind of game can they play?

I had a discussion about the length of the series with my friends today, and it is too short to conquer the other 15 races to get to Tet. I wonder how the plot will be planned out, or if we will see a second season.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Steph being intelligent (something impossible for us up to now XD), the different games and Steph acting like a dog. EPIC!
    In the end, Steph didn't notice that they are really working, getting information. Information is everything!

Looking forward to see the match between them and the "angel".

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    LOL @ the siblings being shocked about the fact that Steph is not retarded...
    They were massively underestimating her, to be honest. Even during their first rock-paper-scissors game, Steph showed second thinking ability to see a step of the trap they set. It's just that they are incredibly talented (and experienced, maybe) at gaming that they find everyone else to be lacking.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the after credit scene. It's pretty funny XD. Hope they start and end the game with the next episode.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] No Game No Life

Episode 6:

That is what I call a knowledge fetish...
    Sora showed us nudity for all ages... Damn this was awesome... Super Healthy looooool. And why was Shiro so okay with that?!

Now that was lethal Shitori. Creating a f-ing Hypernova?! Those two are beyond smart. Let's ignore that they killed billions... x'D

With Jibril another girl joines the harem... And I rank her #1 at the moment...

PS: Steph is an awesome dog...

Outstanding episode.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 6:

That is what I call a knowledge fetish...
    Sora showed us nudity for all ages... Damn this was awesome... Super Healthy looooool. And why was Shiro so okay with that?!

Now that was lethal Shitori. Creating a f-ing Hypernova?! Those two are beyond smart. Let's ignore that they killed billions... x'D

With Jibril another girl joines the harem... And I rank her #1 at the moment...

PS: Steph is an awesome dog...

Outstanding episode.
    Lol! Getting rid of Coulomb's Law wouldn't really have turned the earth into a hypernova. It still would have been lethal though since either:
    1) all the atoms in their bodies would have flown apart in random directions or,
    2) if there is sufficient gravity to keep them together, they will collapse into a neutron star.

They wouldn't do a hypernova though since the Pauli Exclusion Principle would still be there to prevent the neutron star from collapsing into a black hole as long as the mass of the neutron star is less than 3-4 solar masses. 1 earth mass is definitely less.

An actual hypernova requires a lot more mass to occur. Something like 50-90 times the mass of the sun, so....

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't care about the physics law anymore! Episode 6 is just so entertaining. The best shiritori game ever and the best episode!

Yeah, I also don't understand how Shiro could be okay with that given she was also stripped of her clothes. And why was Jibril so comfortable? The whole adult content is just so funny because it's always on the edge yet made so serious every time. XD

Who are they going to take down next, I wonder...?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that was the most epic Shiritori game that I've ever seen.
    Creating a hypernova like taht and destroying everything in the process just to defeat Jibril was epic.
    Speaking of Jibril, she's so sexy (her erogenous zones) and funny (her drooling), even though at first I found her behaviour to be quite arrogant.
    Anyway, way too go Sora, that's what I call fetishes and it was really a sight all those girls completely naked.
    All in all it was really a funny and entertaining episode and I'm happy that a new girl entered the group (even though Steph is still the best for me).

P.S: That Skyrim reference at the end. XD

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I found out why the girls were so comfortable with being naked. Stupid Sora, really, if he wanted to see so much he shouldn't have done that.

Jibril did seem arrogant, but I guess it makes sense with all the knowledge she has. I found it stranger that she tried to talk in weird accent and named her whole body her erogenous zone, lol.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I found out why the girls were so comfortable with being naked. Stupid Sora, really, if he wanted to see so much he shouldn't have done that.
    There is a reason for that? Although why would Shiro mind anyway... x'D

Please tell us.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a reason for that? Although why would Shiro mind anyway... x'D

Please tell us.
    Spoiler: Sensitive content show

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Spoiler: Sensitive content show
    Ah that is what you meant... Well it was very healthy, as Shiro said. *g*
    Although I'm 100% sure that neither Jibril nor Shiro would've cared. Steph on the other hand...

New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast