Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: No Game No Life

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: No Game No Life

I enjoy a lot this series. It's not the greatest series ever, but every chapter has my fully attention and t's so funny. Games are exciting as well, some of them are incredible outrageous.

But if THIS is the level of a game just between races I'm really curious how will be the final game against Chet.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    I stopped somewhere around this part of the LN. Shiro's mother abandoned her in the orphanage and took her back after her remarriage. Technically, she would be the adopted one.
    Uhm so that would mean they are related by blood, aren't they? Half-brother/Half-sister, with the same mother but a different father? We know so little about their past but the mother sure seems to be a horrible persons.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Uhm so that would mean they are related by blood, aren't they? Half-brother/Half-sister, with the same mother but a different father? We know so little about their past but the mother sure seems to be a horrible persons.
    It is mentioned that they are not blood related. Sora is 7 years older than her and she hasn't been in the orphanage so long. So, Sora's father must have divorced and married Shiro's mother.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    It is mentioned that they are not blood related. Sora is 7 years older than her and she hasn't been in the orphanage so long. So, Sora's father must have divorced and married Shiro's mother.
    Ah yeah, forgot about that. Good to know, though it would've been funny if the creator actually dared to show that level of affection with blood-related siblings awful memories of OreImo return to my mind

---------- Post added June 09, 2014 at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was June 08, 2014 at 08:55 PM ----------

I think someone already pointed it out but why not gather all the awesome references?

Hyouka reference:

Spoiler show

Jibril even copies Chitanda's famous line: "Watashi ki ninarimasu"

Sayonara Zetsubou reference:

Spoiler show

Yu-Gi-Oh reference:

Spoiler show

Phoenix Wright reference:

Spoiler show

Skyrim reference:

Spoiler show

Laputa: Castle in the Sky reference

Spoiler show

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind reference:

Spoiler show

Neon Genesis Evangelion reference:

Spoiler show

Jojo's Bizzarre Adventure reference:

Spoiler show

Doreamon reference:

Spoiler show

I really love all those references If I've missed some, feel free to show us

6. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 10:

So basically Jibril is a big M... Now that was unexpected...
    Fi an Kurami are awesome together and Shiro loves to have her head patted...
    Sora is a rank EX pervert. His harem grows and grows...

I didn't expect the ending either after THAT speech... x'D What are they scared off? Arcade games? Or is it because they aren't in their room?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Why didn't they show Jibril licking Fi 's feet? . Kurami is like a pet, it's amusing to see her reactions. I understand how the riot will help them but I don't know why they felt the need to show their disagreement just like that, why didn't they try to beat them at a game if they are so upset? Tokyo is scary...

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Fun as hell.

Kinda curious about the game now the setting is Tokyo.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, there we go, I finally caught up, after hearing about the series so, so, much! Totally worth it!

Where to start the games! Ah yes, mind games, best thing since Liar Game, I enjoy that kind of setting, games hold deep meaning into how human beings act between each other, this show takes that to a new extreme! Funny how the games seem to "grow" we were in a simple poker card game, well a simple chess game if you count Tet ... and we ended up into a game of ones own existence! And now we are in a game of the real world? Games get crazier and crazier, when the challenger is stronger and stronger!

Secondly, the politics is amazing! yup, politics plays a big role in this show, Sora is on a "conquest", but he does seem to build a strong country first and then go at it. I do expect more deep political upping each other from the leaders of the races. With the latest developments and how they are playing against the ambassador it's clear that politics will play an even bigger role between the nations as Sora leads his conquest.

There is no way all this can be resolved in two episodes. I guess this will be the final battle of this "season"(?) so that opens up a possibility for a second one? If so, the second one is where the races duke it out! Now I want to read the novels!

A, yes, the slice of life, Sora is a maniac, but Shiro is keeping him at bey pretty good, the harem is amazing, and he will add the ambassador and the queen(?) of the Werebeasts to his harem as well? He will go full on with 10 or more girls against the other nations? Bath scenes have never been more funnier, ever!

Wonderful, just .... wonderful series.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, there is MANY politics involved if you can't resort to war, actually. That's one of the thing I like about this series to be honest, it's way more complex if you start to dig up below the jokes and references.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Well, there is MANY politics involved if you can't resort to war, actually. That's one of the thing I like about this series to be honest, it's way more complex if you start to dig up below the jokes and references.
    Exactly, it makes it a two level series. On the surface is the slice of life, character interactions, comedy and moe ... and on the flip side you have a war without guns ... a mind war ... many negotiations and such are to follow since this was really the first we saw of the two races debating politics with each other. A good foreshadowing to that was the king and his 8 games, that was all politics, and ofc the way Sora and Shiro upgraded and reformed the kingdom with agriculture and treasury reform.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

After that epic speech and all the preparations, Shiro and Sora got knocked out right away, when the game has just begun. LOL
    I wonder how they will be able to win this now. XD
    A great episode and the whole introductions' scene was fun as hell; too bad that they didn't show Jibril licking Fi's foot though.
    As for the rest, it seems like Izana is forced to win everytime because of the Shrine priestess, who doesn't seem to care about her that much....
    I'll defintely look forward to seeing how things will go from this point onward.
    Anyway, I'm really liking all these mind games and negotiations, because it makes the anime intriguing and epic.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Super thanks for the reference list!

I have finished catching up. Awesome as always. Funny moments, awesome moments, cute moments. The way the two pairs hug each other at the end of episode 9 is absolutely cute, and touching in a way too, that both treasure their other half so much. Episode 10's ending is just too hilarious, they both instantly transformed into babies. Very entertaining. I wonder what kind of "video game" game we will see in the next episode. How many characters are they going to control, and how...? XD

I can't believe we only have 2 more episodes for this season. I will definitely miss this series. There has to be a second season! So much more to explore still.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, this episode was SO MUCH FUN. It was fast, enjoyable and above all full of action!!

Loved it. Literally :P
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

They became normal once they understood it was a virtual world, lol at Jibril experiencing NTR.

Galge and FPS combined . This episode had everything, perfect for me.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 11:

That Persona 4 reference... x'D

Jibril again the star... And here I thought it couldn't get any better after Shiro shot her brother out of f-ing nowhere... x'D
    That and Steph falling in love with herself... x'D Poor Steph... Sora is such a troll.

So finally Izuna shows her true colors. This will be quite the showdown. What a fun game.

Shiro... What a genius... I love her even more now.

PS: "Nii... Daisuki! " *dies*

New Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast