Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: No Game No Life

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: No Game No Life

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Being a Steph fan means you like the character as it is, she is useful with a few unfair treatments ... if you want her character to totally change, then, that will not be Steph anymore ... UNless you like her for the fanservice in which case no need to not be pleased as so far it as been top notch.

Nope, I don't really want to see the character to change. Steph is not dumb, anyway. Just too much Sora & Shiro genius advertising makes her seem so. Being a Steph fan doesn't mean I need to like what she's enduring or going through, no?
    I don't know. I prefer fanservice with clothing, to be honest, so, No Game No Life has one good fanservice character for me and that's Jibril xD

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Steph didn't really work for me. While I definitely think the show really was a 9/10. The -1 for me was half Steph and half the florescent color filter they put on everything(I'm not a fan of that).

She was basically the designated Tsukkomi for the show. And while I think whoever wrote this deserves some credit for trying to deepen her various times. None of those attempts really took with me. By the time Jibril and Izuna were introduced, she just didn't seem relevant anymore.
    Last edited by Jammin; June 28, 2014 at 02:41 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, kinda sad how Izuna somehow is given a better stage in the story rather than Dola, which is supposed to be one of the four main casts. Hopefully second season would be better for her.

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Nope, I don't really want to see the character to change. Steph is not dumb, anyway. Just too much Sora & Shiro genius advertising makes her seem so. Being a Steph fan doesn't mean I need to like what she's enduring or going through, no?
    I don't know. I prefer fanservice with clothing, to be honest, so, No Game No Life has one good fanservice character for me and that's Jibril xD
    A Steph fan also liking Jibril as well? Well yeah I dunno, it depends where the author wants to use these other characters, it will be more "blank" as we go along, now we have Izuna as well and the Shrine Goddess. For the overall plot it seems Dola served her role when the plot was still in "Imanity's" realms. Biggest fear is that a Dola fan would have to come to grips with her just being a regular joke character from now on. :/

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, so I am the only one who doesn't care much about Shiro. I like Sora, Steph and Jibril infinitely more than her.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome final episode.
    Izuna-tan is so adorable... Now even Shiro likes to bath. Kinda worrisome that she has no problems with running around commando style...

Jibril being a former (?) member of the Flügel government... Summoning that huge thing just like that... Jibril = best girl of the season. Who needs an old deus when you have a goddess in Jibril?

Of course the miko just summons an old god... It ends just like that... Now where is my second season?

Hands down the best show of the season. 9/10 from me.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Awesome final episode.
    Izuna-tan is so adorable... Now even Shiro likes to bath. Kinda worrisome that she has no problems with running around commando style...

Jibril being a former (?) member of the Flügel government... Summoning that huge thing just like that... Jibril = best girl of the season. Who needs an old deus when you have a goddess in Jibril?

Of course the miko just summons an old god... It ends just like that... Now where is my second season?

Hands down the best show of the season. 9/10 from me.
    I couldnt have said it better.
    That Shrine priestess was so hot BTW.
    I too am looking forward to having a second season, because this show deserves one considering that it simply was the best of this season along with other ones.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the final episode was awesome. Even though the logic of thinking soooooo far ahead and using Dola for the final attack was kinda out of my logic, I appreciate the effort made to think so far, lol. The whole setting is very fun, the tricks, characters, and said plot are all very interesting. What happened with the shrine priestess was something I'm still wondering about, but I guess it can wait. Can't wait for the next season! 10/10 for me! <3

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8